Tired of all this dlc

Unless part 1 is ultra tiny compared to the other 3 parts....

I somehow doubt that. the original game came with 13 unique maps, and about 15 challenges.

If each eternia shards part comes with only 1 map and 2 variations of the same map... yeah, that's not even remotely close to the content volume of vanilla DD.

I have my own problems with trendy too. Nothing is ever clear, but the same amount of content could be considering all the PVP maps that come with the dlc's to add up to the original stuff. It could also be as simple as the file sizes being the same, but Trendy is not creditable to anything they say. On that note, we'll just have to see come march if this is true. No matter how you look at it, Trendy does everything to upset console users in the end, which is why it pisses me off to see pc users complaining and even worst comparing to console.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP wants everything for free.

Yeah I sure do, I got my computer, my xbox, hell even my house for free and I'm just here to complain how I must pay for games now...

I have my own problems with trendy too. Nothing is ever clear, but the same amount of content could be considering all the PVP maps that come with the dlc's to add up to the original stuff. It could also be as simple as the file sizes being the same, but Trendy is not creditable to anything they say. On that note, we'll just have to see come march if this is true. No matter how you look at it, Trendy does everything to upset console users in the end, which is why it pisses me off to see pc users complaining and even worst comparing to console.

Since you own a console, you know that many recent titles prioritized consoles over PC. If there is one thing that Trendy seems to be doing right is focusing on PC. Aside from that why can't I bring up issues just because you have them too? Does being on a console mean you are entitled to have a good gaming experience? yes, and same is true for people on computers.
You want to feel better? Pick up pretty much any other console game you own and laugh about how its more optimized for consoles.

your funny...i have a pc and play tf2 and lfd2 on steam but i got the game on console to play with my gf and for when we have company over to do 4 player splitscreen.

Now saying i know what pc player feel like is just ignorant...flat out. They shouldnt show favoritism to the pc community in completely ignoring the technical support side for the console.It's bad for business and if they really worried about how much money they make not everyone has a good pc to play DD or a pc at all. When black friday sales and holiday sales go on most families get a console not a pc...So if they want high revenue for future endevors they would support all equally on tech support..Dlc and patching aside talk to the people..you will look better then being quiet to customers.

i understand its easier to update pc but talking to people dont take that long to make a few post..

Except its not ignorant as consoles have been favors for many games. This is maybe the first time your experiencing what PC players have been treated like... Now that its the other way around its not so nice is it? You can do what PC users have been doing for other games, wait. I agree that support should be given to all platforms, but there is not much you can do to change what Trendy is doing.

Microsoft and Sony only take a portion of the profits and damn it if they don't have a right: They MARKET the game for the devs. If you make an indie game to xbox marketplace, it's seen by millions of players. It's not the gamers job to pay extra because the developer decided to market their game via the xbox marketplace, as well as their DLC.

That being said, it may just be Trendy covering their own asses on the cost, but they did say after all 4 parts of the dlc come together and all 4 shards have been collected, plenty of extra content becomes available. To quote one of the devs, "the content adds up to almost the same amount of content from the base game itself". At 4 dollars a pop, 16 dollars for the whole set, it's about the same as buying the game again, just to get a game with double content.

Lastly, is this really something to complain about? This is another thread of I want things the way i want them, screw everyone else. The prices are set, and wait for a steam sale (yet another benefit pc has over us, but it's never enough is it?)

to be 100% honest, i'm more mad that consoles don't get **** compared to PC, and less mad that your as selfish as you are. We've gotten one thing, ONE SINGLE THING, and a pc user complains that their version of that thing is not better (even though it is).

So yes, this is just another pc user creating a thread to QQ of how his life isn't better than it should be. You bought the game on pc, now take it for what it's worth.

You paid for a box that does nothing but game (ok and some other stuff, but mainly game) that is at the mercy of either Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo/ect. Prices are dictated by them and so are the sales of digital media. Physical copies might be on sale but Microsoft and Sony control the entire ecosystem of their console. If your going to hold steam against PC users why don't you complain how xbox live requires you to pay for multiplayer? Sadly now people think that owning a $300 box that is pretty much the reason why dlcs exist means that PC users are selfish. You get plenty of releases ahead of pc users, many times the PC versions of games have more bugs than the console version.

The reason I made this thread isn't even about technical issues or the lack thereof. I'm just talking about how out of hand DLCs are getting...IF you feel that paying for overpriced items is great, then by all means go for it but don't call those of us who want reasonable prices selfish.
In total, all of the DLCs on steam right now cost 15.95 accounting only for the currently released DLCs. Thats more than what DD is worth for not even half the content in the original. If trendy feels that the cost of these updates are not justified for free, charge a higher price for the game and leave this dlc nonsense behind, or for consoles as it seems that they love to pay for stuff...

Why do all companies, even the indie ones, treat the pc as consoles. We get console ports, now we get to pay console prices... In the past dlcs on pc were uncommon(horse armor?). You release a game and people expect the patches to include what constitutes as dlcs nowdays. You want to add a huge list of features? Release an expansion. Now I don't mind a splatter of dlcs but I feel that trendy is taking it too far, it seems theres a dlc required for every new feature... I like the concept of dungeon defenders, charge me 50 or 60 bucks and be done with it...

I'm not sure what games you are playing, but most games have "dlc." Whether its in the form of monthly fees, micro-transactions, expansions, or combinations of those, hardly any games are just buy, install and play with no more money needed and still get updates.

I'm not sure what games you are playing, but most games have "dlc." Whether its in the form of monthly fees, micro-transactions, expansions, or combinations of those, hardly any games are just buy, install and play with no more money needed and still get updates.

I'm pretty sure monthly fees are not defined under DLC...which means downloadable content if you were not aware of what dlc means, its not a blanket term to cover everything that you must pay for to supplement a game. I guess micotransactions can technically be seen as a DLC, but its used mainly for mmos not actual games. Expansions are definitely not dlcs although a big enough DLC might be considered effectively an expansion. No one releases $1.99 content to a game and calls it an expansion

Yeah I sure do, I got my computer, my xbox, hell even my house for free and I'm just here to complain how I must pay for games now...

Since you own a console, you know that many recent titles prioritized consoles over PC. If there is one thing that Trendy seems to be doing right is focusing on PC. Aside from that why can't I bring up issues just because you have them too? Does being on a console mean you are entitled to have a good gaming experience? yes, and same is true for people on computers.
You want to feel better? Pick up pretty much any other console game you own and laugh about how its more optimized for consoles.

Except its not ignorant as consoles have been favors for many games. This is maybe the first time your experiencing what PC players have been treated like... Now that its the other way around its not so nice is it? You can do what PC users have been doing for other games, wait. I agree that support should be given to all platforms, but there is not much you can do to change what Trendy is doing.

You paid for a box that does nothing but game (ok and some other stuff, but mainly game) that is at the mercy of either Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo/ect. Prices are dictated by them and so are the sales of digital media. Physical copies might be on sale but Microsoft and Sony control the entire ecosystem of their console. If your going to hold steam against PC users why don't you complain how xbox live requires you to pay for multiplayer? Sadly now people think that owning a $300 box that is pretty much the reason why dlcs exist means that PC users are selfish. You get plenty of releases ahead of pc users, many times the PC versions of games have more bugs than the console version.

The reason I made this thread isn't even about technical issues or the lack thereof. I'm just talking about how out of hand DLCs are getting...IF you feel that paying for overpriced items is great, then by all means go for it but don't call those of us who want reasonable prices selfish.
In total, all of the DLCs on steam right now cost 15.95 accounting only for the currently released DLCs. Thats more than what DD is worth for not even half the content in the original. If trendy feels that the cost of these updates are not justified for free, charge a higher price for the game and leave this dlc nonsense behind, or for consoles as it seems that they love to pay for stuff...

Heh, I hate microsoft. Paying $15 a month is BS. I also own a ps3, and if you haven't figured out, a pc. Sony doesn't make players pay for online gaming, and neither does pc (although certain games themselves do). And due to trendy's high sales on DD, theirs one of two things they are thinking. They got this many sales due to proper pricing, or, they may think they should have made it more expensive thinking that players would still pay the price for such a great game.

But what your opening thread statement announces is that you think pc should get things cheaper the consoles. Well, sorry to say, the consoles were intended as gaming machines, whereas pc is used for gaming, job related work, a simple calendar calculator bundle that's overpriced, a diary... theirs so many uses. So why should pc get things for cheaper than console?

And am i mad that steam puts things on sale all the time? No! I'm just pointing out that you seem to be the type of person who can't say, about anything, that "I got a sweet deal". Instead, your the person who's mad that a company that sold a $15 dollar game that gives just as much playability as most 50-60 dollar games, is trying to make an extra few bucks for the extra work they put in.

ALL JOBS ARE LIKE THIS!!!!

Be it a video game company like Trendy, or a Semi-Monopoly like Microsoft. If they are going to pay an hourly wage or a salary to people to add content to an already made game, they are gonna put a price tag on it so they are refunded that money by the thousands of people who are their customers. If i worked at Wal-Mart, and i'm given the task to unload a truck shipment, I HAD BETTER BE PAID. Due to this, the original price of that stock goes up from the makers original price value. Why? Because Wal-Mart wants to make their money back from what they payed me to unload it for.

Again, your whiny because the port of the game you play was priced the same as the port I play on. It's overpriced for your budget? Get a better job. It's only trendy's problem if the price is too high for the majority of players to pay for it. If it comes down to that.. then maybe the price would go down.

I'm pretty sure monthly fees are not defined under DLC...which means downloadable content if you were not aware of what dlc means, its not a blanket term to cover everything that you must pay for to supplement a game. I guess micotransactions can technically be seen as a DLC, but its used mainly for mmos not actual games. Expansions are definitely not dlcs although a big enough DLC might be considered effectively an expansion. No one releases $1.99 content to a game and calls it an expansion

Yes, monthly fees do the same exact thing DLC does, and expansions. Give it whatever name you want, it's all providing money for additional content. Main difference here is, it's all optional. But no matter how you look at it, you buying dlc's for DD are paying for all the "free" patches you download. Everyone stops buying dlc, the patches stop coming out.

Love the original game and recommend it to friends, but Trendy could be a bit more open about their plans. I think I'll wait and see if the Eternia pack turns 75% during christmas.

It will not. I believe Jeremy said it in the sticky. Unless Steam messes up, which is always a possibility.

And we all know this dev team never goes back on what they say....

What gets me is that we pay for the DLC and its broken. What the bunny!

And to top that off we won't be getting a patch till two months later. Its not right.

This really is bullbunnies.

Microsoft and Sony only take a portion of the profits and damn it if they don't have a right: They MARKET the game for the devs. If you make an indie game to xbox marketplace, it's seen by millions of players. It's not the gamers job to pay extra because the developer decided to market their game via the xbox marketplace, as well as their DLC.

That being said, it may just be Trendy covering their own asses on the cost, but they did say after all 4 parts of the dlc come together and all 4 shards have been collected, plenty of extra content becomes available. To quote one of the devs, "the content adds up to almost the same amount of content from the base game itself". At 4 dollars a pop, 16 dollars for the whole set, it's about the same as buying the game again, just to get a game with double content.

Lastly, is this really something to complain about? This is another thread of I want things the way i want them, screw everyone else. The prices are set, and wait for a steam sale (yet another benefit pc has over us, but it's never enough is it?)

to be 100% honest, i'm more mad that consoles don't get **** compared to PC, and less mad that your as selfish as you are. We've gotten one thing, ONE SINGLE THING, and a pc user complains that their version of that thing is not better (even though it is).

So yes, this is just another pc user creating a thread to QQ of how his life isn't better than it should be. You bought the game on pc, now take it for what it's worth.

No offence but just because console gaming has lowered the standard of gaming doesn't mean I or anyone else have any less of a right to complain because we're playing on PC.

Just because you're playing the unpatched, more expensive and less supported version doesn't mean I can't complain because I should feel sorry for you? Sorry but that's just not how things work, I didn't buy it for the consoles because I'm not stupid and I didn't wan't to buy it for the consoles, I bought it for the PC for their good PC promotions.

I'll be honest though, the price isn't the biggest concern to me so you're attacking me for the wrong reasons, after all I bought all of the DLC as soon as its out. The concern is that the patches aren't good, the DLC isn't really that good and some of its very questionable why it's even DLC and the patches are really ruined by how they're handled.

The Xbox 360 not only takes quite a portion of the profits but they regulate everything, they have long uploads and delays and their system is pretty tedious. You know you have to pay them if you wan't to update your game right? Every time you unleash content for your game you HAVE to make it pay, they don't allow you to release free content for arcade games, you have to put a price on it and it has to come under one of their 4 microsoft points plan. Things like this is why they can't just instantly update the game and just add content like that, they can't even choose the price it has to be a set number from a list of options. I don't know too much about Sony or anyone else but things like this is why Consoles get the short stick and because Consoles generate the most sales from the gaming market, it's also why the PC gets the short stick too.

So all in all, just because there's a lesser version doesn't mean people can't complain. I mean honestly, I could say you shouldn't complain about the console version because there are starving children in africa but I'm not going that far.

Yes, monthly fees do the same exact thing DLC does, and expansions. Give it whatever name you want, it's all providing money for additional content. Main difference here is, it's all optional. But no matter how you look at it, you buying dlc's for DD are paying for all the "free" patches you download. Everyone stops buying dlc, the patches stop coming out.

Did I miss something? I can download my (nonexistent) WoW subscription? You pay monthly fees for a continuous service being provided, not new content (thought the continuous service may give you new content). I suppose my internet connection is a dlc? I'm pretty sure a monthly fee is NOT paying money for additional content...its paying money for the continuous access for certain content. As for expansions, lets take Guild Wars as an example, it has an 1 expansion and 2 standalone ones. I have yet to see anyone describe them as DLC, you want to think big and call them dlc? fine yes its content and yes you can download them and yes you pay for additional resources. They are pretty damn similar except dlcs can just give you a new skin. No expansion gives you just a new skin... Quite frankly I don't see how this even matters.

Heh, I hate microsoft. Paying $15 a month is BS. I also own a ps3, and if you haven't figured out, a pc. Sony doesn't make players pay for online gaming, and neither does pc (although certain games themselves do). And due to trendy's high sales on DD, theirs one of two things they are thinking. They got this many sales due to proper pricing, or, they may think they should have made it more expensive thinking that players would still pay the price for such a great game.

But what your opening thread statement announces is that you think pc should get things cheaper the consoles. Well, sorry to say, the consoles were intended as gaming machines, whereas pc is used for gaming, job related work, a simple calendar calculator bundle that's overpriced, a diary... theirs so many uses. So why should pc get things for cheaper than console?

And am i mad that steam puts things on sale all the time? No! I'm just pointing out that you seem to be the type of person who can't say, about anything, that "I got a sweet deal". Instead, your the person who's mad that a company that sold a $15 dollar game that gives just as much playability as most 50-60 dollar games, is trying to make an extra few bucks for the extra work they put in.

ALL JOBS ARE LIKE THIS!!!!

Be it a video game company like Trendy, or a Semi-Monopoly like Microsoft. If they are going to pay an hourly wage or a salary to people to add content to an already made game, they are gonna put a price tag on it so they are refunded that money by the thousands of people who are their customers. If i worked at Wal-Mart, and i'm given the task to unload a truck shipment, I HAD BETTER BE PAID. Due to this, the original price of that stock goes up from the makers original price value. Why? Because Wal-Mart wants to make their money back from what they payed me to unload it for.

Again, your whiny because the port of the game you play was priced the same as the port I play on. It's overpriced for your budget? Get a better job. It's only trendy's problem if the price is too high for the majority of players to pay for it. If it comes down to that.. then maybe the price would go down.

So instead of whining, if the price is just too high for you, either get a better job, or rally a boycott on it. Quit being so damn immature.

wow funniest crap I've read all day. Where in any of my posts did I qq about how expensive it is? Please reread. I can pay for the dlcs, and have, in fact bought pretty much all of them. I am able but as far as these prices go I am pretty much not willing when they are overpriced. Steam sales are pretty much the reason why I bought the dlcs to begin with.

Your walmart analogy flawed because all these costs are already accounted for, wages are part of the considering when you first set price, not after. Walmart doesn't go herp derp looks like I need to pay my employees, better raise stock prices. Trendy did not make a spontaneous decision to make these dlcs the price they are at, I'm sure they have already planned how they are going to release dlcs since BEFORE the game was released. I never asked for a price reduction. I was simply suggesting (all I can do actually) that trendy stop all this dlc nonsense and set the price for the game at a higher cost. Do I think they will listen/care? no not really, Trendy knows that releasing dlcs and having the masses like you eat them up makes their profits soar much higher than if they just released a full featured game at a higher price point. As I have stated before, the cost for all the dlcs is already more than the actual game.

Sure you own a console and a pc...like alot of people, your point? Just because pretty much every other game company gives console preferential treatment vs pc does not mean Trendy has to follow the trend, In the past PC did get the better deal, CoD4 for pc gave us all the new maps for free vs xbox and ps3.

[QUOTE]Why do all companies, even the indie ones, treat the pc as consoles. We get console ports, now we get to pay console prices... [/QUOTE]

hmm.. sounds like complaining to me that pc is priced as an equal. also, complaining about price is obviously complaining about being too expensive.

[QUOTE]Your walmart analogy flawed because all these costs are already accounted for, wages are part of the considering when you first set price, not after.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Wal-Mart considers first how many employee's it needs to cover all job titles, THEN it considers how much they should raise the manufacturers price of a product to accomodate those paid jobs, while also providing profit. Raising manufacturers price by 10 cents, then realizing they need more employees, all of a sudden the new employee's wage is overcompensating for the price of the item. They need to figure out max employee's hired and wages of all hired and to-be hired employee's before considering their item prices. Expenses always come first before adjusting item pricing, so that they know at all times that they will make a profit. Of course, this also considers popularity of said item. The more popular, the more sales. The more sales, the more profit and potential of said item getting a discount.

[QUOTE]I can pay for the dlcs, and have, in fact bought pretty much all of them. I am able but as far as these prices go I am pretty much not willing when they are overpriced. Steam sales are pretty much the reason why I bought the dlcs to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are whining about the prices of the DLC again.

[QUOTE]Just because pretty much every other game company gives console preferential treatment vs pc does not mean Trendy has to follow the trend[/QUOTE]

And somehow your surprised that they do follow other game company trends? Why would they go against a theory that works?

[QUOTE]I was simply suggesting (all I can do actually) that trendy stop all this dlc nonsense and set the price for the game at a higher cost.[/QUOTE]

A poor idea for Trendy to do. The bulk of sales has already gone by, and the playerbase is set for the most part. Oh, and did i mention that this sounds like, since your already own the game, you want free DLC and Trendy to hope to god that people continue buying the game? Push all the dlc payments onto the price of the game that you never have to pay again? Sounds a little stingy.

[QUOTE]Your pretty much just mad because your precious ps3 doesn't get the same treatment as PC from trendy. Well it sucks being at the other end doesn't it, do what other people have done and DEAL with it. Attacking me because your pissed is whats immature. [/QUOTE]

Well, what can i say? It sucks to see all the things pc is getting, spread about in a way to make console users think that they will be getting the same stuff at a later date, THEN told that they won't be getting the same stuff. And in no way am i attacking you because i'm pissed. I find it horribly idiotic for someone to complain that they are treated as equals to another community. If trendy already had a price in mind for the DLC to be sold at, then they are the ones losing out from microsofts cut and sony's, not you. They may just very well be thinking that they are tired of being bashed every moment of every second by the community for every move they make on the game that they are trying to fix. If i was working weekends to fix unforseen problems, i sure as hell wouldn't want to put up with people knitpicking on every little detail like the VW-nerf incident.

So tell me, and i already quoted your opening posts first sentence--

[QUOTE]Why do all companies, even the indie ones, treat the pc as consoles. We get console ports, now we get to pay console prices... [/QUOTE]

what is your real issue here? Is this not obviously, and instead of using whining, you are distraught, flabberghasted, annoyed, hurt, or otherwise feeling a bit demeanored by the fact that the pc is being treated as equals to the console? Does it bother you that Trendy is profiting more on your buck then on mine, even though as two customers, we are both losing the same amount of money? Or is it a whole nother issue of 4 dollars being too expensive for one map, a challenge, a PVP map, and the PC user bonuses (that i don't get) of UMF map and UMF pvp? Please explain, because my english is failing me on this one!

How can so many of you PC fans be so ungrateful for all you have been given? The front page of the forum is regularly 99% pc fans having a complain about the latest patch, or the latest free thing they've been given. Be a bit more grateful, they don't have to give you anything for free.

How can you PC fans be so ungrateful for all you have been given? The front page of the forum is alway 99% pc fans moaning about the latest patch, or the latest free thing get have been given.

I'm not gonna stereotype the pc community. Some have made valid arguements about some of the changes. But all in all, you are right.

Most of the pc population look at what they have and criticize, instead of looking at what they COULD be dealing with. I can't really move to pc because we all play splitscreen (me, brother, and brothers gf). This laptop has a real small monitor and wasn't bought to be a gaming machine, so changing to pc isn't exactly an option. As a console player though, I have to look at all the pc users patch notes and content add-ons and then a month later finally told "this isn't what will become of consoles".

I don't necessarily think the pc users deserve less, but Trendy does need to take a break from pc's patches and content and whatever else to do something for the consoles for a change. Rocket us the gender swaps and patch, then go back to pc. If we had half of pc's content and patchwork, i'm sure we would be well enough busy on the game to keep us content until they can find a leveled field of "release pc content, consoles get two weeks later, release pc content, consoles get two weeks later". Not "release 20 things for pc, send the message to consoles that this isn't them, and won't be them, then give one overpriced DLC to them, with less content then the pc's equally priced version.

But yes, to all pc users, think about where console stands, and let up a little on the complaints. Your not as misfortunate as you think. I don't look forward to my monk auras going up in DU, but i do look forward to how it balances things after the buffs it gets.

I didin't bother reading everything. I just wanted to reply to the first post.

I can see where you're coming from, but COME ON. 3,99 for a DLC pack. 8,99 for a game.. 8,99 for a full DLC pack... that's prices like PC games never saw.

We used to pay like 30, 40, 50 euros for a game with 10 hours play time..... now we get a game like DD with HUNDREDS of hours of play time for 10 euros.. and an expansion for 9... that's mega cheap mate. Mega cheap.

We used to pay like 30, 40, 50 euros for a game with 10 hours play time..... now we get a game like DD with HUNDREDS of hours of play time for 10 euros.. and an expansion for 9... that's mega cheap mate. Mega cheap.

I've read that argument tons of times in this forum. It's all a matter of personal preference, not replayability, you don't have content for hundreds of hours in DD you just repeat the same thing over and over again, you could do the same in a 50 euros game.

Why is it wrong for Trendy to pursue profits OP? You want them to make the game have a higher initial cost, at the trade off where the updates and "dlc" are included and/or free. But you yourself admit that the DLC path theyve chosen makes more revenue compared to whatever it is you want. I see no problem with their choosing how they conduct their for-profit business since, by your own admission, is the better path.

Why is it wrong for Trendy to pursue profits OP? You want them to make the game have a higher initial cost, at the trade off where the updates and "dlc" are included and/or free. But you yourself admit that the DLC path theyve chosen makes more revenue compared to whatever it is you want. I see no problem with their choosing how they conduct their for-profit business since, by your own admission, is the better path.

If the DLC Came out tested, working and didnt require patches ABCDE after we all payed 4-10 dollars, things might not be so upsetting.

They are a small independent developer, these bugs like we experience will be the norm. I'm not excusing them, however, I have for more patience myself for bugs because I recognize this.

One day perhaps they can be large enough to afford more staff to only test - or have a beta server or something.

I totally agree that patches should be free but, to expect additional content to be free is frankly quite greedy, I know some companies do it but, if it doesn't generate revenue somehow, it's not sound business practice.

The lure of constant free updates would mean increased sales and word-of-mouth promotion.

Let me put it this way, a game that requires DLC to access updates has never had it's player-base grow after the DLC was introduced.

Conversely many games that have no DLC or only cosmetic DLC seem to grow by leaps and bounds after every update.

I can spend $30+ on DLC or I can gift the full game to 2-3 friends who may also do the same, think about it.

I don't really have a problem with DLC, but the way Trendy is bringing it made me a bit angry. From their posts I understood that,

- The expansion would only have a minor fee compared to the full game (since console's didn't allow free content). Instead it's 12 against a 15 game.
- Nightmare mode would be released free with Part 1
- The barbarian would be included into Part 1
- Part 1 would include 4 maps (not thinking it would be 1 map used 4 times)
- New genders would be free
- DLC won't give you an advantage over others (halloween, new heroes pack, eternia lost crystal expansion)

They might not have said it in that particular way, but that was what I understood from reading many of the dev posts. I ussually only figured out it was different the moment I saw them appear in the store. Prices also seemed very CoD, magicka alike.

2 for a slightly different mode on 4 unmodified maps already in the game.
4 for 4 skins with slightly different skills.

Love the original game and recommend it to friends, but Trendy could be a bit more open about their plans. I think I'll wait and see if the Eternia pack turns 75% during christmas.

Kinda foreseen this coming, if you preorder a year ago it was 9$, then it was 15$ because that was the Standard for Consoles, I dont know about Console DLC price, but I bet they want to standardize it because they dont want anyone to feel left out, have to wait and see when Consoles get this. If its 15.49 for them I wouldnt be surprised, to buy all the DLC for the PC right now its 15$. They also probably wanna do it more for PC since most of the buyers are playing it for the PC vs Consoles.

The lure of constant free updates would mean increased sales and word-of-mouth promotion.

Let me put it this way, a game that requires DLC to access updates has never had it's player-base grow after the DLC was introduced.

Im just curious where you glean your data showing that doing this, over their current business model, brings in more cash.

Im just curious where you glean your data showing that doing this, over their current business model, brings in more cash.

This isn't exactly what you are asking for but here is Gabe from 2009 talking about the free updates Team fortress 2 got (before it went free to play with the hat store)

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693342/live-blog-dice-2009-keynote-gabe-newell-valve-software/

[QUOTE]With Team Fortress 2, Valve shipped the game as a service and not a product. Valve uses "updates" to create more value for its customers. Updates can be bug fixes, new achievements, maps, and unlocks. There have been 63 updates to Team Fortress 2 since its release. This is also why the PC version is so much better than the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Time to look at the sales of Team Fortress 2 to see the impact of the updates on revenue. Holy s#!%. The sales spike by huge amounts everytime there's a sale or major update. Steam sales went up 106% after a free update. Player minutes went up by 105%. Gifting has thrown a 71% sales increase. Surprisingly, sales from retail stores also went up by 28%. Finally, it saw 75% increase in new users. Knock knock. Who's there? Steam. Steam who? Steam is so successful it hurts.[/QUOTE]

They still give lots of free updates to the game and make even more money from all the hats. (Maps are all free and there are lots of ways to get the gameplay affecting items without paying) Left 4 dead 2 and portal 2 are also getting free dlc updates nothing is paid besides costumes. Valve has all the data from how every game on steam sells so I think they would be very good at finding the best business model.

Can you find an example of a developer talking about how successful lots of small paid non-cosmetic dlc content is for their PC game? (not consoles)

To be clear, in addition the Updates themselves, we're going to continue to have a lot of free content going forwards as well (as we have since launch) -- they're called Events, and a pretty sweet one is coming up this week :)

So with DunDef, it's a combined approach.

Regards,
Jeremy

To be clear, in addition the Updates themselves, we're going to continue to have a lot of free content going forwards as well (as we have since launch) -- they're called Events, and a pretty sweet one is coming up this week :)

Regards,
Jeremy

Yup im liking this approach

Regards,
Jeremy

So all free content is going to come temporarily during a time-limited event?