tys

CPU usage problems not fixed

Tavern after game start:

Wave 5:

Wave 10 build phase:

Tavern after 15 waves:

Config:
4c/4t intel cpu, 8gb ram, win7 x64

Sounds really really familiar. Only I managed to fix it on my own. By temporarily disconnecting my gamepad for 1min during each build phase. Then I got a new gamepad and everything runs fine without needing to disconnect the gamepad.

Sounds really really familiar. Only I managed to fix it on my own. By temporarily disconnecting my gamepad for 1min during each build phase. Then I got a new gamepad and everything runs fine without needing to disconnect the gamepad.

Interesting! Playing some dota 2 right now, but I'll try this fix right after. I hope its something simple as that. I'll be back after I've tried it out :)

After further investigation I found that the game is somehow causing the gamepads drivers to generate more and more system interrupt commands that eventually start piling up and make the whole system lag like hell.

This did solve it for me, been playing for over an hour now. And performance is just as good as when I launched the game.

Hopefully they'll somehow fix this though, cause I play a lot of splitscreen.

After further investigation I found that the game is somehow causing the gamepads drivers to generate more and more system interrupt commands that eventually start piling up and make the whole system lag like hell.

This did solve it for me, been playing for over an hour now. And performance is just as good as when I launched the game.

Hopefully they'll somehow fix this though, cause I play a lot of splitscreen.

Please keep playing and let me know in like 2 days either here or PM if this gamepad solution still works for you. Thanks!

Please keep playing and let me know in like 2 days either here or PM if this gamepad solution still works for you. Thanks!

Will do, but I can almost gurantee you that that was the reason its working now. Can't think of a single thing I've done with the computer during that one hour of dota that might have changed the performance in dungeon defenders. Done a lot of survivals during the last months, never gotten further than wave 11 without MASSIVE lags, surprisingly I've managed to finish them anyway, not in nightmare though. Soon at wave 20 nm mm survival and no lag at all :)

I've simply unplugged my gamepads completely, havn't tried removing them while in a game.

And again, I will contact you again to confirm it.

Will do, but I can almost gurantee you that that was the reason its working now. Can't think of a single thing I've done with the computer during that one hour of dota that might have changed the performance in dungeon defenders. Done a lot of survivals during the last months, never gotten further than wave 11 without MASSIVE lags, surprisingly I've managed to finish them anyway, not in nightmare though. Soon at wave 20 nm mm survival and no lag at all :)

I've simply unplugged my gamepads completely, havn't tried removing them while in a game.

And again, I will contact you again to confirm it.

How goes DD with this workaround so far?

For me having the old controller disconnected really helped. Before I had to reboot DD after about 20 waves of anything. Now The longest streak is two complete survivals without any issues.

Now to fix the "I have to sleep a few hours every 20 or so hours to not crash my face on the keyboard while playing" problem and I can do a full run of ten survivals in a row.

In all seriousness tough. It seems that the unreal engine 3 in general is having strange issues with controllers that are not using generic windows drivers. I have a few unreal engine 3 games and all of them seem to have some performance drop after a while of gaming if a controller that has a driver that is not from microsoft is plugged in.
In UT3 it wasn't a serious drop. From 60fps to 50fps. In Sanctum it would dip as low as 20fps. And the fps problem would immidiadly fix itself if the controller with the problematic driver is disconnected. Even without restarting the game.

Right sorry, It's working great. Unplugging my gamepad completely solved it. Kinda sad not being able to splitscreen for more than a campaign level though :) Survival/PS in Splitscreen is completely out of question.

Thank you! I was going to quit the game because of this, actually had for a week, and just randomly looked through these forums today and found this.
I was finally able to fix my problem with this knowledge.
What I did was go into windows\system32 and deleted xinput1_*.dll (had 3 files in mine)
Went into windows\sysWOW64 and deleted xinput1_*.dll (also had 3 files)
Went to http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows and got new controller drivers (so that it works with other games).

Now I just unplug the controller to play DD and it works great.