This game makes me sick now... Literally

Just thought I'd share my experience with the new knockback from mobs. I haven't had a chance to really play other than to test out resistance when the new DLC/patches were released. I finally had time to play today so I loaded up UMF... I was curious about the knock back pinball effect people were talking about on the forums. It affected me more than I would have imagined...

At first I just found it annoying, especially when trying to pick up items on the ground. I started feeling really dizzy by wave 12. By wave 13 I was feeling very nauseous and sick. By wave 14 I broke out into a sweat and felt like I was going to fall off of my chair at any moment.

I do have a bad case of motion sickness when it comes to video games. That's why I stay away from first person shooters. I probably shouldn't have finished it but I did and now I feel terrible. Time for me to take some much needed rest.

This game makes me dizzy too, I hear you. Specially with my countess.. but before you push yourself to the limit next time, be careful. Your health is MUCH more important than this silly game!

I agree with you. I'll try playing fully zoomed out next time if I decide to continue playing.

Noammi is absolutely right. Nothing in DD worth doing that to yourself :(

Take heart, though. According to the patch notes for 7.14 (expected to launch Monday), they are adding the knockback resistance back in, albeit at a lesser effectiveness than before.

Camera shake is off and fully zoomed out, i still get dizzy from the knockbacks to the poit that i can only play 1 map every few hours :( motion sickness too

Trendy should really look into this, when it's literally making people sick, then it's at its very core, flawed and should be scrapped, not "try to fix" but just scrapped, completely gone.

I personally don't suffer from motion sickness, fortunately, but I have a friend who does and he quit yesterday due to this new knock-back bull****.

Trendy stop adding frustrations to the game, add fun.

I puked around 7 times yesterday, but this game is worth every gut-wrentching, heave-inducing, world-spinning side effect that it gives me. If this game gave me cancer I would still devour it by the hour.

I puked around 7 times yesterday, but this game is worth every gut-wrentching, heave-inducing, world-spinning side effect that it gives me. If this game gave me cancer I would still devour it by the hour.

Joking with something bad like cancer. Hope you never get no one close to you with it.

Joking with something bad like cancer. Hope you never get no one close to you with it.

I have already beaten AML, if I didn't joke about cancer then defeat would be imminent.

Also I just realized I'm typing this out from work. At my desk. Here at the American Cancer Society.

I don't understand why trendy suddenly need to add that knockback effects to the game. We were happy , everyone was happy without it . Why trendy why ? If you do ingame poll about it i am sure more than %95 even %99 of the people will want old state of knockbacks.

Wow, that's pretty neat. I thought I was the only one getting dizzy from this.

Looks like they'll be addressing it next patch. From the patch notes thread:

[quote]* Incoming Damage-Knockback is now reduced as an exponential factor of Armor Resistance[/quote]

Motion sickness being induced from videogames has been around since Doom and before that, its nothing new - they shouldn't nerf the game because you get a little sick from a hobby. A lot of the people I know who played doom back in the day eventually got over it and still game today.

That's good to hear that they will at least be reducing the knockback with resistance in the next patch.

It's true that video game motion sickness has been around for ages. I also played Doom as a child and got very sick. I continued to play first person shooters for years to come until I got sick of having to build up a tolerance. After making myself very ill for a couple of hours a day I would slowly build up a tolerance for it and be able to play for longer and longer periods of time. However, I noticed that I would quickly lose that tolerance if I did not play every single day. It's not something that I want to put myself through again.

It's fine if a game started out causing motion sickness in people, I can choose to never touch the game. Dungeon Defenders, however, did not start out that way. I've already grown to like the game even after all the huge changes that drove my friends away. It was disheartening to think that I might stop playing because something like this was added in. I'm just glad that they will be adjusting the knockback and I will await for the new patch to see how it goes.