So now what?!?!?!?!?!

So i have noticed that this game went from a causal to a way hardcore game. with the constant DLC and all the bugs that come with it.... how is the causal player going to play on nightmare?!?!?!? really.... i know i am not the only one out here .... so now what?? maybe just get mad cuz i spent money for the game and now it is no longer enjoy able to play cuz you have to be hardcore player with almost best gear to play unless you play old content

Nightmare is not where casual players should be. It is, by definition, for the hardcore players.

That said, let me add:

.... how is the haurdcore player going to play on nightmare?!?!?!? really....

I was looking for a reason to go to bed early...

Nightmare is not where casual players should be. It is, by definition, for the hardcore players.

That said, let me add:

yah but the **** you get from the insane wave aint that great anyways.. kind how the loot done scale with the difficulty
meaning we are doomed to play the same **** over and not get better

Maelonic I dont realy get you...

So pretty much you wish to be able to play on easy and obtain the best gear? Nobody is forcing you to play nightmare and not to mention.

Im able to farm alot of nightmare maps with insane gear. So I dont get what your *****ing about?

All old content and new can be beat with standard gears. This has not changed. The newer dlc might be hard but you get better gears so its quite possible up to insane for casuals... nightmare is meant as a challenge for only the most hardcore of dungeon defenders.

God forbid content be released as an OPTIONAL DLC for those who wish to go further. You didn't have to buy all 4 early to get sooner access to an incomplete mode designed to be a real challenge.

I think people should post whether they play solo or duo. This slicing the pie into hardcore vs. casual chunks isn't doing the problem justice. I suspect at this point we've got soloists playing a totally different game from people who play with one other buddy. It might even get easier once you stack a bunch of random people in a game, if they have appropriate gear and skills, but try to duo this content and you're in for an eye-opener for how poor the scaling is.

I earned all of my accomplishments in the game solo but I prefer to play with a buddy. Problem is when we play together we get stomped. He's fairly casual and I don't think he solos so I'm mainly just playing until he peters out, which might be soon but who knows.

after last nights nerf to nightmare no one should be complaining anymore about not being able to beat nightmare.

nightmare went from a challenging but achievable team oriented mode to the current state which i can solo with only slightly more difficulty than insane, and is a tarnish upon the name of all game modes named "nightmare" anywhere.

i have supported your decisions until this one trendy.

I have supported your decisions until this one trendy.

I haven't been able to play the new patch yet... I was actually excites to play Nightmare... now it seems like they are flip flopping on the difficulty and making it a ton easier =\

I haven't been able to play the new patch yet... I was actually excites to play Nightmare... now it seems like they are flip flopping on the difficulty and making it a ton easier =\

You've not played the patch but you see fit to comment on it in every thread with criticism...
De beste stuurlui staan aan wal zeker?

That said, let me add:

The only difference between insane and nightmare are stats. If you have enough attack, hp and so on, it'll be exactly identical to insane. It's a numbers game even with the percentage nerfs...it won't matter.

Making nightmare exclusive is moronic. Rewarding players that spend unhealthy amounts of time grinding the game. Last time I checked, they don't pay any more money than the other 90%. That also doesn't qualify them as smarter or better players. Just shows they don't have much of a life outside the game.

All players in this game, want to improve their characters. They want to grow and improve. When Trendy releases content and then puts a barricade on the door for 90% of the game population, that's extremely stupid and shortsighted.

It breeds a bunch of arrogant and pushy players that join games and tell everyone else to let them do all the work while they just dps because they have 1 million base stats in all stats.

after last nights nerf to nightmare no one should be complaining anymore about not being able to beat nightmare.

nightmare went from a challenging but achievable team oriented mode to the current state which i can solo with only slightly more difficulty than insane, and is a tarnish upon the name of all game modes named "nightmare" anywhere.

i have supported your decisions until this one trendy.

I want to see a Video of you beating nightmare mix mode on any map after wave 10 solo.
With a proof of your gear. Otherwise you are just trolling and sprouting nonsense.

Also to the post above, it is not about stats.

My buddy is just over 1k player attack stat with a 150+ up mage staff, doing 2.5 mil dps on the dummy. Still unable to kill the masses of ogres in time to not be over run. (also hes 1 shot from anything too, disregarding very good resists/hp)

Then look at my countess, 120k hp, 800k dps on the dummy (yes i know dummy is stupid but easier to compare) and is totally useless in any content since melee can be forgotten now. Even if I could survive more than 10 seconds with 100 spiders and dozen orges around 3 hitting me, Nowhere near enough dps to beat enemies in time.

Even if you double those numbers it would still be impossible to do the survivals or umf with legit gear.

There is no barricade, its a skyscraper high brick wall and after that is a solid titanium wall and you have a spoon to get trough there.

Yeah, right. I didn't knew that when I bought the DLC. "not for casual" was not written anywhere.

I'm just glad to have new modes that I can't blow through in one night. I can actually get online with my friends and think of creative solutions, like how it was during my first run through the game back in October.

I want to see a Video of you beating nightmare mix mode on any map after wave 10 solo.
With a proof of your gear. Otherwise you are just trolling and sprouting nonsense.

My buddy is just over 1k player attack stat with a 150+ up mage staff, doing 2.5 mil dps on the dummy. Still unable to kill the masses of ogres in time to not be over run. (also hes 1 shot from anything too, disregarding very good resists/hp)

Then look at my countess, 120k hp, 800k dps on the dummy (yes i know dummy is stupid but easier to compare) and is totally useless in any content since melee can be forgotten now. Even if I could survive more than 10 seconds with 100 spiders and dozen orges around 3 hitting me, Nowhere near enough dps to beat enemies in time.

Even if you double those numbers it would still be impossible to do the survivals or umf with legit gear.

There is no barricade, its a skyscraper high brick wall and after that is a solid titanium wall and you have a spoon to get trough there.

What I mean is that, its more about stats than strategy......Time/Grind/Stats > Strategy/Skill/Intelligence

I'm just glad to have new modes that I can't blow through in one night. I can actually get online with my friends and think of creative solutions, like how it was during my first run through the game back in October.

You think you're the only one that wants to have that feeling again? Wanting a challenging game where you can discuss strategies is one thing, it's another to make the preparation for that challenge too steep of a time investment that it takes all the fun out of it.

Exactly. When I loaded up Mistymire and it proceeded to rip my strategy apart on Easy, I was pretty happy. It meant there was a challenge again, and I could work on different strategies than the old maps had. I think my friend and I have managed to beat it on Medium. Pretty sure Hard mode ripped us up handily.

seems like i should have explained my statement in a bit more detail, i will clarify it now.

first i should not have said "beat nightmare" but rather have a reasonable attempt at beating it. i am not a "hardcore" player compared to people who have farmed umf and maxxed out their banks, and even prior to the update some maps i could not solo insane survival /mixed mode up to wave 15 (regardless i do not have the time to go past wave 15). but no matter what map i played on whatever difficulty or game mode, i could make a reasonable attempt at progress as a casual player with probably slightly above average gear.

the first day nightmare came out, i had zero chance at making solo progress on anything nightmare. when i teamed up with another person, it was still no cake walk but we made progress and even beat a few maps (campaign, not survival). compared to insane, progress was possible but far more difficult to obtain.

after the patch, progress is much easier in nightmare relative to prepatch. so while i might not be able to beat some things which i couldn't even beat before in insane, the comparable progress has been scaled way back, which is the basis of my conclusion that they made nightmare too easy with this update.

was it hard before? hell yea, but it wasn't a wall, it was a steep mountain. hard but doable. so while your friend may not be able to go past wave 10 in survival, is that what you really want? to be able to beat new content in less than a week? if in a month he still cannot make any progress, and everyone in the game just stalls at that level of play because it is so difficult, then i will reconsider my view.

Yes, it's hard... And that's coming from someone that plays it a lot.

Complaints that it's too hard this soon? We knew Nightmare was coming, did you prepare as best you could on insane mix mode and UMF? Do you have a good knowledge of the game mechanics/class mechanics?

There's a lot more to DD than the gear you wear. I'm guessing it'll take the 'hardcore' players a while to complete it all, so it's no big deal.

If you want content that's dumbed down and clearable within days/weeks of release, go and play WoW.

Besides, casuals are people that play 1 or 2 hours a night in spare time. I find it hard to believe you've completed all previous content on insane and are ready for nightmare by those standards. There's plenty to keep a 'casual' occupied.

It seems to me that 'casual' is being used far too often now days as a guise for a person being too stubborn to admit they aren't good enough.

To keep on topic, to do Nightmare you need to (this is from what iv read on the forums if you looked) do Uber Monster Fest hard or insane but more Survival mode to get gear. Or better, Mixed Survival. Unfortunately as a casual doing that isnt going to help you as you will run into the hours and hours of playing. Its a broken system.

I have a lot of hours on DD but im casual and gave up a few weeks ago. Been playing other stuff. I just refuse to do boring content such as Survival. And UMF is too hard to solo. Meh.

It seems to me that 'casual' is being used far too often now days as a guise for a person being too stubborn to admit they aren't good enough.
I think it's more likely that "casual" players are not likely to be posting on these forums and all that's left playing the game are dedicated players--either people falling under the hardcore designation as a function of how much time they put into the game or falling in the casual designation because they aren't those "hardcore."

They aren't casual but they also aren't hardcore players that aren't good "enough" (what that means in this context I'm not entirely sure since I can't figure how one assesses skill in game that doesn't even allow its players to aim :\) so I think a large portion of people voicing these concerns as "casuals" are actually a) being called that by so-called hardcores and eventually accepted the label even though they didn't think of themselves as such and/or b) they are speaking on behalf of their casual friends who left the game, currently frustrated while still trying to play the game, or won't come here and voice their own opinions for whatever reasons.

at least my take on it is we currently have sizable player base where one portion thinks that everything is just fantastic whereas the other portion thought that the direction Trendy was going was a temporary trajectory until they ironed out their game mechanics and balance. but now it's solidifying into this type of game that very few people are going to stick around with long-term.