getting tired of losing on 20 for unkown reason

This happened to me 3 times in a row. Twice on wave 20 and once on 23. All defenses were up but somehow an orc got to the crystal. I'm guessing he must have been pushed over a barricade by the mass of mobs spawning. Bogus

I don't think Trendy cares about fixing this bug/glitch. Its been over a month and nothing been done about it. They need to change it to where the crystal can only take damage if the mob is within 5meter of the crystal (that would rule of if its a random attack from across the map hitting it).

on wave 22 and it happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KiRGdBU-w&feature=youtu.be

Hard to tell what happened or how on earth a mob made it through or if it was a random arrow that hit it.

I had this problem aswell. Playing until wave 20+ for a couple of hours and then suddenly - BOOM. Game over.

Trendy stinks.

Alch lab has some blind points next to the 2 frontal choke points... i used to fail at wave 18 and 20 before i noticed it... in order to win it... you have to to fix the leak...

in your vid the problem is clearly a super speed kobold coming from behind...

here is my setup http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=6202 with enough area and trap size its basically afk mode till wave 22...

place the blockables can be a problem, but try till you can

Alch lab has some blind points next to the 2 frontal choke points... i used to fail at wave 18 and 20 before i noticed it... in order to win it... you have to to fix the leak...

in your vid the problem is clearly a super speed kobold coming from behind...

here is my setup http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=6202 with enough area and trap size its basically afk mode till wave 22...

place the blockables can be a problem, but try till you can

After testing it I have never ever had problems with mobs falling down those sides with the barriers out far enough, what I did discover is on the other side of those barricades there's a little ledge that lets you go right over the barricade with zero effort, and kobolds tend to use that.

I finally decided I was going to put barricades there to stop it because clearly the ensnare+inferno+electric alone wasn't cutting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49VW6CoXutI A video showing what I'm talking about.

man, it's a serious pain to play around with setups. It takes what, 6 hours just to see if it works.
I just wanna get some good gear and everything < wave 20 is no good for me anymore, and nightmare is impossible with 120k DPS.

UGH...

Alan: the issue I see with your setup is I like to put strengh drains around my blockages. that far apart from each other will require a lot of maintenance wihtout the STR, no?

How can they fix this bug when it takes >5 hours to get to wave 20, but Trendy only play tests for 10 mins every other day?

How can they fix this bug when it takes >5 hours to get to wave 20, but Trendy only play tests for 10 mins every other day?

10 mins lets not overestimate here

That first video looks like a kobold went over the barrier. Now a lot of people say it's a bug of them phasing through the wall and what have you but I think one thing that hasn't been pointed out is when mobs bunches up on top of each other. I've seen this happen a lot with archers especially when they are pushing against a barrier on downward steps another mob will come in and practically walk on top of them. The real only solution to this was making sure no mobs get stacked near the barriers. If I had a guessing as to why things are getting passed your barriers, this would be it(or what Tyhan suggested) as I saw this constantly happen on Endless Spires until I changed by setup and stop building barriers next to or on steps. What Tyhan also said makes sense too is there's a path for the mobs to go if the area is filled and they are trying everything to push past. Normally most areas have a no-walk zone for mobs on railings and such but I haven't loaded up the DDDK to see if there is one on alch labs. If there isn't could suggest to trendy to update the map to include one. At least at the step's locations even if just a little bit.

all great posts too much to reply on...
I'm going to try AGAIN, it'll take hours....i'll report back my findings and setup.

BTW, I been grinding away for WEEKS getting frustrated and getting NOWHERE, then a super awesome cool player I met at a shop hooked me up.

Don't waste your time, buy the XP Bonus and Solo glitter insane to get from 70 - 74. 73-74 took only 4 playthroughs.
Farm mana in Alch Lab Mixed Mode...after 15 you should be making about 5 mil a wave.
BUY good mythical items from the defendersstore. (99.9 mil, so farm PLENTY of mana)

This I found the most efficient and effective level up method. I did in two days what i could do in 2.5 weeks!!!!

ANYWAY 5:30 PM - 12:00 AM
another attempt...refortified the baracades around the rails and such. I DID make it to 22, and BOOM.
we need a playback feature or something, none of the other 3 players saw what happened either, all defenses were still up :(

AT 22 I got excited and had some coffee, now what am I supposed to do...humph!!!!

in even another updated, got through to 25 on non mixed mode survival insane. Nothing good drops though. Solid drops through 22 in mixed mode. Would really love to see the drops that would come in the next 3 waves :(
the 6 other players I played with said they expericned the same issues...maybe we all just suck...!!!

Alch Labs is a small map. The biggest source of such issues is things sneaking over walls, or fireball projectiles chasing that barely make it. If you go up the front stairs, where the walls typically are, a mage shooting at you from the further stairs can stray hit the crystal. Don't run through there - don't be anywhere where you're directly between the crystal and the spawns by open air (which really is just that one spot).