Loot progress path for dummies

Alright, I am confirming that this tactic works.
Also, on hardcore mode the loot can get quite good.
And I mean weapons over 200+^ with very good stats.
I will make a video, but I'll have to improve my editing skills, because 50 minutes video isn't the best :)

Which map are you talking about and which tactic?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you stay on your app, or switch to dps character?

I stay on the app. TBH I don't think any hero I bring out for DPS will make up for the 30% dps loss on the towers. It pays to be alive and standing near the towers with an App guardian.

I'm glad everyone loves this strat. Now you can all be plagued by the drops being everything amazing but what you need (tower pristine chest and helm for me, I've literally found several items I could sell for hundreds of millions, but not one is a pristine).

Now only if the boss wasn't completely impossible. Her resistances are just too high for any strat to work. It seems to be a "bring a dps to kite her or lose" fight. Maybe if the spiders she spawns died fast enough she would stay collapsed, but I don't know how that would be possible either.

If anyone is interested in it, you can get a Mythical Ogre Party Hat for your aura monks extremely easily. This build is not mine (saw it on youtube) but it works a treat for Nightmare Ogre Crush.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=7678

Don't need to do any upgrades, just stay on app for builder bonus and use huntress guardian.

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ0leK7zH1s

If they aren't fire immune they are half dead before they hit the wall. If they are they die quickly anyway. The spacing is very important so towers don't take damage when walls are attacked.

Sorry I don't have a video. I've never been good at making those things. Somehow I always mess something up when I try to record it. I'm glad this is working so well for everyone. I anticipate that there will be better mythics for sale soon. I seem to find every kind of gear but what I actually use.

That hasn't been my experience with the fireball towers... Yet at least. Might be I don't have the right placement of towers, though it's very close.

I concur, that strat is awesome. I am still trying to get the exact right placement down where the ogres just walk into the walls instead of bashing everything up, but it's doing exceedingly well.

Side note: 3.6-4m HP ogres solo on nightmare is just ludicrous.

Even if they don't glitch and attack right away, you should be fine. On wave 12 I had all 4 ogres spawn at the same chokepoint and my walls got to 70% and none of them bugged. The solution is to just have a good app guardian or hunt guardian and stand there. I usually can kill 4-5m HP ogres right as they get to the wall, so no dmg is done unless 2+ spawn, and even then the AOE handles the other(s) usually.

The last run I did of misty last night, the last 2 waves I didn't even need to repair. I upgrade every wall twice, and upgrade every tower 3 times.. then just move places that have ogres still so my guardian can do it's work.

Christ, I tried this numerous times, although it works, it's incredibly tight for time. To the extent it makes playing the game stressful.

Do you have any alternative builds that may leave some breathing room? I don't even have time to check chests at the moment and barely surviving spiders and ninjas on nm ramparts. My gear is also above what you had at the time.

Christ, I tried this numerous times, although it works, it's incredibly tight for time. To the extent it makes playing the game stressful.

Do you have any alternative builds that may leave some breathing room? I don't even have time to check chests at the moment and barely surviving spiders and ninjas on nm ramparts. My gear is also above what you had at the time.

Have you tried the Spires build yet? I've found that one to be extremely easy to get your foot in the door of Nightmare with. It's taken me many final wave failures to get to where I can beat it (and I still fail if I make a small slip up or ogre pathing gets wonky), but it'll get you in the area of 140^ weapons and 50-70^ armors (I've found 90 and 100^ armors, but only extremely rarely).

I wouldn't touch ramparts. Endless Spire is much easier, the videos is on the first page. Follow his build exactly and you should be fine for 2-3 waves. Keep doing that until you get enough get to beat it without much hassel, it may take awhile. After that, it seems like soloing misty is the best option but you won't have much chance until you can easily do endless. four 5m HP ogres in 3 or 4 different waves, at the same time.

Checking for chests is always going to be tight on nightmare until you figure out a looting path and follow it every time. Even after doing maps for the 100th time, it's not uncommon for me to not be done upgrading/building by the time the next wave starts.

My biggest advice, if your still opening the menu to do ANYTHING but sell towers then you need to stop. You NEED to use 1-0 keys and get use to them. Nightmare is too fast paced and unforgiving to waste 1-2 seconds with every action by using the menu.

For the Boss on final wave, as you get 100-200 into final wave the wyerm will not spawn anymore. Sale all those wyerm towers. You want to fight the boss at where the Forge is at. Place 1 Shield at the Forge as bait. Have as many tower as you can on the high ground around the forge pointing into the Forge. That kept the boss attacking that one shield while the towers attacks her and her lil spiders. All you have to do is repair that shield and kept it boost w/ App and huntress guardian, the other task is to keep any spiders off of those tower. If you can spare have 1 person on repair duty and orge duty, prefer someone w/ a app guardian so they can just stand repair while the app guardian goes to work on the orge.

Have you tried the Spires build yet? I've found that one to be extremely easy to get your foot in the door of Nightmare with. It's taken me many final wave failures to get to where I can beat it (and I still fail if I make a small slip up or ogre pathing gets wonky), but it'll get you in the area of 140^ weapons and 50-70^ armors (I've found 90 and 100^ armors, but only extremely rarely).

I think I got to 7/8 with the spires build, but again, no time to loot chests. At the moment, I realised most of the chests on the first two waves aren't even upgrades so I simply choose to skip them. Getting mana for it though is incredibly annoying.

The ninja's also 2 shot me somehow, I have 11k health (my resists are prob bad though). Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't touch ramparts. Endless Spire is much easier, the videos is on the first page. Follow his build exactly and you should be fine for 2-3 waves. Keep doing that until you get enough get to beat it without much hassel, it may take awhile. After that, it seems like soloing misty is the best option but you won't have much chance until you can easily do endless. four 5m HP ogres in 3 or 4 different waves, at the same time.

Checking for chests is always going to be tight on nightmare until you figure out a looting path and follow it every time. Even after doing maps for the 100th time, it's not uncommon for me to not be done upgrading/building by the time the next wave starts.

My biggest advice, if your still opening the menu to do ANYTHING but sell towers then you need to stop. You NEED to use 1-0 keys and get use to them. Nightmare is too fast paced and unforgiving to waste 1-2 seconds with every action by using the menu.

I'm only using middle mouse for selling. It's a little bit annoying how when I choose upgrade tower, it snaps my mouse to a nearby tower instead of where my mouse is. I still need to get used to the walking path though. My app has +92 speed IIRC. Thanks for the input.

Even if they don't glitch and attack right away, you should be fine. On wave 12 I had all 4 ogres spawn at the same chokepoint and my walls got to 70% and none of them bugged. The solution is to just have a good app guardian or hunt guardian and stand there. I usually can kill 4-5m HP ogres right as they get to the wall, so no dmg is done unless 2+ spawn, and even then the AOE handles the other(s) usually.

The last run I did of misty last night, the last 2 waves I didn't even need to repair. I upgrade every wall twice, and upgrade every tower 3 times.. then just move places that have ogres still so my guardian can do it's work.

That is not my experience at all with the setup I have... what kind of stats do you have to handle that so easily?

Is it a problem if I can't get all the towers and auras down by Wave 1? I usually can't make the time limit and have
to keep setting up towers once Wave 1 started.

Is it a problem if I can't get all the towers and auras down by Wave 1? I usually can't make the time limit and have

I've yet to finish building befor wave two is all but over, personally

That is not my experience at all with the setup I have... what kind of stats do you have to handle that so easily?

You using the setup that was linked earlier? I tweaked mine.. I only use 2 magic missile on the stairs for spiders, the rest are 4x fire and 1 lighting at each chokepoint with the exception of one chokepoint only having 3 fire, so I can place a deadly striker for wyverns near the back crystal. Right now I have 600/1300/600/600 or so.. which is higher than misty hc campaign needs by a lot. If you are having to manually deal with spiders in any way the setup is wrong. I completely ignore spiders, and everything, and just repair/upgrade/move to chokepoints where there are ogres. You do have a good guardian right? You can destroy ogres incredibly fast with one.. without one it would definitely be much harder.

When I started doing misty I was at 500/1000/500/500 or so, which is roughly that stats you should have from close to the best gear from endless spire hardcore. I'm not sure I would recommend going there with much lower stats than that, but it's doable depending on your skill level. Plus you could just grind the first few waves of misty if you can't complete it, soon or later the upgrades will come. At the old stats, I took 2 tries to beat it. First failure was only because a kobold somehow managed to glitch and one shot me, then a lighting immune wyvern somehow snuck past my towers. I've done it a good 20 times since, and haven't lost again.

I'm making nearly 200-300m a run just by setting up an AFK store and selling the 50^ or more armor, and 150^ weapons. My biggest tip is to talk to all of the guys that give you mana after each wave, and before the first wave. They give a ton of mana and I believe there are 4 of them. This will give you quite a bit more mana for upgrading. By wave 10-11 you should have all towers upgraded 3 times, and all walls upgraded twice. Don't worry about upgrading the deadly striker, or the 2 spider magic missile towers on the stairs.

You need more character speed (I believe 100 is the cap still?), or you need to start using hotkeys and going faster. Your character could be lacking casting speed too.. You want that at 120+, 99% of the time gear will do this for you and then some. I've always spent all starting mana well before the timer on the first wave, and always have max DU spent by the time the 2nd wave comes. Then it's just upgrading/repairing from there on out. This should be possible on every map. If your speed/casting isn't low, then you need to practice at being faster. Going into the menu instead of pressing 1-0 is insanely going to hurt you, and is going to make some maps much harder to deal with if you play solo. You need to get to the point where you are pressing hotkeys and building very fast without thinking/error, which takes practice on every map.

Hello,
a friend and me tried Map #3 several times. Somehow it doesn't work out for us. Is it maybe because we are doing it with 2 heroes instead of doing it solo?

Nice job ceemeeir though i have one question, why did you use the ginie instead of app guardian? app guardian makes it much easier or do you use it until later waves?

Nice job ceemeeir though i have one question, why did you use the ginie instead of app guardian? app guardian makes it much easier or do you use it until later waves?

I don't have a good one y_y.

Hello,
a friend and me tried Map #3 several times. Somehow it doesn't work out for us. Is it maybe because we are doing it with 2 heroes instead of doing it solo?

Solo has less mobs (and maybe weaker i'm not really sure), so that first wave is going to be hard, with 2 undergeared people your making it even harder. For example, I was playing with a friend and even though he was about 20% better geared than me.. we could do hardcore misty no matter how we tried. Died everytime on Wave 10. I tried it solo, easily beat it. I'm not sure why this is.. mobs just seem to die faster when solo, and there's definitely less each wave.

You have no idea how long I spent dying to Wave 1 when first entering nightmare. I probably died a good 50-100 times before I beat ONE wave, mainly because I was attempting ramparts. I highly suggest just doing Endless Spires, and ONLY Endless Spires. The first and second wave are easy to beat, just follow the video in the guide. You won't be able to actually beat the map until you farm the first 3-4 waves many many many times unless you get lucky with loot.

You dont need a good one, I tried just to see how well the strategy work. The armor i use wasnt great like 600/700/400/500 for app and 700/700/450/300 for monk also use some random app guardian the was in the shop with 16 tower boost. I upgraded the app guardian so it had 20 tower boost, than did it and really didnt have to do anything but fix here and there and move around a bit. Spider queen can screw you up still though, did it with my friends as well and the strategy works even better as long as we all have app guardian, towers are doing several times their damage and we were able to beat it even quicker though this time we use better gear.

You dont need a good one, I tried just to see how well the strategy work. The armor i use wasnt great like 600/700/400/500 for app and 700/700/450/300 for monk also use some random app guardian the was in the shop with 16 tower boost. I upgraded the app guardian so it had 20 tower boost, than did it and really didnt have to do anything but fix here and there and move around a bit. Spider queen can screw you up still though, did it with my friends and the strategy works even better as long as we all have app guardian, towers are doing several times their damage and we were able to beat it even quicker though this time we use better gear.

Yeah, well, this just proves how good Mirradin's tactic is.
Can be done even without a guardian :)

Yeah, well, this just proves how good Mirradin's tactic is.
Can be done even without a guardian :)

Yeah its a good one before we would use traps with auras, walls and some towers along with the app guardians but you couldnt do it alone since traps are hard to keep up. With towers you dont have the problem as long as they dont get hit.

Yeah its a good one before we would use traps with auras, walls and some towers along with the app guardians but you couldnt do it alone since traps are hard to keep up. With towers you dont have the problem as long as they dont get hit.

The key difference between his tactic and mine:
- Moved closer the choke points to the crystal resulting in less area to cover, and being able to handle spiders better
- Use of snare aura (it really makes a HUGE difference)

This is something similar to what I tried before:
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=7741