Nightmare too easy now?

So after todays patch I logged in and I can solo the first 2 waves of UMF 2.0 with only a caster...no switching to anything else, no standing anywhere special, no knocking anything off of anything etc. I can also solo Deeper Wells nightmare same way all 5 waves, and Got the end boss in Alchemy labs nightmare to 30% on the first try.

With it out 1 week we should not being clearing whole boards 5 waves and getting halfway though UMF2.0 already. And this is without switching to another class for anything which we all know makes things harder.

Didn't have time to test any other boards but I expect I will find a lot of the same. Nightmare should be something it takes us a month to even halfway beat with the best strategies.

Depends on your armor if you were able to get armor from umf 2.0 ofcourse things will be easier.

So after todays patch I logged in and I can solo the first 2 waves of UMF 2.0 with only a caster...no switching to anything else, no standing anywhere special, no knocking anything off of anything etc. I can also solo Deeper Wells nightmare same way all 5 waves, and Got the end boss in Alchemy labs nightmare to 30% on the first try.

With it out 1 week we should not being clearing whole boards 5 waves and getting halfway though UMF2.0 already. And this is without switching to another class for anything which we all know makes things harder.

Didn't have time to test any other boards but I expect I will find a lot of the same. Nightmare should be something it takes us a month to even halfway beat with the best strategies.

Those maps aren't hard (alch and DW).
I'm making a gear-up guide, and managed to get very far in those maps.
Started with naked chars, and 6th map I did was nightmare deepers well.

Umm why do you expect Deeper Wells and Alchemist's Lab to be impossible? If they were, then how the heck would anyone stand a chance in Glitterhelm, Halloween, or Summit?

You woke up today and can do UMF2.0 with just your caster? either you have the MAX bonuses or you cheated, because right now its impossible, good day sir.

Don't say its too easy. The casual lynch mob will come after you.

Even with 100^ challenge weapons now, they will still cry and moan that its too hard to get anything good. Takes too much time to do anything.

They will start crying within 1 week of a beta patch or any patch for that matter; patches that explores new difficulty and how life sucks.

Next patch 7.14z

* Items are now free, no upgrade costs, boss HP reduced to 1. All monsters run away from casuals. All casuals given infinite money and top tier items by having their presence next to the training dummy.

* New mode Insanity Nightmare Casual

/thread

What sort of stats and equipment do you have that let you solo UMF 2.0's first 2 waves?

He would have to have atleast 1500 in tower attack or hero damage, and certainly not solo

lol yeh the casual lynch mob, lets segregate ourself into the elite mob here o.O

Seriously if the games to easy you should take your armor off and use lvl 40 items

OP Is a troll IMO. Got 90% resist all now after the patch, even with 100 ups on all armor and a 180^ weapon umf has 1 shotting ogres wave 1 and 2shotting ninjas wave 3. Though they are nerfing the damage output by quite a bit so I'm guessing it wont be that way for long. Poor trendy, I feel for them struggling to try to find a good interim for nightmare. If only any of them had time to play their own game they might not have to let us be the testers. I think they want to make it so we die in 4-5 hits from anything and the skill in nightmare umf is kiting stuff around, not my style of play for a tower defender so I'll let everyone else enjoy it - Looking forward to nightmare campaign though once this patch rolls out thats for sure.

Edit - Get ready for the next patches too. It might not be this one or next one but when they do make it beatable its going to be over easy again I'd be willing to bet!

Don't say its too easy. The casual lynch mob will come after you.

Even with 100^ challenge weapons now, they will still cry and moan that its too hard to get anything good. Takes too much time to do anything.

They will start crying within 1 week of a beta patch or any patch for that matter; patches that explores new difficulty and how life sucks.

Next patch 7.14z

* Items are now free, no upgrade costs, boss HP reduced to 1. All monsters run away from casuals. All casuals given infinite money and top tier items by having their presence next to the training dummy.

* New mode Insanity Nightmare Casual

/thread

u mad.

lol yeh the casual lynch mob, lets segregate ourself into the elite mob here o.O

Seriously if the games to easy you should take your armor off and use lvl 40 items

It is easy, I don't have any mystic gear, rather old gear even. I don't even have a level 74 for that matter.

I'm elite by not even playing. When I do, I have my own fun with friends.

And I will be elite if I decide to jump back in to beat the challenges/nightmare which I will eventually.

But for now thanks for the complement. :)

I was too elite for Insane UMF as well, beat it with some minor setbacks using 40's item, but no problem.

Sold tons of 50-70^ items to newbies for 500-1m a piece. Easy.

/win

Those maps aren't hard (alch and DW).
I'm making a gear-up guide, and managed to get very far in those maps.
Started with naked chars, and 6th map I did was nightmare deepers well.

What? I'd like to see that gear up guide. Given that you only work with the mana you made from those 6 maps I seriously doubt this.

I've put in > 180h of playtime, with a builder and dps of each class and right now I'm only starting to settle in the 300s statwise just because a lack of mana is the issue.

The highest mana I've ever had in one place was the 20 million from holiday lol.
And that was gone after upgrading all the armor on one of my toons halfway.

What? I'd like to see that gear up guide. Given that you only work with the mana you made from those 6 maps I seriously doubt this.

I've put in > 180h of playtime, with a builder and dps of each class and right now I'm only starting to settle in the 300s statwise just because a lack of mana is the issue.

The highest mana I've ever had in one place was the 20 million from holiday lol.
And that was gone after upgrading all the armor on one of my toons halfway.

Adept: 0/39/27/64 54/80 127/200/81/174 39/40/31/34, but a staff that does 2.2K damage with each bolt.
Initiate: 29/12/15/12 24/16 100/179/135/36 15/37/19/24

medium Pure Strategy genie.
Mana spent on upgrade up to this point: 1.1m

Anyone notice the towers got like a 20% ninja nerf or is it a bug? my ST towers were doing about 46k they been nerfted to 36k and is the same for all my towers after the patch. nothing has change if anything they should be stronger than before with the mythical armor set bonus change to 30% from the 25% so whats up?

why does everyone think anyone who accomplishes anything they didn't is a troll?

OP is correct, i roll through the first two waves of UMF2 on nightmare. problem is 90% of the time mobs glitch and keep me from being able to proceed. i do this with a few auras/traps and running my squire.

although i can no longer say my squire has average gear since it hit 74 and threw on all the mythicals ive gotten from UMF2. made nightmare even easier than it was, granted it is still hard to go beyond the first few waves alone. ogres now take 5+ hits to kill me, which is definitely nice

fun fact, i saw an orc climb the tree on UMF2 by spawn. he wouldn't come down :(

why does everyone think anyone who accomplishes anything they didn't is a troll?

OP is correct, i roll through the first two waves of UMF2 on nightmare. problem is 90% of the time mobs glitch and keep me from being able to proceed. i do this with a few auras/traps and running my squire.

although i can no longer say my squire has average gear since it hit 74 and threw on all the mythicals ive gotten from UMF2. made nightmare even easier than it was, granted it is still hard to go beyond the first few waves alone.

fun fact, i saw an orc climb the tree on UMF2 by spawn. he wouldn't come down :(

How do you handle the ogres? Am I correct in assuming you don't rely on hero dps to kill them, but instead them falling/pushing them off ledges?

I had a lot of fun on UMF2 with the jousting trick, but I also can't imagine going through the whole round without dying once. Any strat tips would be helpful and appreciated.

way to easy now, gonna quit the game until i find a challenge worth my salt

Imo, ogres need to carry super large guns that shoots out in 360 that hits everything.

Maybe have them wear mythic gear as well. I'm sure they're tired of being killed by QQers.

Maybe give them wings!

You know, I just happen to have more spare time than most (in between college terms and such, and even in college i still have quite a bit of spare time.) But hardcore or not, anything that takes longer than an hour-ish is just too long. I get kind of bored just mindlessly killing monsters which is why I absolutely loathe things like survival.

UMF I can tolerate to an extent and in small amounts, but in the end, I appreciate they are trying to increase the challenge, but I am not complaining about it being too hard/easy/etc, but more about the fact I eventually get bored if it takes too long. >.>

Amusing how I can enjoy hours of skyrim (probably due to the fact that it's more exiting to be all sneaky and things suprise you from time to time) but I want to enjoy DD. I want to have fun with my friends, but from what I am hearing, i am being forced to play with others, and not just with my boyfriend, or with myself. I was quite satisfied that I could solo or duo anything. Many have stated it just isn't possible with nightmare, which has caused me to lose interest a little. :/ But then again, this is all the ramblings of someone who hasn't even been able to play.

(Oh by the way, I haven't experienced anything post-AFKShop-wipe due to waiting for my rollback, only reason I don't cancel it is hearing that some have already received theirs.) My complaints come from the fact that althought UMF 1.0 was very fun at first, eventually it became tiringly boring. :/ I was one of the many people who wished the abolishment of Surivval being the sole way of obtaining good loot, and therefore UMF was born and I was accepting of that. Having played the new UMF map I can honestly say I heavily dislike it. I hate the layout of it, but that has more to do with that I have little room to move about. Numerous times during my first couple attempts was I just thrown off the edge... Lets just end it here, i don't feel like rambling/ranting any longer...

~Lathy

It is easy, I don't have any mystic gear, rather old gear even. I don't even have a level 74 for that matter.

I'm elite by not even playing. When I do, I have my own fun with friends.

And I will be elite if I decide to jump back in to beat the challenges/nightmare which I will eventually.

But for now thanks for the complement. :)

I was too elite for Insane UMF as well, beat it with some minor setbacks using 40's item, but no problem.

Sold tons of 50-70^ items to newbies for 500-1m a piece. Easy.

/win

lol /win as an ending to a post how ironic or moronic i cannot decide :)