Loot progress path for dummies

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmhm... :(

Stuck with my 2 main towerchars, both 400 Tower attack and 180 rest. I can do IALSMM up till wave 20, but I dont see any upgrades dropping from there anymore. My hero app is doing 250k dps with a nice 66/108 weapon, but that's too low to go anywhere near Insane UMF, so I'm kind of stuck. Don't really have the cash to just buy my way into good gear and doing IALSMM twice a day isn't really what I had in mind either.

But I will try this. Main problem is still getting 74 though, after 5 days of playing nonstop on my dps apprentice he's only 72-andabit. Can't imagine what it's like getting my towerguy there, holycrap T_T

edit: almost forgot to say, great guide great guide - Community hero.

Oh I thought Insane glitter was physically impossible to solo due to the timer? Hmm. Guess I missed some development xD

Buying the xp bonus for going from 73-74 or even 72-73 seems like a pretty good option right now. It only gives you one-tenth the level, so thats 700k mana to get there, but I make that much off of an insane glitter plus 2m or even just insane ramparts. Try doing that

Mmhm... :(

But I will try this. Main problem is still getting 74 though, after 5 days of playing nonstop on my dps apprentice he's only 72-andabit. Can't imagine what it's like getting my towerguy there, holycrap T_T

Dear god 5 days lol, from 0-70 on glitter Insane its 2-3 runs = 1hour...70-74 its 6runs BUT get full party, more exp :D i even connect one controller to get other one leveling afk lol

Well 5 days non stop IALSMM that is, basically about 6 times wave 1-> 18 just to get blown up by 'something'.

Will do Insane glitter :)

To everyone struggling with glitter, ive used this build since my aura monk was lvl 50 and mage was lvl 60, you have just enough time to build everything, try it on hard couple of times, and when you got your chars at lvl 70 with decent gear, you can do insane easily aswell.

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Powerleveling:_1-70_in_80_minutes

OP Might wanna add this link to your first post too, VERY helpful guide.

On hard its almost afk setup and no upgrading needed after you have everything in place, on insane you need all towers at rank2 (rank0 being non-upgraded) to last ogres if you dont have a char to assist towers in killing them.

Edit: Also, AWESOME job OP! So nice to see someone really taking time and contributing something this awesome to the community. Ive read the thread and am dying to try your setups on nm rampart/endless spire, ive only gotten to wave 7/8 on rampart so far, then ogre ruins my fun :

Great guide. Your patience and charity in tackling NM and sharing your strategies relieves a lot of my frustrations. Completed NM Alch Labs with various tower builds revolving around this layout and NM ramparts after watching your video.

Thanks, subscribed and rated 5^

Once again, thanks for this thread. I've gotten through 2 waves of NM Spires and am starting to collect a little loot for later (my app is only 71 atm). I think it's great, btw, that you're doing the videos with nothing but your weapon and genie. Maybe the folks who continued to argue with me about my path of getting into higher tier content because of buying gear should have a peek at those vids.

Great guide. Your patience and charity in tackling NM and sharing your strategies relieves a lot of my frustrations. Completed NM Alch Labs with various tower builds revolving around this layout and NM ramparts after watching your video.

Thanks, subscribed and rated 5^

Any issues with Ogres walking past your Blockades on that Alch. Labs build? I tried something similar, but often had one ogre come steamrolling through my towers and crystals on the last wave?

Like this http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=5906

But im not "naked" i have 650 tower attack. And towers were upgraded to only 2 levels. Rest is kitting the ogres like a boss :D

Alright, I didnt get your setup to work, but I enhanced it a bit to work with my lower tower stats (300/400/200/200, although you should be able to do this with lower, and a better monk too as mine sucks and is completely unequipped).
Here is my setup: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=6009
The notes thing has the strategy, it took me a while to figure out the right strategy and setup from yours, but mine is pretty great. I dont know how you handled wyverns on your southern crystals coming from behind but I had to finish the last few myself on the last wave.

It took me hours on hours, but I finally beat endless spires on nightmare! Also, my setup is very death friendly, as in you will rarely die if you take the right precautions, so I can't wait for hardcore nightmare with this!

Alright, I didnt get your setup to work, but I enhanced it a bit to work with my lower tower stats (300/400/200/200, although you should be able to do this with lower, and a better monk too as mine sucks and is completely unequipped).
Here is my setup: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=6009
The notes thing has the strategy, it took me a while to figure out the right strategy and setup from yours, but mine is pretty great. I dont know how you handled wyverns on your southern crystals coming from behind but I had to finish the last few myself on the last wave.

It took me hours on hours, but I finally beat endless spires on nightmare! Also, my setup is very death friendly, as in you will rarely die if you take the right precautions, so I can't wait for hardcore nightmare with this!

Thanks so much for sharing this, tried it out after a few different set-ups and it worked like a charm on the first try, even smoother afterwards. I wound up using my DPS Huntress with a Genie to load up max mana on Wave 1, built the rest of the defenses and swapped in my 5-Tower Apprentice Guardian for the rest of the map. Camped the southern crystals and shot down Wyverns, jumped to the north Crystal for ogres.

Definitely getting some quality pieces of armor out of this, potential for some good 100^ weapons too.

Any issues with Ogres walking past your Blockades on that Alch. Labs build? I tried something similar, but often had one ogre come steamrolling through my towers and crystals on the last wave?

Ogres aren't a problem, but the occasional kamikaze kobold will make it through the small side gaps or the stair-rail on the eastern chokes.

Doctor yeh the wyverns coming from the back on last wave they don't attack the towers (dont know why lol) but once they infront of them BOOM dead....can touch crystal a little but not soo much.

Im going try ur's because the slow down there could be a great help :) but instead 2 Tesla towers i put only one and drop a Electric Aura and put another barrier in front instead of 2 barriers i prefer 3 in there :)

Doctor yeh the wyverns coming from the back on last wave they don't attack the towers (dont know why lol) but once they infront of them BOOM dead....can touch crystal a little but not soo much.

Im going try ur's because the slow down there could be a great help :) but instead 2 Tesla towers i put only one and drop a Electric Aura and put another barrier in front instead of 2 barriers i prefer 3 in there :)

I'm successful so far with this build. Refer to notes for details. I'd submit a video but I don't have full FRAPS. This build is a bit more advanced, requiring large auras and high MBlock life, but it can lead to a somewhat easier win especially if you have an App/Hunt guardian.

Are you guys able to complete the final wave on endless spires?

I can easily do up to 8/8 but cannot for the life of me defeat the final wave - It's not essential that I can carry on but it would be nice to complete it.

Here is the layout I am using http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=6072

With App stats: 250/500/400/530

Any advice will be very welcome - note: I also have an aura monk if it helps

UMF2 video is live!

@Feng, I'll try to finish it, and tell you my experience about it.

Trying your UMF setup and cannot seem to pull it off, even with better stats on both App and Monk.

Maybe some more practice is in order.

UMF2 video is live!

@Feng, I'll try to finish it, and tell you my experience about it.

Hi, first thanks for your effort to help out the community. Second, I hope this won't lead to more nerfs by Trendy.

I'm having problems playing your NM UMF2.0 Youtube video... it stops at about 1:30 mark and will not play any further. Is anyone else having this problem?? Thanks.

Update: It video plays fine on my phone... just not my iMac.. Thanks again.

Managed to get your method to work a number of times now. Very very tight on time with the build phase though, not to mention the utter rage when you get KO'd by an ogre ball from a mile off without even seeing it.

Managed to get your method to work a number of times now. Very very tight on time with the build phase though, not to mention the utter rage when you get KO'd by an ogre ball from a mile off without even seeing it.

O yeah, that I hate also.

I'm having problems playing your NM UMF2.0 Youtube video... it stops at about 1:30 mark and will not play any further. Is anyone else having this problem??

Yeah. For me, though, it freezes at around 4 seconds and refuses to go any further. Probably an issue on my end. I'll try again after a reboot.