One positive thing about spiders...

Dont see where the hate comes from. Spiders can't even hit me unless I stand in one spot for 5 seconds. I guess afkers are having a problem with them..

Just wait till you guys get to deal with future Creeps... If you think spiders are bad >=]

Now your beeing scary :x

Didnt your mom tell you that its mean to tease btw?:O

Just wait till you guys get to deal with future Creeps... If you think spiders are bad >=]

Spiders arent bad... theyre broke...

They dont make players revise their strats on how to play, they just further encourage traps n auras, which is what people have done for over a month now because towers are too vulnerable to DEW, AOE, spiders, and the spider queen.

Ways to fix spiders:

-DONT ALLOW THEM TO DROP DOWN WITHIN X AMOUNT OF METERS FROM THE CRYSTAL(S). That alone solves the tight spot in mystmire where you cant have traps or auras and spiders hop down and take out 6 MMs towers(least on insane with 20khp)

-Diminishing returns on webbing.
-Single target webbing(another reason why, 6MM towers fail hard against spiders in tight build areas.)
-Reduce their melee(as of now, theyre not just annoyances meant to keep us on our toes, theyre strictly evolved DEWs with webs for ninja stars, and fangs for a katana.)

The way I pictured spiders before actually playing against them was like fighting zerglings. Alone theyre weak, but in packs, theyre dangerous. That would have been a much better philosophy to build on.

You want to up the diff of this game, dont rely on shady/crutch mechanics and hiking up the HP and damage numbers. Do some creative synergy among the enemies already existing as well.

As I said before:
-Give goblins mana steal
-Give orcs a warcry to buff damage temp
-Give mages the ability to teleport X amount of ENEMIES from the back of the line to their location(excluding ogres and others have to spawn behind the mage so as to not bypass a barricade)
-Give archers a poison arrow(POISON RESIST!)
-DEWs are iffy as theyre already beefy
-Ogres, you already gave them resistances apparently in NM, so I dont see a need to give them more
-Already mentioned spiders above(zerglings)
-Kobolds already do significant damage to towers without an aura so I cant imagine how to buff them without breaking them.

-DONT ALLOW THEM TO DROP DOWN WITHIN X AMOUNT OF METERS FROM THE CRYSTAL(S). That alone solves the tight spot in mystmire where you cant have traps or auras and spiders hop down and take out 6 MMs towers(least on insane with 20khp)

-Diminishing returns on webbing.
-Single target webbing(another reason why, 6MM towers fail hard against spiders in tight build areas.)
-Reduce their melee(as of now, theyre not just annoyances meant to keep us on our toes, theyre strictly evolved DEWs with webs for ninja stars, and fangs for a katana.)

1) Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall them ever spawning that near crystals; they do make use of height advantage to snipe at towers though.
2) Don't build so tightly.
3) They have at least a few disadvantages over DEWs: They don't dash over traps, don't jump over towers/blockades, and they can be stealthed from

1. That lone crystal in mystmire where the wyvren fly in from the valley is a perfect example of a place where they can drop in behind towers built there.

2. I built 6 total, in a triangle formation, and that place is too small NOT to build tight with still taking artillery spider webs into consideration.

3. They dont have to dash over em... they drop in behind em and for locations like I just mentioned, thats extremely problematic. The only way to avoid it is to babysit em or pray which is stupid for solo play, a feature the developers have really been shunning more and more.

I dont believe any one CLASS should be able to solo, but its stupid you cant ENJOY this game on the harder difficulties by yourself, since nearly all my friends quit this game because they played this game casually and the devs also **** on that too.

...Spiders... Dark Elves.... I'm the one with the staff....
[video=youtube_share;PzZxBUxg0Sg]http://youtu.be/PzZxBUxg0Sg[/video]

thing i like about spiders is after they try web u they do a jump attack if u time it right u can get them to miss fall off the map :D :D

IMO the biggest issue with spiders is their HP. They are spiders for crying out loud, they should have the same HP as an archer IMO.

As I said before:
-Give goblins mana steal
-Give orcs a warcry to buff damage temp
-Give mages the ability to teleport X amount of ENEMIES from the back of the line to their location(excluding ogres and others have to spawn behind the mage so as to not bypass a barricade)
-Give archers a poison arrow(POISON RESIST!)
-DEWs are iffy as theyre already beefy
-Ogres, you already gave them resistances apparently in NM, so I dont see a need to give them more
-Already mentioned spiders above(zerglings)
-Kobolds already do significant damage to towers without an aura so I cant imagine how to buff them without breaking them.

omg yes do this would make the gameplay more dynamic !

They dont make players revise their strats on how to play, they just further encourage traps n auras, which is what people have done for over a month now because towers are too vulnerable to DEW, AOE, spiders, and the spider queen.

Imho your wrong. I moved on to mainly use apprentice towers instead of traps. I actually dont use any traps at all... All towers :) And it works like a charm. Its just tricky finding the correct positions.

Well we havent seen a forum thread where anybody complains about the warriors since the dlc was released :D:D

Heh figured i'd go back to mention this... that thread was posted after this one by 2 minutes... kinda makes me think tey saw this thread and went... oh yeah... need to go complain about ninja's :p

I love the idea of giving mobs abilities like Mana Steal in Nightmare mode, this seems a much more better approach then just 10mil HP Goblinzlol.

if you jump n' shoot, spiders aren't a problem. it's really no different from before, the only difference being that mobs nearly one shot you. if you actually played the game from the start at level 1, that's basically what nightmare mode is, near useless heroes dependent on towers...

1. That lone crystal in mystmire where the wyvren fly in from the valley is a perfect example of a place where they can drop in behind towers built there.

2. I built 6 total, in a triangle formation, and that place is too small NOT to build tight with still taking artillery spider webs into consideration.

3. They dont have to dash over em... they drop in behind em and for locations like I just mentioned, thats extremely problematic. The only way to avoid it is to babysit em or pray which is stupid for solo play, a feature the developers have really been shunning more and more.

I dont believe any one CLASS should be able to solo, but its stupid you cant ENJOY this game on the harder difficulties by yourself, since nearly all my friends quit this game because they played this game casually and the devs also **** on that too.

1) The spiders don't spawn near any of the crystals close to the wyvern, I do not know which crystal you are talking about.
1a) The crystal at the corner (not the bridge) has two chokepoints which can be easily protected with walls (then having towers to cover those walls)
1b) The crystal near the bridge admittedly has no chokepoints to properly wall up, but you also have more building space, I usually dedicate 4-6 MM towers or so for that location, + traps to assist. I imagine bouncer blockades may work as walls (since spiders will attack that due to being an offensive tower, unlike magic barriers) instead, but I don't have a sufficiently geared squire to work with that.
2) Stop using triangle formations cause they don't work that well. (unless they're only meant for spiders only, and not to cover anti air) Use tower setups specific to counter spiders, and leave anti-air towers to do just that only.

He wasn't kidding. Spiders are the worst thing to ever happen to this game. Regardless of what people think about adding divergent gameplay or new tactics and strategies, they do it in a very degenerate way. They aren't fun to fight against, they're incredibly frustrating. Lets seriously look at them side by side with the other creatures in this game:
Goblin: Low HP melee.
Orc: Medium HP melee.
DE Archer: Low HP Ranged
DE Mage: Low HP Caster, summons skeletons that have very low HP.
Wyvern: Flying monster that shoots fireballs.
Kobold: Low HP Sapper monster that explodes.
Ogre: Very high HP Monster that knocks back and shoots Poison Bolts
Spider: Low HP melee, can spawn anywhere on the map, has an artillery AE Web that stuns heroes, web also disables defenses, has a high dmg jump.

The fact that they can spawn anywhere, including behind your defenses makes them unique enough by itself. Then they also have an AE web that disables defenses, as well as essentially stunning heroes, and btw they deal very high damage. You could completely remove the hero stun and they would STILL do more than anything else in the game, adding enough divergent gameplay with spawning anywhere and potentially disabling defenses without frustrating players to the ends of the earth in the process.

Spiders are the first over designed thing i've ever seen in this game, and it makes me sad, as the game is much worse off because of it.

Goblin: Low HP melee.
Orc: Medium HP melee.
DE Archer: Low HP Ranged
DE Mage: Low HP Caster, summons skeletons that have very low HP.
Wyvern: Flying monster that shoots fireballs.
Kobold: Low HP Sapper monster that explodes.
Ogre: Very high HP Monster that knocks back and shoots Poison Bolts
Spider: Low HP melee, can spawn anywhere on the map, has an artillery AE Web that stuns heroes, web also disables defenses, has a high dmg jump.

*ehem*, you forgot one thing:
Dark Elf Warriors: Huge HP everything. Whether it's melee or range doesn't matter, they run faster than archers' arrows.
Yes, I had to.

I really don't get what's *so* bad about those spiders, so far. Sure they're annoying, but DEWs get on my nerves so much more...

BTW. I'm wondering, is this intended that knockback does not work on DEWs? Or at least it seems they have like 95% knockback reduction. Chicken doesn't seem to be able to push them away much, except when they're in the air.

I already paid for the DLCs otherwise I'd just not buy them if they are going to get worse than spiders. Spiders destroy the soloability of this "single player" game. I've been pretty disappointed about the nature of the content in the last few DLCs. If I wanted to be forced to group with people to do everything I'd be playing an MMORPG not buying games on Steam that say they are Single Player.

I am truly waiting for the other maps, because if I did understand correctly, those other maps do not contain those annoying spiders! future creeps do not scare me!

I really don't get what's *so* bad about those spiders, so far. Sure they're annoying, but DEWs get on my nerves so much more...

Until I get paid to play videogames, that sentence right there is the problem with spiders.
They are not fun.

I've gotten very adept at dealing with them but they are still not fun, at all.
I don't enjoy any match that has them, I can't build with 2 out of 4 builders because of them on nm (well no because of ogres, i would like to build against spiders the tactics would be interesting, but I can't), more traps n auras + frustration, gg.

soloing out the window other than glitching umf2 ...
My favorite solo map that is still productive was ruined with knockbacks, the other maps could still be fun on insane but since the game is no grind defenders I wouldnt be making the mana so desperately needed on those.

Until I get paid to play videogames, that sentence right there is the problem with spiders.
They are not fun.

To each their own. Personaly I find spiders to be both fun and funny. Especially with people who don't have push to talk ...