Nope TrendyEnt, we don't like spiders.

I don't know if you agree with me, but I think that spiders do not make the game more interesting and fun, but spiders make this game annoying and makes me rage instead of just thinking: "Oh, I lost, i'll try again!".
There should be remove spiders button, which would make much more fun enemies instead of annoying!

Spiders are fine, but their web ability could use a bit of tuning.

What he said.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well I do hate the spiders but its more fun with them.

For melee's sake there should be a diminishing return on the web. So as you get 1 web there is a few secs cooldown before you can be webbed again. I guessing since ranged cant 1 shoot spiders its a ***** for ranged classes too.

Id take spiders over warriors anyday since well.. Warriors = stand in a corner by a drain aura and hold your attack button and ur safe...

Unless you play umf that is :P

OP: What's this? A new map? I'll just employ the same tactic as I do on every map and I'll be fine!

*spiders proceed to eat OPs defence*

OP: FUUUUUUUUUUU!

OP: What's this? A new map? I'll just employ the same tactic as I do on every map and I'll be fine!

*spiders proceed to eat OPs defence*

OP: FUUUUUUUUUUU!

I don't know why people keep saying this, it isn't about a new strat, it's about making towers EVEN MORE useless than they already were.

I think the spiders do make for some interesting mechanics. I've only tried and completed Deeper Wells and Forges on Nightmare, but they certainly made the experience a lot more hectic. With that said though, they do seem too strong considering what they do, the numbers they spawn in, how much health they have and the fact that we're supposed to be dealing with three more new mobs that will most likely have their own rage-inducing abilities to deal with.

- Ability to lob webs like artillery: this lets spiders attack your chokepoints over pits and walls and upward from lower floors of the map while remaining out of line-of-sight and safe from your tower attacks. These splash-damaging webbing mortar attacks also make it difficult to repair your defenses, regardless of how you position yourself behind them. DPS heroes need to go out into the fray to kill them, while Tower heroes... I'm not really sure how they'd be able to handle them honestly.
- Spending a large chunk of DU to counter spiders: I spent 6 DU placing Proxies behind my defenses at choke points in Deeper Wells, and then 9 on Forges and Foundries. I'm probably not being very efficient, but I can see this cost getting out of hand on something like Royal Gardens and Endless Spires where you'll need anti-spider traps to cover just about every anti-air and chokepoint set-up. Things like auras that counter Warriors and Ogres also contribute in dealing with everything else, but traps placed behind your defense provide very little for dealing with every other monster considering they won't ever get near them behind your defenses.

Just as a tip, there are two spots that are perfect for Slice n' Dice, Bouncers to not only pull agro but rid yourself of spideys.

Well it's part of my tactics. I used to put up Lightning Towers and Prox to take care of them but App towers just got romped too fast and took too much maintenance. But a bouncer/slice can keep the spiders off, yet still retain agro. Add in their high health and you don't need to do near as much!

And just to clarify, I'm referring to Spiders in Forrest, not Nightmare mode.

I don't know why people keep saying this, it isn't about a new strat, it's about making towers EVEN MORE useless than they already were.

Well I dont know why you got that ide? I actually stopped using the trap huntress and went for my tower app instead... works better. You just need to rethink it all a little

Just posting for clarification - I like spiders, however, I don't like simply how many there are, especially in Mistymire. Spiders shouldn't be trickling in for minutes after the wave is functionally over.

I liked the part where OP used a definitive collective statement for the thread title before the poll had closed.