Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw

About Character Rollback

We've got a couple of people in the office working on rollbacks as we speak. We'll have more people helping out tomorrow.

Really sorry about the wait.

Sorry, what? Rollback? I have no idea what rollback this thread is about. Can someone please reiterate for me?

Hitmon thank you for responding, do you think it would be possible to get a answer to the below listed questions? They would be most beneficial and possibly help other people also
1. Before the rollback happens will we get a final e-mail stating we are about to do it, please don't play? or we are going to do it around this time, please don't play?
2. If the answer to the above question is no, its just going to happen, how will we know it happened? Will we get e-mail stating it did? or do we have to check randomly?
3. Since I am under the impression these rollbacks will take a while, If i farm on my current account and give the mana / items i make to a friend to hold, Will they be okay? or also rollbacked (this question is the most important because it informs me if I can do something in the game progressive)
4. Does the rollback effect only one character or the whole account? Knowing this ASAP would also be nice because i can go level a alt then

If you do have the time to answer any or hopefully all these questions it would go a long way to helping out the community get a better idea of what to expect and the situation (at least that's my opinion)

Hitmon thank you for responding, do you think it would be possible to get a answer to the below listed questions? They would be most beneficial and possibly help other people also
1. Before the rollback happens will we get a final e-mail stating we are about to do it, please don't play? or we are going to do it around this time, please don't play?
2. If the answer to the above question is no, its just going to happen, how will we know it happened? Will we get e-mail stating it did? or do we have to check randomly?
3. Since I am under the impression these rollbacks will take a while, If i farm on my current account and give the mana / items i make to a friend to hold, Will they be okay? or also rollbacked (this question is the most important because it informs me if I can do something in the game progressive)
4. Does the rollback effect only one character or the whole account? Knowing this ASAP would also be nice because i can go level a alt then

If you do have the time to answer any or hopefully all these questions it would go a long way to helping out the community get a better idea of what to expect and the situation (at least that's my opinion)

5. What will happen to steam achievements when the roll back happens?

/bump again
Yea Sounds the most the likely, but getting these small answers would be awesome, =/ this slow response is making me a depressed panda now

They should ask you if you want to be rolled back or not. I personally haven't been playing as I've been waiting for the rollback.

They are only rolling back the ppl who have requested it.

1/2) We'll send an email after your data is restored. It's best not to play until after we send an email confirming that we've restored your data. Keep an eye on your email, because we might send one beforehand asking for your help.

3) I believe that should be OK, though I'm not entirely sure. (It seems like it would be OK, because let's think of it like you sold those items to a friend. Those items shouldn't disappear because of an issue with your save file -- they are no longer a part of your file. I don't have intricate knowledge of how everything works in the game, but that seems like the safest assumption.) Though I'd recommend doing this immediately and with someone you absolutely trust. We are not responsible for fair-weather friends making off with your hard-earned loot. :^) (Again, I'm not absolutely sure this would work. This is just a friendly suggestion.)

4) The rollback should affect your account on Ranked. It's essentially reverting everything back to a previous save state. I believe Open would be fine, should you need your DunDef fix.

5) I'm unsure about Steam achievements, as I have no idea how the system works. Assuming it works like 360's achievements (where once the achievement unlocks, it stays unlocked, regardless of what happens to the save file), they should be fine.

Hope this helps!

They are only rolling back the ppl who have requested it.

I know. I am assuming he asked for it. I emailed them, they emailed me back for a link to my steam profile couple days ago, and I've yet to hear back from them.

I know. I am assuming he asked for it. I emailed them, they emailed me back for a link to my steam profile couple days ago, and I've yet to hear back from them.

Yeh same i sent my email on friday got a reply about 24 hrs later now being monday i still am without any update, i wish we were not told "over the weekend" and had been told a worst case scenario atleast.

Yeh same i sent my email on friday got a reply about 24 hrs later now being monday i still am without any update, i wish we were not told "over the weekend" and had been told a worst case scenario atleast.

Yeah, it's a little annoying, but hopefully they'll get it fixed by the time 7.14 comes out. I wouldn't have done very many runs at things until then anyways.

I emailed them about 30mins to an hour after patch, got a response within 6 hours asking for link to steam id. No rollback yet. Starting to twitch fro withdrawl...anyone else had their save rolled back yet?

Any idea whether we will be getting our rollback prior to the patch or at the same time? I really wanna play the xmas stuff and to get rolling on getting my equips to do nightmare!!!!1

My question is, why is it that we've yet to see ANYONE say that their accounts have finally been rolled back. Are they doing a massive rollback all at one time...geez. 4 days with out DD and im getting the gitters..*eye twitching*

I'm kinda guessing that they'll collect all the steam profile names and put them in a file and find a way to use an automated script to do all the rollbacks at once. Maybe they are planning to do it at the same time as the next patch and that's why we've been waiting 3 days, since the patch was originally planned for the 18th. I read one post where a guy said his friend got restored sometime on Friday but he was still waiting, but it appears that no rollbacks were done at all during the weekend or there would be at least one person saying "woohoo finally I can play! thanks!" Perhaps the other guy was rolled back in the 7.13a -> 7.13b transition, also during a patch.

My question is, why is it that we've yet to see ANYONE say that their accounts have finally been rolled back. Are they doing a massive rollback all at one time...geez. 4 days with out DD and im getting the gitters..*eye twitching*

My best friends account got rolled back friday night rigth after the emails went out (he got his like 10 min after me) but since then i haven't heard much about rollbacks.

I'm going to be a little pissed off if they do it during patch. If this is the case, why the hell couldn't they have said before the weekend, giving people false sense of hope.

I'm going to be a little pissed off if they do it during patch. If this is the case, why the hell couldn't they have said before the weekend, giving people false sense of hope.

I just want it done. This has become probably the worst Trendy fiasco to date and that's saying a lot.

They really do not seem to be inspiring a lot of customer confidence at this point.

I, personally have been waiting all weekend waiting for it. Pretty up set that I've had to wait so long. Usually I leave steam open to let it patch if I'm out, but from now on I'm closing it everytime is gonna patch to avoid anything like this.