I would like my resist back

There, I said it. Flame if you want, but read the next 5-6 lines before you do.

I'm starting to get sick of getting 1 shotted in the best possible resist that is achievable (READ: better gear will not make me survive).

I'm fine with the damage nerf of heroes, it is a tower defense game after all. I'll adapt.
I'm fine with the spiders. I'll adapt
I'm fine with the trap/aura nerf. I'll adapt.

I'm not fine with getting one shotted. Having an absolute useless hero sucks the fun out of the game for me. Please, make lvl 74 gear have the ability to reach the 90% resist on nightmare when fully upgraded and in set. (39% max resist without set bonus?)
I have decent WASD skills, but I cannot dodge ~10000 mob trough 40 minutes without making 14 mistakes.

*Off to sleep, 2:30 AM here*

There, I said it. Flame if you want, but read the next 5-6 lines before you do.

I'm starting to get sick of getting 1 shotted in the best possible resist that is achievable (READ: better gear will not make me survive).

I'm fine with the damage nerf of heroes, it is a tower defense game after all. I'll adapt.
I'm fine with the spiders. I'll adapt
I'm fine with the trap/aura nerf. I'll adapt.

I'm not fine with getting one shotted. Having an absolute useless hero sucks the fun out of the game for me. Please, make lvl 74 gear have the ability to reach the 90% resist on nightmare when fully upgraded and in set. (39% max resist without set bonus?)
I have decent WASD skills, but I cannot dodge ~10000 mob trough 40 minutes without making 14 mistakes.

*Off to sleep, 2:30 AM here*

1) It should be up to 62% now.
2) Set bonus is expected in nightmare. (78% maxed with set bonus)

[QUOTE]7.13c
* Cut Nightmare Spider HP by 33%
* Cut Spider Damage to Towers by 40%
* Cut Spider Webbing Entrapment Time on Heroes by 60% (a bug was actually making it much longer than it should have been for radial entrapment)
* Increased Nightmare Physical Tower Damage & HP by 25%
* Fixed issue where Legendary Defender Achievement was requiring the new Achievements, is not supposed to.
* Fixed LifeStream Hollow Uber Monster Fest Enemy Stuckages
* Knockback upgrading issue fixed
* Increased Player Armor Resistance multiplier from 40% to 65% in Nightmare[/QUOTE]

Also, there was this issue, in case you're having too far a reference point.
[QUOTE]7.13b
* Fixed Armor Resistances Bug
* Eliminated double-knockback momentum from elemental enemies[/QUOTE]

I think nightmare is what it should be. I tried to solo deeper well and failed after kiting an ogre for 10mins on wave 3. This game was thrown horribly out of balance by the rapid and unnecessary gear stat progression, so it's good to once again have a mode that people can't roflstomp.

The lowering of Resists was overkill imo. Cutting our DPS, more than half, was enough to force us to use Towers. Now being one shot by everything basically takes the Hero out of the game and just leaves Towers.

Let's take UMF for example. The nerf of the DPS was enough to make it so we would have to rely on Towers more. What good is it lowering our resists on top of that? I don't understand, at all, why they would take away our resists and just tack on more HP.

Yeah we're gonna keep sliding the Hero Resistance in Nightmare back up until it feels gooooood. It may still be too low in 7.13c as well. Bear in mind Nightmare is a kind of evolving mode, and that your early access to it allows us to refine it over time and arrive at the perfect state for it by the time all the Eternia Shards Parts are released (and at that point including all the Eternia Shards mobs, eachof which will alter the balance ;) ).

-Jer

Yeah we're gonna keep sliding the Hero Resistance in Nightmare back up until it feels gooooood. It may still be too low in 7.13c as well. Bear in mind Nightmare is a kind of evolving mode, and that your early access to it allows us to refine it over time and arrive at the perfect state for it by the time all the Eternia Shards Parts are released (and at that point including all the Eternia Shards mobs, eachof which will alter the balance ;) ).

-Jer

There you have it, TE has finally admitted that we're beta testers. 90% resistance isn't going to do much just enable it already. either that or nerf your damn spiders or the dmg of all enemies more, it's not even fun... never been this pissed off after playing a game before
1 hit from a standard orc and I lose 80% hp... 20k hp in on hit, your reasoning for releasing it like this is just stupid.

-Jer

Yeey, cheers.

@Kryn
* Increased Player Armor Resistance multiplier from 40% to 65% in Nightmare
This wasn't in the patch note when I wrote this :)

Please, make lvl 74 gear have the ability to reach the 90% resist on nightmare when fully upgraded and in set. (39% max resist without set bonus?)

I disagree here.

I would much rather TE do what they did in 7.13c then put out a patch that allows people to upgrade to 39% resists on armor pieces.

I don't want to farm/trade for a great armor piece, fully upgrade it, then find out that it's junk because the max resists has been moved to 39%.

I disagree here.

I would much rather TE do what they did in 7.13c then put out a patch that allows people to upgrade to 39% resists on armor pieces.

I don't want to farm/trade for a great armor piece, fully upgrade it, then find out that it's junk because the max resists has been moved to 39%.

It is mythical -> min level 74,
Easy to figure out.

There you have it, TE has finally admitted that we're beta testers. 90% resistance isn't going to do much just enable it already. either that or nerf your damn spiders or the dmg of all enemies more, it's not even fun... never been this pissed off after playing a game before
1 hit from a standard orc and I lose 80% hp... 20k hp in on hit, your reasoning for releasing it like this is just stupid.

Seriously? We have EARLY access to NM. Did you honestly expect it to be polished before it was ready for mainstream release? You've been around a while, you should know the deal by now.

Seems kinda righteous that it's evolving imo, never the same game twice? :-P

But seriously, it doesn't bug me in anyway shape or form how it is now, or how it will be tomorrow, or how it will be the day after. All I care is some sort of end to stat insanity.

Other then that... do your worst.

:)

Seems kinda righteous that it's evolving imo, never the same game twice? :-P

But seriously, it doesn't bug me in anyway shape or form how it is now, or how it will be tomorrow, or how it will be the day after. All I care is some sort of end to stat insanity.

Other then that... do your worst.

:)

That's why I have my loot thread. The truth is it's for very personal reasons.

It's so I know when to stop because my gear is "good enough". XD

I hope they level it out after this. Especially with Nightmare. I think the mechanics of Nightmare lend themselves well to not needing to keep pushing the stat envelope each expansion, as strategy and effort do more than sheer numbers (NOT THAT YOU'LL SURVIVE WITHOUT THE NUMBERS)

It is mythical -> min level 74,
Easy to figure out.

I don't get what you're saying. I'm already getting Mythical pieces and I don't want to waste time upgrading them if the max resists cap is going to change. I don't want to upgrade my armor to 29% and find out 2 days later that I can put more points into it and upgrade it to 39%.

Geez, every post from you is more and more b****ing. Starting to doubt you have a RL wife and you just made her up. Any time "early access" is included in a product, l2intepret it as beta testing.

DERP!

it's simple : they have taken inspiration from diablo where you'd get in nightmare mode and loose x amount of resist. But they forgot that in diablo you could higher than 100% resist, and much more variety in resist gear. So eventually you could get geared enough to compesate.

where as in Dungeon defenders, you can cap your damage resistance very easily with any kind of gear, and when you reach cap you're nowhere near enough to make any difference in damage mitigation.

it's simple : they have taken inspiration from diablo where you'd get in nightmare mode and loose x amount of resist. But they forgot that in diablo you could higher than 100% resist, and much more variety in resist gear. So eventually you could get geared enough to compesate.

where as in Dungeon defenders, you can cap your damage resistance very easily with any kind of gear, and when you reach cap you're nowhere near enough to make any difference in damage mitigation.

yeah atm tbh I'm not really enjoying DD. I am working thru it slowly but overall it just isn't fun. Ah well a slow steady grind is due today

^This

They upped the resist, I have 76% now, but 400 hero hp adept dies from a single hit still.
Decided to just scratch my hero adept, and make her spec tower.
This way I can "easily" farm first 2 wave of UMF, if ogres don't start to jacko dance back and forth.