A positive view on the recent patches

I understand why people are upset about the difficulty of Nightmare mode. It's fricken hard (if not impossible on most dungeons).

When TE first released UMF, there was really great gear dropping and it was VERY easy to get. It got fixed within a few hours, but some damage was already done.

This time we have another huge gear increase, but they made the new UMF map impossible to complete by any normal human being. I have enjoyed watching all of the inventive ways people have came up with to beat wave 1. And at least this time the market was not saturated with uber gear, which would have effectively obsoleted the game for all of us.

Could they have done better? Sure they could have. Obviously Nightmare mode was released as a beta test for all of us. Would you rather not have it while they try to work out all the bugs? If you answer yes to that question, you are lying. We all want it and we all want it to work. For now we have it, albeit slightly broken and I am fine with that because the devs are fixing it.

I give a great big kudos to the devs. Thanks for trying to keep the game challenging and fresh. And to the community, toughen up a little. You will be ok.

Its this hard so that hardcore players arent sat twiddling there thumbs with nothing challenging to do.
There are some players that are a large step ahead for the majority, and need something challenging as much as the casual players.

IMO, its not intended for casual players, its aimed at the people that complained like a plague on the forums due to having nothing challenging to do. generally, hardcore players.

I think they could of done better yes, theres always room for improvment. but in a strange way they have given alot fo what has been asked for, a challenge, and a challenge it is.

Some of the early content for DD was very esy and you could even skip big parts to get the best gear, eg. doing survivals on a map youve never even attempted the campaign on. it alllows for meaningfull progression.
Id rather it be too difficult, than be too easy, and any old tom **** or harry could get top gear too easily.

Its also good because it means people really need to think hard about builds and specs, making sure your properly geared for it, and giving ppl incentive to gear up there chars to cope with the difficulty.
People atm are expecting to farm UMF2 like the old UMF, and thats wrong, its end game content and should be amongst the hardest in the game.

To everyone saying we are beta testers...You might be right. But look at the Diablo 3 forums, everyone WANTS to be beta testers... I dont get this logic here... Ppl complain about being beta testers, and everyone wants to be beta testers xD.

We get the content earlier than we should get it, everyone needs to grow up imo.

I agree umf 2.0 should be end game and NM campaign is where we should be progressing through.

Problem is that its not rewarding. You are not getting upgrades there that will make the next campaign map doable. At the moment there is a lack of a red thread and we are mindlessly throwing ourself at the new umf for a lack of a better target.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Had a chance to try out NM Magus Quarters this morning, and I absolutely love the new repair times on defenses. Spending less than 2 seconds to fully repair a half-beaten Bouncer made the Nightmare experience more fun and less stressful. Loot quality is much better than before for early NM maps, some 50-60^ godly weapons and armor dropping with okay stats. I'm looking forward to playing more Nightmare maps now with this last batch of tweaking.

Though I think this thread's mostly dedicated toward Nightmare balancing, I want to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Winter Holiday event. A lot more fun and strategic than the Thanksgiving one for the most part. Looking forward to seeing some of the freak-of-nature weapon rewards that come out of Insane/Nightmare Holiday Extravaganza. The map and tavern decorations look great, new hero and monster outfits are awesome as usual, and the mana presents were a cool gesture. With all the criticism they get, it's also important to let them know what they did right. Thanks, Trendy.

The problem is that nightmare campaign does not drop good enough items to continue to complete it and continue on to UMF nightmare. Also it sounds like a lot the bosses have not have updated loot tables ( unless someone can confirm the newest patch add them).

Basically campaign should be dropping 90-170^ weapons towards the end. Umf2 should be insane should be 70-100^ weapons to help bridge the gap.

The problem is that nightmare campaign does not drop good enough items to continue to complete it and continue on to UMF nightmare. Also it sounds like a lot the bosses have not have updated loot tables ( unless someone can confirm the newest patch add them).

Basically campaign should be dropping 90-170^ weapons towards the end. Umf2 should be insane should be 70-100^ weapons to help bridge the gap.

Found a 113^ item in nm ramparts. So yes, progression works.

To everyone saying we are beta testers...You might be right. But look at the Diablo 3 forums, everyone WANTS to be beta testers... I dont get this logic here... Ppl complain about being beta testers, and everyone wants to be beta testers xD.

We get the content earlier than we should get it, everyone needs to grow up imo.

The thing is, beta is usually kept away from live, and it's usually clearly labeled. People who haven't been to the forums are getting into this 'beta' and it's confusing them. Plus, anything that comes from the beta contaminates the economy.

your logic is absolute filth

the diablo 3 beta is actually called a beta
we paid for a "full" game

stop

honestly just stop

full d3 game is coming out in january everyones gonna be playing that instead of this joke of a game

You guys would all like to wait until trendy fixes everything before we get new content? because we would be on the original game right now...

QQing about getting new patches isn't really progressive. Sure they make a lot of mistakes, but they work hard, getting patches at 1am is REALLY out of the ordinary.

You guys would all like to wait until trendy fixes everything before we get new content? because we would be on the original game right now...

QQing about getting new patches isn't really progressive. Sure they make a lot of mistakes, but they work hard, getting patches at 1am is REALLY out of the ordinary.

Yes, I would rather they release one patch every one or two weeks rather than 10 patches per week.

Believe it or not, the original game was actually Trendy's best work. Gear was balanced, all the challenges were worth playing, and joining random pub games was fun too. Ever since they introduced superloot and then nerfed it, and then introduced even better loot and then nerfed it, the game has progressed downhill. Trendy does not know how to test their patches (or should I say, they do not even try to) and they like to go gungho with nerfs and buffs, even when they call them "minor" or "slight".

No, what's really out of the ordinary is that they didn't test their patches and made sure traps still worked. It's why they hotfixed it. People have been berating them about their poor patch process for ages now (no test server and testers, hell i'll volunteer to test for them but they fail at this so massively that they take the prize surpassing even the architect who designed the death star). If you are going to take people's money for a service/game you damn better make sure it works.