Naightmare mode, How?

I just tried doing Alch Labs on Nightmare and I am just baffled as how you could beat that.

I don't have weak characters by any means my hunter have 400+ tower damage and my monk has 500+ tower damage. Other tower stats for both are over 200. My squire has 550+ tower health. I play an adept as my combat character. I have about 350 player damage and a 71 upgrade weapon. Was doing about 540K DPS on dummy by using the click macro. I was able to solo UMF with out to much trouble. So I think I am fairly well built up.

I set up lit aura, ensnare, prox, inferno, and a spike at each of the 4 ways in. And cover both spikes with str drains. I have about 12500 health here on nightmare mode and my shots hit for about 5K each. So 6 times as much health and a 6th of my normal damage. I make it past the first 2 waves just fine getting most stuff up to level 1 or 2. The prox mines in particular as on any other difficulty my prox mines start at 50 some charges and on nightmare they start at 15.

But then the 3rd wave comes around and the ogres start. And I just have no idea what to do with them. My spikes do last a good while against them but if 2 go to the same spot it will not survive with out repairs. And neither will the prox mine. And that is the hard part repairing is nearly impossible on nightmare. The moment you stop moving to do so you have 5 spiders coming at you. If you get hit by a web you might as well just die. You attack so slow that you can't keep the spiders at bay let alone help against the ogres. And the web last so long that and you move so slow that it is nearly impossible to avoid getting hit again and being chain slowed for ever. Not to mention you can't do anything like repair or my beloved instant upgrade while hit by the webs. So a quick death so you can come back sooner seems to be the best way to go.

And then you have the ogres hitting the spikes, they have such an enormous swing range that as far as I can tell you can not repair a spike blockade with from outside their swing range. A prox mine or aura yes you can as they have a bigger footprint. But for me to even get in there have lived long enough to gather the mana, and to have enough time to hit the key and target the spike before the ogre takes a swing and kills me to even get in an instant upgrade is rather far and few between. And normally that is death right there. Some times I get lucky and 1 hit from an ogre who is in a str drain aura by the way, is not enough to kill me. But most of the time it is. Oh and I do have max physical resist of course.

So all that said I did manage to get through the normal waves after about 6 tries. I had a few things go down on the later waves, but was able to some how pull it off. But then the boss shows up. And he has 13,500,000 health. Sure he gets stunned by the overcharged tower things. But that is only about 10 seconds of DPS. I can get some hits in the rest of the time but have to keep a lot more distance as he has a big attack range and of course one shots me.

Now if it was just him that would be one thing. I could probably dance around and keep him off my spikes and get him down before my defenses got over run. Even here I did manage to get him down about 2 million health. But it is not just him you have to worry about. You have tons and tons of spiders after you constantly. I spent more time killing them than I did shooting him. Had to make sure they were cleared out well enough that when he got stunned I would be able to get in some actual damage on him.

Now if it was just the spiders and him along with all the normal trash coming that the defenses are there for it would be really hard but I think with a few tries I could get it. But that is not all you are dealing with. There are ogres still coming. Ogres during a boss fight? Seriously? How are you supposed to deal with that? If I just leave the ogre to beat down my spikes and use up all the charges on my traps and as I said with out some repairs they can't last for more than 1 ogre. How in the world am I supposed to do this? I could spend all my time keeping the defenses up to deal with the ogres but then would have no time on the boss.

So in conclusion really what I am asking for is ideas on what I can do to try and manage this? Any ideas from those out that that have pulled it off?

Str Drain, Snare, Elec at middle as usual. Same as the back. Don't bother with Heal since you'll get one shotted 99% of the time anyway. Proxy mines everywhere. This map is doable solo on Nightmare, did it a while back.

Nightmare isn't meant to be solo'd.

Nightmare isn't ment to be completed
At least not where you have lives to watch out for.

Playing with more people does not seem to help i. Was trying with a DPS squire friend. He had 75K hp but would still die rather easy. Yeah having people to all put out stuff and stay on that character might help a bit. But they would need to have some points in player stats at least. And that would counter act some of the benefit of being on the character as apposed to having my alts with higher stats.

And having more people just means more enemies. I can try to swap the auras around in front and back to just use 1 set. Even more than on survival the little guys are nothing. Only the spiders and ogres seem to matter, so a few more towers or something might help take those ogres out faster.

Any other ideas out there?

My resist are 90% all, hero atk 1001, hero hp (forgot the number but in game it's around 30k)
My katana does 1.5m damage on dummy with bloodrage. Which this set, I still can't farm UMF Nightmare.
Not even Monster Fest (The Non-DLC map).. My fairy heals at 1.1 dps and still can't survive from orges..

My resist are 90% all, hero atk 1001, hero hp (forgot the number but in game it's around 30k)
My katana does 1.5m damage on dummy with bloodrage. Which this set, I still can't farm UMF Nightmare.
Not even Monster Fest (The Non-DLC map).. My fairy heals at 1.1 dps and still can't survive from orges..

Hmm..

Ohlol