Upgrading Staff Charge Speed

Hello.

I am deciding between upgrading base dmg and charge speed. That desicion is mine to make, however I don't know the following:

Does upgrading charge speed also increase damage of autofire?

Because:
My current weapon has +71 charge speed. The difference between a fully charged attack and an auto fire (LMB+RMB) is just about nothing. If I click my mouse it's as good as fully charged. My Autofire is 12k and my Charged fire is 35k. Now I am wondering, what if:

I increased my charge speed, causing the barrier between charged and auto fire to fade away slowly, causing my autofire bullets to go from 12k to 35k.

Or doesn't it work like that? Maybe there's a formule that doesn't calculate charge speed into the final damage of autofire.

I dunno, but I'm not rich enough to find out myself.

So is it worth getting my 70 charge speed to 100? That's "only" 10 upgrades out of the 108 it has.

There is another thread here on the apprentice forum that talks about it, i think it said you get more bang for your buck to upgrade damage over charge if charge is atleast 66. Thats how i read it anyways, havent really looked in to it that much since all my staffs have over 100 base or its the trashcan

There is another thread here on the apprentice forum that talks about it, i think it said you get more bang for your buck to upgrade damage over charge if charge is atleast 66. Thats how i read it anyways, havent really looked in to it that much since all my staffs have over 100 base or its the trashcan

If you can macro your timing (AutoHotkey, logitech mouses, etc), then even 100+ charge can be useful.
However if I were you, I would upgrade the base damage of the staff, and farm one that has 90+ as base charge. (found a staff with 120 charge once)

So is it worth getting my 70 charge speed to 100? That's "only" 10 upgrades out of the 108 it has.

If you're running a macro.