About nightmare aura/trap nerfs etc..

Is it just me or is all these nerfs just making nightmare a pain in the *** for the new players that dont have mythical gear?

I mean with the range nerfs of auras, hp nerfs etc etc. Same goes for traps and all that?

The players that already had the time to farm for mythical. These nerfs doesnt realy bother them since they got the 600-700 tower stats already but the new people? I dunno.

Its the same DU count still but everything gets smaller range?

Id just like to know how trendy had planned this for new players. People will be forced to buy overpriced mythical from the shops to be able to even play nightmare due to their normal insane gear stats is nerfed to the ground by just playing nightmare? It just doesnt add up. Not for me anyway.

Im already in decent gear so it aint a major issue for me. Im just wondering about the new players. They are getting hell as the rest of us are getting the easymode... its just odd

Im not saying going straight into NM.. But I am writhing this with the 40% aura size reduction... 40% is a major...

Anything above 160 tower range for most campaign maps can be to much since you wont be able to make a aura do to size. You can easily get over 200 tower range without any upgrades with godly armor no need for mythical and besides the fact the nerf is only for nightmare. Even though with the new ability to resize auras and traps it will get rid of the problem where you cant spawn a aura cause its to big and close to a crytal or whatever.

Well they do say effective range... Effective range aint the hero stats bonus in tower range its the real range..

so 11.5 in range = 11.5x 0.6 = 6.9... with 24 in tower range my drain aura covers 6.92...

So I dunno if its just a bad choice of word from trendy with effective range? Im just saying. Otherwise about 250 tower aura range = 25 aura range in tower stats... With the 40% effect nerf?

Im just wondering what gear they expect new players to farm... Im not saying they wont be able to Im just saying its gona be a ***** for new players...

with the * 40% reduction on Trap/Aura effective range on Nightmare

* 40% reduction on Trap/Aura effective range on Nightmare
Will have to wait and see what it does but as far as i know auras do the same damage regarless where the enemy is I might be wrong as i only use ensnare auras rarely do I use Elect auras but from what i understand it the would only make the traps need enemies to be closer to set them off and auras get smaller. Most times i have had to find armors or pets the give negative tower range because auras were to big and i need it my auras smaller so IMO it wont have as a big of a effect as most people think. This was before mithycal armors came out now with mythical armors the give you around 100 per stat i hardly see anything wrong.

It depends I guess... Lets say alch labs... if its true with effective range as trendy wrote it. You will need 4 stre drain auras to cover 4 walls. so instead of using 12 du's to cover ur 4 walls. you will need to use 24?

Well I was just happy to be able to use towers again after the nightmare buff. Now it will be impossible to cover walls + towers in the 1 drain aura. Since putting towers to close to the wall + in a big pile = splash damage from ogers + every tower getting webbed.

But if it is like I belive. Il be leaving towers again I guess for traps and just be using hp walls again.

Imho they could have reduced the size of poison/lightning and left the others untouched. Those 2 are the major issue of monk that needs a nerfing touch.

Well the patch was just submitted now we just have to wait till midnigth EST as thats the time the last few patches have been releasing on but hope we get it sooner than the last few patches. Never mind the its patching right now.

Blitz but its odd when the difference between 270 tower range stats and 90 tower range stats = about 1,4 in effective range :o

I guess the difference is that now ppl will be using poison trap instead to creat a mob blockade to slow mobs down as they kill them instead. and Lightning tower instead of aura.