Sign in to follow this  
razmeth

Max Stats

I've got 2 chars at 72 and I'm planning to buy Mythical equipment and upgrade it like crazy. What I'd like to know, is for a DPS Ranger, what should I put points in to? From what I've seen, to continue I will need much more than 55k dps, and possibly higher resistances. What are the caps on Hero stats gained from equipment, if any? Also, what are the caps on equipment stats such as resistances?

Is dumping mana in to boosting resistances worth it, why or why not? Which resistances would be most beneficial for Nightmare runs? Should I be dumping points in to something else instead?

If this information is somewhere, please point me in the right direction as the wiki is outdated and/or sorely lacking in details.

Regards,
Razmeth

55k DPS is certainly far too low.
On armour max the resistances, otherwise the whole lot should be in attack for a DPS ranger. A complete set of 100^ mythical gear with 30% bonus plus a 200+ ^ weapon will yield over 1300 attack, and should hit for in excess of 650k DPS not including piercing shot.
Resistances hit 30 max initially then you can upgrade resistance once every 10 levels. Aim for 36 per type per armour piece if you want perfect in nightmare as that will give you the max 70%. If you can't max out all four types (and unless you have mucho patience to farm, you won't) go for generic first - it's by far the most useful.
There is a hard cap of 360 on each piece of equip - but I can't see how anyone could hit it with the current loot levels.

Any idea what the price on a good Myth weapon with 200^+ should be? I've been having issues even finding one in the shops, I just keep finding a few Myth with ~40^ or so. I have plenty of cash, I just can't seem to find them for sale.

Any idea what the price on a good Myth weapon with 200^+ should be? I've been having issues even finding one in the shops, I just keep finding a few Myth with ~40^ or so. I have plenty of cash, I just can't seem to find them for sale.

defendersstore allows you to sort by upg count, as far as I remember. Also set filters, so that you see items with 100 upgs minimum, for example.

BTW. Unless you really have PLENTY of mana, you won't upgrade them "like crazy". ;-) You'll be surprised how much mana upgrades cost...

When upgrading resistances on armor is there a hard cap for the character, say you reach X on your hero by upgrading your armors resistance but you can still upgrade it more is there a cap on X? Like with other stats the equipment can exceed the maximum you can put in from hero points.

When upgrading resistances on armor is there a hard cap for the character, say you reach X on your hero by upgrading your armors resistance but you can still upgrade it more is there a cap on X? Like with other stats the equipment can exceed the maximum you can put in from hero points.

I believe you can upgrade armor resistances to 23%, then every 10 upgrades (10/100, 20/100, etc.) you can add 1% over the 23% softcap. I don't see much use for it though.

Ok, so I've been looking in to getting a nice Ranger weapon. What are the important stats? I would think the attack rate would matter as the more often it attacks the better even if the attack is low, but is that the way it works, or does it take the amount of damage and just divide it between all the shots?

Any idea what the price on a good Myth weapon with 200^+ should be?

I often have my shop open selling only 200^+ weps for 40mil each. They're mostly flawed in some way, but sometimes there's a gem or two in there that would otherwise just be clogging up my Item Box (more space please Trendy ;)).

Add me if you wanna check it out.

I was hoping for first a good definition of what makes a weapon flawed or a gem. Which are the most important stats? Judging by how people price items, the only important stat is the number of upgrades, which sounds ridiculous as everyone says upgrades get expensive fast. Is there a chart of cost per upgrade level for mythic items somewhere?

Gem:
no negatives
4-6 shots per second
high physical damage; say 500+
pierces (disk tosser / bone bow)
high reload 25+
high clip size 100+

like with everything loot. higher is better (as long as it's positive).

you can run your aura and tower toons to level you others. very easy in glitter insane.

The way I see ranger weapons now since mythical items have been introduced, as you have noticed there are varying differences in weapons in terms of projectiles per shot and attack speed rates.

However from what I can tell, due to the high upgrade levels of mythical items, assuming one puts all their upgrades into weapon damage, the damage stat of most types of weapons reaches a similar number at lets say 200 upgrades (10-20k for example). Therefore the slower attack speed weapons get rapidly outclassed with each damage upgrade (for example a minigun with 15k damage and 10 attack speed far outclassed lets say a basic crossbow, dragon cannon, blunderbuss, etc.) So yes, both upgrade levels and weapon types are a priority.

Then you have to factor in the projectile properties, is it a weapon that only outputs elemental damage (rendering it ineffective to around 1/3 of mobs, i.e. sicarius, flamethrower, etc.) Also do the projectiles pierce more than one or multiple enemies infinitely (i.e. bone gun, disc thrower).

In terms of tower and hero stats on a weapon, I would prioritize hero damage, the piercing shot skill and tower damage (if hybrid). If any of these have a large negative value then I'll definitely be put off using it.

Also a low base damage would be a big turnoff for me. If at level 1 the weapon have less than 200 damage and is mythical, I'd also avoid it due to the fact that damage upgraded per point invested scales exponentially with current base damage (i.e. if you invested 1 point into the damage stat of both a 100 damage weapon and a 200 damage weapon, the damage stat would jump higher for the 200).

So in summary of priority, 1. High Upgrade levels, 2. Good Weapon type, 3. Weapon Stats (high negatives in key skills), 4. Decent Base Damage at level 1.

^_^