Havent played since the super loot/survival was introduved( mainly when insane spook was hardest thing) and i really enjoyed the game. However i have been thoroughly dissapointed with every content patch since then, Is this new patch filled with un-enjoyable glitches, unplayable grindfest gametype? or has it reverted back to about what the game was like

Just wondering if i should save my money and not buy the expantion thing

Pathing bugs out the wazoo in the new monster fest map, server filter not allowing you to join friend's games that don't meet the filter settings bug still not fixed (meanwhile the bug that allowed players without the dlc to play nightmare was fixed in about an hour) , ogres have knockback 2.0 making playing squire and melee monk very inconvenient and cumbersome, spiders while a good concept take player control away and chain that to oblivion, 0 survivability as non-squire in nightmare mode.

Those are the main things I can think of to answer your question.

Sounds like your just looking for an excuse to complain. The game hasn't changed much since your left, and most of the bugs are gone I believe - at least for me.

I actually really like the Mistymire map. The loot progression is still kindof bad for those without solid gear but if the other 3 maps are as good as Mistymire I'd say it will be well worth the 9 dollars.