Test your game, oh my god

7.14b
* Nightmare player-resistance multiplier set to 50% (up from 40%)

* Reduced Nightmare Player Resistance Multiplier from 50% to 40%

Really?

Eigen sums it up even better.
Actually it's worse than that:

7.13b
* Fixed Armor Resistances Bug
7.13c
* Increased Player Armor Resistance multiplier from 40% to 65% in Nightmare
* Reduced Nightmare Player Resistance Multiplier from 65% to 40%
7.14b

To be honest, I'm getting tired of this too. It's just impossible to even attempt UMF2 NM or Survival NM now, unless you have hacked gear, or bought NM gear from people who used hacked gear to beat it (seriously go look at the leaderboard for UMF2 NM and tell me those people didn't all use hacked gear. Lvl72's beating it yeah right).

Nightmare campaigns were fun and do-able for the most part but now it's just becoming an ever increasing chore and an exercise in frustration. It definitely shows a level of masochism to play NM right now. Nothing has been done to make NM more fun.

7.14b

Really?

Torchlight 2 really needs to hurry and come out, I'm about done with these guys unfortunately.

Im hoping for D3 in the end of jan :) Hopefully they havent ruined it to much... I want a d2 clone kinda :P

I like Diablo 2 but idk its too dark and depressing TLight was more fun

7.13b
7.13c
7.14b

To be honest, I'm getting tired of this too. It's just impossible to even attempt UMF2 NM or Survival NM now, unless you have hacked gear, or bought NM gear from people who used hacked gear to beat it (seriously go look at the leaderboard for UMF2 NM and tell me those people didn't all use hacked gear. Lvl72's beating it yeah right).

Nightmare campaigns were fun and do-able for the most part but now it's just becoming an ever increasing chore and an exercise in frustration. It definitely shows a level of masochism to play NM right now. Nothing has been done to make NM more fun.

7.13b
7.13c
7.14b

To be honest, I'm getting tired of this too. Unless you have hacked gear, or bought NM gear from people who used hacked gear to beat it (seriously go look at the leaderboard for UMF2 NM and tell me those people didn't all use hacked gear), it's just impossible to even attempt UMF2 NM or (MM) Survival NM now. Nightmare campaigns were fun and do-able for the most part but now it's just becoming a chore an exercise in frustration. It definitely shows a level of masochism to play NM right now and it's just not fun ;/

Exactly This.

It definitely shows a level of masochism to play NM right now. Nothing has been done to make NM more fun.

Agreed ;_;

You've chosen the wrong line of patch notes: http://http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?36801-Informative-About-resist-nerf

But you're right in the first place. They should test. Ogres still ignore blocks :D

oh thank god. otherwise glitter insane would be super hard with afk+1 (not to mention basically every nightmare map i beat so far). also, they really should leave it in. i think of it more like outsmarting the dumb ogre.

This just proves the incompetence of Trendy's devs...

Pretty much this. They certainly have their fair share of apologists on these forums, but honestly, you only have to read the patch note history to see that Trendy's QA duo are phoning it in. Steam patched my (long since abandoned) Dungeon Defenders installation how many times this week?

The awe-inspiring thing is, they were starting to generate an avalanche of Minecraft-esque game hype there for a while, and they managed to completely blow it. There's a great case study in there for any up-and-coming game house. What Not To Do.

this game is taking a turn for the worse when its already deep in a ditch and constantly digging

I don't see what the big issue is here. Can someone explain it?

Hotfixed to decrese, then patched to increase, then hotfixed to decrease, and now another hotfix to increase it back again with an apology.

The problem is it shouldn't take going back and forth this many times. If there was adequate testing and some real playtime with these numbers before throwing it onto steam for everyone to complain about, there would be a lot of avoided trouble, complaints, anger, and forum threads.

It would be one thing if they were all different numbers, but 3 of those patches and hotfixes have returned the values to the same numbers 3 times.

The game was never ment to have end game content like it does. The company never expected so many people would like this game, let alone have the demand for the content that they ask for. The game was suppose to be like any other indie game; log on, play for a bit and leave. Not "we want more hardcore loots, keep us playing raaaghhh"!

I think you should all be thankful they're trying to fulfill the need of the players. They actually do listen and the constant patch notes are them trying to make it better. Personally I think you're all better off to go and play an mmo game as the hardcore's seem to want more of that sort of playstyle. DD was so much better when it first came out.

Player: Hands over list of demands.
Trendy: They want all this? The game was never meant to have it.
Player: We want!!
Trendy: Ok, we can try and add some end content I guess....

Player: "I hates this! Raaghh!" (keeps playing DD)

Personally iv had my fun with DD. The end game is not for me as I can't do Survival or UMF. Just bought $100 worth of games on Steam so its not like Im missing out on any fun time. :)

The community here sucks balls and is very demanding and rather selfish. I got my moneys worth from Trendy and think they did a great job. Sure the end game isnt too good but it was never suppose to be.