Loot progress path for dummies

Well my adapt tower stats are,
307 / 607 / 327 / 478

My monk's tower stats are,

371 / 566 / 322 / 280

Is that good enough to do Misty?
I haven't really upgraded any of my monk's gear heh.

Not good enough, in my opinion you need at least 1k tower damage and 500 tower health for misty. The same pretty much goes for your monk too.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did up to wave 10 hc easily on my first hc try with app stats 456/667/419/539 and monk stats 401/331/418/213. And I haven't tried the new tower strat that was posted here that's supposed to be really efficient. So imo those stats are good enough to start grinding misty.

Not good enough, in my opinion you need at least 1k tower damage and 500 tower health for misty. The same pretty much goes for your monk too.

LOL no way, I had stats almost identically similar to the post you've quoted when I first tried.

Just then got to wave 12 (trivially) with:

Apprentice (used in combat): 266/466/315/275 600/747/397/310
Monk (only auras): 600/747/397/310

With a decent 133^ upgraded weapon and a upgraded App Guard

My next aim is to get a Hunter or Squire for playing as during HC, but not sure at the moment if it's worth the -25% stats.

The loot bonuses for playing HC are very worth the loss of damage on your towers, as long as you can still manage it.

I am using a 125K hp 77% resist squire for hardcore games, so I can survive for very long time, without wasting mana on healing.

How are you managing with not wasting mana on healing? I've got a countess, admittedly only around 60k hp currently, and have around 61-65% to all resists, and I find myself having 4k mana cost healing. Or do you only repair with this squire? Just kind of curious on your tactics with it.

The loot bonuses for playing HC are very worth the loss of damage on your towers, as long as you can still manage it.

Sorry, that wasn't clear - I'm doing HC, but wondering if it might be better to be playing a Squire. The loot is indeed, absolutely bloody amazing. :D

Now to get that spider down so I can do survival....

How are you managing with not wasting mana on healing? I've got a countess, admittedly only around 60k hp currently, and have around 61-65% to all resists, and I find myself having 4k mana cost healing. Or do you only repair with this squire? Just kind of curious on your tactics with it.

Well, I play it as a repair/booster guy. That 125K hp helps me to avoid sudden deaths (like DEW jumping on you).
I don't go out and fight, maximum I do is collect mana, or knock stuck mobs around.
The 125K hp allows me to stay in the heat of battle longer (like 4 ogre hitting your wall). When I have the time, and mana, I try to fill it up slowly.

Ah hah, okay, that makes a bit more sense to me then. :)

I got a really awesome Demon Sword over the weekend that I've been slowly feeding the souls of my fallen foes. It's gotten to the point that even in NM MM Alchemy Survival, that so long as I don't get webbed, I can turn Call-to-Arms and go crowd-surfing. Outside of the strength drain auras, I can take out anything except a DEW with ease, and will usually net more mana than I expend.

Only problems I've found are when I get desync'd from the host, and the Kobolds appear to be unlit... when they have lit their explosives already. And then trying to take on a DEW outside of auras will usually net a large heal bill than they drop. :p Still, with the strats my group was rolling over the weekend, having this countess go crowd surfing when the magi pile up and start clogging things, makes the waves go significantly faster and easier.

We just recently unlocked Mistymire Survival last night, and will likely be working on strats for that soon.

Well, my other problem is I recently switched to my squire (because of the 4 times more hp than ranger), and don't have a good sword yet.
Got a bit frustrated over getting 2 shotted by a DeW or several ogres smashing my walls.
Just by moving gear from ranger to squire, my life got much easier. Also, with 125K hp, I have time to collect mana instead of snipe for it with a genie. On later levels I can switch genie for a guardian, so things die faster.

No, I hear you. My countess was my least geared level 74 I had prior to joining up with people over the weekend.

At first, we had two apprentices, and one huntress. One of the apprentices would hide on the alchemical equipment in the lab, and I was the other one. My gear, at the time, was the best I had but it was more of a hybrid setup, kept resists max'd and had a couple pieces missing hero health or one of the tower stats, but since I wasn't the one building that wasn't really helping out and definitely noticed the DEWs just facerolling me.

I forget if it was me asking about okay to switch to my countess to get a sword, or if they asked if I had something with more survivability as at the time we just needed repairs more. So I brought my somewhat undergeared (aka deeper well maybe endless spires non-hardcore mythical) with a UMF1 katana countess out. I forget what wave it was, but we found a 201 upgrades hero dps Demon Sword. I grabbed that, and started filling in some more hero stat'd gear, and started to be able to go crowd surfing with the Demon Sword at 68 upgrades or so. Granted, at the time it was only with Call-to-arms up, and sometimes the healing bills weren't quite worth it. I've now got that same Demon Sword to 138 upgrades I think last I checked, it's got around 14k-15k damage on it. So long as it's not a DEW or Spider surge going on, I can go crowd surfing without CTA okay, and with CTA up I can one-shot most enemies on the 3rd strike, some with and some without the double strike on it.

I gotta say, that this experience reminds me of how I first got into UMF1 when it was first released. "Omg, this is unpossible!" then to "Huh, with a little work I can do this.. and get a little loot" and finally to "Muahahaha, fear me!" Sword cleaving action >.>; I had a lot of fun seeing this countess become a wrecking machine in Nightmare. :D

I made it to boss in Misty using this excellent setup: http://html5.cubicleninja.com/cubicleninja/html5/dd/index.htm?layout=7524

Couldn't even dent the boss even though a lot of my towers were aimed so that they could hit her. Also I sold my aa and built towers around her spawn point. I think she lost less than 1 million hp :( If only there was a way to do a setup starting from the boss wave and not have to do all the waves up to her. It's so time consuming trying different strategies.

This is not true. Ive been running it for a while and im still not at those stats. I was running with around 600 damage and 300 health. You can certainly do the first few waves for great loot. An apprentice guardian helps a lot though even if only in the 20 boost range

i just tried doing nightmare hardcore mistymire first few level no problem but wasn't finding the loot to be all that great compared to endless spires or i was just truly unlucky 2 times in a row best i got was 155 upgrade staff (had a 140 from spires)

It's the last 2-3 waves that really can shine. Not that I've been particular lucky with it.

I"m still working on my tower placement for Misty. I keep getting smashed on wave 8 because my towers aren't doing enough DPS to ogres. With multiple ogres at different chokes, I can't get around to them quickly enough to save my defenses.

Are you guys using genie for upgrade mana in the early waves or guardians for DPS boosting?

I'm currently level 72 adept. My tower stats are 61 hp, 170 damage, 77 range, 117 speed. However, I get overwelmed on wave 3 of glitterhelm insane every time and the items I'm finding from the first 3 rounds of it aren't any better than what I have. However, I can't even get close to doing map #3. Will I eventually find better stuff on those first 2-3 waves of glitterhelm insane or is there something else I should be doing?

Also, sorry if this is a dumb question but what's the genie? I'm guessing a pet, where can I find one?

And would it be faster for me to grind the entire glitterhelm on hard or do the first 2.5 waves of insane glitterhelm to level up?

The genie is a pet that gives you mana when you deal damage with your hero. It can make whatever hero you're using an upgrade machine. You can watch your shop for one or get one from finishing wave 14 of Hall of Court survival or pure strategy.

As for XP, I'm not sure if it's better xp to grind out 74 on hard glitter or just do the first couple waves of insane.

The genie is a pet that gives you mana when you deal damage with your hero. It can make whatever hero you're using an upgrade machine. You can watch your shop for one or get one from finishing wave 14 of Hall of Court survival or pure strategy.

As for XP, I'm not sure if it's better xp to grind out 74 on hard glitter or just do the first couple waves of insane.

Thanks, for hall of court, can it be any difficulty and can I just start it at wave 14?

Asking for a friend:

Has anyone started Misty survival NM MM/HC?

Anyone care to offer a map? They seem to be stuck at 14~ at the moment.

Hmm. Any ideas when an item is good enough to pump alot of mana into it? Got myself quite some good pieces from your Endless Spires Nightmare HC runs (get to wave 8/8 all the time, just can't beat it) but I don't know if the items I get there are good enough to spend all my money on.

Things I'm wearing now are items like 60 to all towers and 100 to towerdamage in example, with upgrade levels 60 to even 100.
After some time I farmed myself to the soft mana cap (200mil) and since I'm not really doing high endgame maps the chance that someone will buy my items isn't that great, seeing that you can do ES NM HC while almost naked :P

So what do you think, spend 200mil mana on my gear or should I wait and spend the mana on my weapon (350k dps)?

Thanks ;)

Hmm. Any ideas when an item is good enough to pump alot of mana into it? Got myself quite some good pieces from your Endless Spires Nightmare HC runs (get to wave 8/8 all the time, just can't beat it) but I don't know if the items I get there are good enough to spend all my money on.

Things I'm wearing now are items like 60 to all towers and 100 to towerdamage in example, with upgrade levels 60 to even 100.
After some time I farmed myself to the soft mana cap (200mil) and since I'm not really doing high endgame maps the chance that someone will buy my items isn't that great, seeing that you can do ES NM HC while almost naked :P

So what do you think, spend 200mil mana on my gear or should I wait and spend the mana on my weapon (350k dps)?

Thanks ;)

Spend <80m on a 200^~ wep from player shops, same goes with other gear.

Unfortunately, it's much more efficient to just buy gear than to farm it yourself.

Thanks, for hall of court, can it be any difficulty and can I just start it at wave 14?

I don't know about easy, but any difficulty medium or above will award the genie. It is, I think, possible to start on wave 14 (never tried starting on anything but 1, personally) but I'm not sure it's advisable. Given a wave of a few thousand enemies and limited mana for building I'm not so sure you'd stand much of a chance of finishing the wave.

When you do get your genie, though, put all upgrades into the genie's attack stat. This, along with your own damage output, is what determines how much mana he gives you.

mistymire hc seems good but how do people stop from dieing i mean one random hit from anything and i am dead.
should I create a dps huntress with lots of survivability? the main reason i need to stay alive is to buff my towers with my apprentice guardian they can't survive 2 ogres without.

mistymire hc seems good but how do people stop from dieing i mean one random hit from anything and i am dead.
should I create a dps huntress with lots of survivability? the main reason i need to stay alive is to buff my towers with my apprentice guardian they can't survive 2 ogres without.

Yes, a survival hero is what I use. Way too easy to die with a tower char :|