Sign in to follow this  
Kaglaz1113

PS Nightmare Impossible

I find PS on nightmare to be pretty much impossible. I realize not many people play it, but I'm sure that's because its more difficult than survival and provides almost no reward.

So here are my questions:
1) Anyone playing PS on nightmare mode? If so, are you able to get past many waves?
2) Are there any plans to boost the loot or provide new rewards for PS?

Get 4 player with 4 guardian.
Mob count doesn't increase.

Aside from actually getting someone to agree to join your PS game, and them having a guardian worth a crap, that's pretty obvious. I usually start by playing two hero's (one on controller, one on PC) with high quality guardians. What I'm more interested in is how far you have gotten in PS nightmare. Everyone has suggestions about how they would play it, but few have actually played it and tried their suggested methods.

The most important thing about Nightmare is that it isn't reliant on your hero. If you don't have the best gear out there, the best way to remain effective is to be a good strategist and put an increased emphasis on extra characters with tower specs. Using good tower build, i have been able to beat the first 7 campaign maps so far, and alch lab a few times. Using good strategy with a friend, we got to the 5th wave of the new UMF campaign with my tower spec countess that does 10k dps (that's 10k DPS on the tavern dummies, way less in game).

I also recommend that if you play with 4 people, have one person with a genie. Mana in beginning waves is not very plentiful. Having someone with a genie will allow you to upgrade most of your first turn towers and have enough mana to finish all your building before second wave.

Also, spiders are huge pain on PS - not because of their abilities, but because of their bugs. At least DEWs spawned in the middle of the wave, spiders are finishing mobs that hang out for long time waiting to time out with no targets to attack - or getting stuck behind obstacles (a few always get stuck behind crystal on Magus Quarters, for example), or repeating pathing wrong and falling down.

The most important thing about Nightmare is that it isn't reliant on your hero. If you don't have the best gear out there, the best way to remain effective is to be a good strategist and put an increased emphasis on extra characters with tower specs. Using good tower build, i have been able to beat the first 7 campaign maps so far, and alch lab a few times. Using good strategy with a friend, we got to the 5th wave of the new UMF campaign with my tower spec countess that does 10k dps (that's 10k DPS on the tavern dummies, way less in game).

I also recommend that if you play with 4 people, have one person with a genie. Mana in beginning waves is not very plentiful. Having someone with a genie will allow you to upgrade most of your first turn towers and have enough mana to finish all your building before second wave.

None of that applies to PS, well I mean gear does, and a good strategy, but beating the regular games is def not the same.

Also, spiders are huge pain on PS - not because of their abilities, but because of their bugs. At least DEWs spawned in the middle of the wave, spiders are finishing mobs that hang out for long time waiting to time out with no targets to attack - or getting stuck behind obstacles (a few always get stuck behind crystal on Magus Quarters, for example), or repeating pathing wrong and falling down.

So I'm guessing you primarily use aura/trap only? How far can you get on PS?

Oh, and spider aoe disable hitting your hero in Pure Strategy making upgrade-repair in many cases completely impossible was pretty bad too.

Though it looks they fixed that one.

...hmm, nope, still there, seems to be quite random though.