Spider web from DLC?...really broken?

Ok, not only is it extremely annoying, frustrating and tiring, it's also half broken.

When I saw it at first I thought oh wow, this is really cool and interesting, some new mechanic here this is good.
Got to the last waves and just thought...how did this get past the development stage?

Ok so the spider web, stacks? You get hit by it you can barely move, you can't attack fast enough to defend yourself and all of your abilities are disabled...you essentially can't do anything.

You wait for the web to turn off but you get hit by another spider and another and another and it never goes away, the only thing I could do with my squire is block and that was pointless because more spiders would be shooting web at me at later waves.

I fought the BOSS and it was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in this game so far. The Spider Queen spams the web every so many shots which you can dodge if you circle her but she shoots a wide Arc. If you ever get hit by JUST ONE of these, she shoots them so frequently that you can't get it off. That's not the worst part though,t he worst part is the spammed spiders everywhere so you get hit by them more frequently than you do with the boss and once you hit, it's faster to sit there and DIE because you can't do anything than it is to wait for the web to come off, which it doesn't because it stacks.

So the web hits you, it reapplies the same debuff to you and it even stacks making the web larger and longer for it to come off. Why on earth is this an actual mechanic to the game?

Why not make it so it hits you once and there is a cooldown before the debuff can be replied?

Oh and another thing...why is it that some web lasts for 3 seconds and some web lasts for 10 seconds? It makes waiting all that more annoying when suddenly it decides to last 3 times as long.

I honestly don't see how trying to fight this boss was fun at all being webbed through 90% of it. I killed her on easy but seriously, unless your a huntress with super speed shooting from across the map or apprentice I don't see how any of the melee classes can sit through this.

EDIT since people just shout "get better and strategy":

I did change my tower placements and tactics, I'm not stupid otherwise spiders would just attack my points from behind. The reason I'm complaining is that the spider web completely disables your character if you're melee and not very fast. So I try to fight a whole bunch of spiders or I try to fight the boss and I just can't move I can't do anything and no matter how many towers I place down in different locations that won't change. I have a sword that does about 12k dps and it's pointless because I try to fight the boss and it's going well until so many spiders have spawned that I can't move. I am playing as a Solo Squire so DO NOT suggest to me ways on how to put down trap's aura's and everything because I shouldn't have to change class because the spider's spam disabling web that means you can't move.

I really hope for the sake of my moniter and window that they completely remove the webs.

Jesus Christ I nearly burst a fu*%$ing vein trying to do this new content.

Quote from another thread :
[QUOTE]Received an app guard and various loots from them during the level. This new DLC requires me to rethink my strategies and aura/trap placings to deal with the spiders and I absolutely love the new challenge[/QUOTE]

Stop the QQ. Get better.

I haven't gotten any good loot yet, but I'm quite happy to be rethinking my strategies. The new level provides a lot of DU, but it's because you need it, and that's good.

Quote from another thread :

Stop the QQ. Get better.

So your advice is to switch to a huntress or monk DPS class that have traps and aura's because that's "rethinking" as a squire? You're not very bright and considering this game isn't just for hardcore players with the best gear and there is a clear flaw with how the spider web works, i'll QQ all I want until it's fixed.

I did rethink my strategies actually, all my towers and everything had to be placed in different positions but the complaint is how having too many spiders and too much web just completely disables your character, no matter how many towers I put down and I need to move while fighting the boss, there aren't enough defence units to deal with standard mobs, spiders disabling everything and myself and trying to fight a boss which also disables me. Plus I'm playing solo.

Spiders make it so that we have to rethink how we build our defenses is all... the same strats wont work as before!!

You're not very bright thinkin i was talkin only of auras and traps. The dude i quoted from probably mostly use traps and auras, what about some mage towers / squire poons or bouncers to take care of those spiders ? Theres so much ways to do it, use your brain and try another strat.

Edit : "Not enough DU" ... i had around 40 DU left after blocking the 4 paths , couple mage towers for the two wyvern paths lets you enough DU to do something about the spiders.

Only using Squire towers is fail, indeed. Use other classes towers to be more efficient and use less DU.

You're not very bright thinkin i was talkin only of auras and traps. The dude i quoted from probably mostly use traps and auras, what about some mage towers / squire poons or bouncers to take care of those spiders ? Theres so much ways to do it, use your brain and try another strat.

You're argument was a unsigned quote from somewhere so I replied to it, why don't you start thinking for yourself then instead of posting a useless quote, telling someone to get better then disregarding your own quote. Good job bright one "I'm right because I quoted a guy who uses traps and enjoyed the changes so you should get better".

You think I can create bouncers all over the place as a Squire? You even played the map yet? They spawn everywhere and stack up, bouncers can't just solve that and you still have to deal with your normal defences so I start putting bouncers all over the map, i'll lose to standard mobs. Like I said I'm squire, don't use mage towers now do I and don't suggest that I should switch just because of these spiders.

Well I dont realy mind the spiders or the skill. I just think there should be like a silent cooldown so after you get hit by 1 web. duration +1 or +2 secs immunity to not kill the melee part of this game?

I mean it still doable but its just rediculus how long you stay webbed with 6-7 spiders around you. I guess its not that bad if you play ranged but as melee its just...

I dunno. I guess Il either get a huntress or a ranged weap for the monk because melee is just...

Bouncers get shot from afar and made useless, app towers get ambushed from behind AND webbed.

Towers are USELESS against spiders. Again, I stacked 6 MM towers, with at least 2 able to defend any other tower in the group from spiders, and they were still overcome by 2 spiders landing behind the 1 in a corner webbing it, while the other spider beat on another one which now only had 1 tower able to defend it and the one he was attacking and webbing made the one in the corner only had 1 to defend it. Spiders having... 20k hp(?) was able to kill those towers and by the time they died, MORE spiders came up and just ransacked my towers who were also having to shoot at wyvren.

Spiders are broken. The boss was a joke too. Your damage is cut in half until she opens her crystal, and if your shot by the boss or any of the 20 spiders running around, your damage is cut in half AND your attack speed and your movement. 6-7 million hp just became 21 million for solo play. Lets not forget her running towards one of your choke points right from the start pushing towers out of the way.

The only way ive been able to get to the boss wave and finish alch nightmare mode mixed mode surv waves, is... you guessed it, doing the same ive been doing all along. Traps and auras. using towers is suicide. Cutting tower HP is also overkill on the "difficulty" btw.

This DLC added nothing but a crutch for difficulty.

Bouncers get shot from afar and made useless, app towers get ambushed from behind AND webbed.

Towers are USELESS against spiders. Again, I stacked 6 MM towers, with at least 2 able to defend any other tower in the group from spiders, and they were still overcome by 2 spiders landing behind the 1 in a corner webbing it, while the other spider beat on another one which now only had 1 tower able to defend it and the one he was attacking and webbing made the one in the corner only had 1 to defend it. Spiders having... 20k hp(?) was able to kill those towers and by the time they died, MORE spiders came up and just ransacked my towers who were also having to shoot at wyvren.

Spiders are broken. The boss was a joke too. Your damage is cut in half until she opens her crystal, and if your shot by the boss or any of the 20 spiders running around, your damage is cut in half AND your attack speed and your movement. 6-7 million hp just became 21 million for solo play. Lets not forget her running towards one of your choke points right from the start pushing towers out of the way.

Finally a half decent post and I agree, most of my towers that I placed around just to counter the spiders were countered themselves because spiders would shoot from ledges, around corners, spam ontop of them and just slightly go past the arc while in some tiny corner they've found.

As soon as your webbed you're basically dead or you might as well be, I don't see how these mechanics are suppose to be fun though? I mean really, you design something challenging, interesting, new, fair or what ever but the spiders just feel so...what's the word...poorly designed? Like they were thrown in without some proper testing.

My harpoon towers can't even shoot half of the spiders, I've watched as harpoon towers have shot right into a spider walking towards them to just watch the arrow fly past them because they're too small, so they just crawl towards them and find their weak spots. My bouncer turrets got swarmed by the constantly spammed spiders and because it was slowed it was destroyed by both melee and web ranged attacks and the only thing that helped was my spinning blades but they aren't cost effective and against the boss I couldn't afford to put more than 1 down without damaging the turrets that were suppose to be stopping the normal mobs but were all webbed up instead.

Perhaps making a mechanic whereas you spam the jump key in order to remove the web faster. :/

I agree. I was in rage mode while fighting the spider queen and being shot by web takes you out of any buff's your in and leaves you standing there. I thought maybe activating rage mode would make my squire break out of the web but he couldn't do that or any other ability...there should be something to get you out of it because I tried blocking as well and well, he was blocking the web and still being roped into it so he was just stuck there.

You're argument was a unsigned quote from somewhere so I replied to it, why don't you start thinking for yourself then instead of posting a useless quote, telling someone to get better then disregarding your own quote. Good job bright one "I'm right because I quoted a guy who uses traps and enjoyed the changes so you should get better".

You think I can create bouncers all over the place as a Squire? You even played the map yet? They spawn everywhere and stack up, bouncers can't just solve that and you still have to deal with your normal defences so I start putting bouncers all over the map, i'll lose to standard mobs. Like I said I'm squire, don't use mage towers now do I and don't suggest that I should switch just because of these spiders.

Where the **** did i tell you to create bouncers all over the place. Placing em right youd only need 3 or 4. And again, using 1 tower character only is fail. So if your not planning on makin new tower characters, make yourself some friends and dont play solo.

EDIT : So i guess bouncers are useless VS spiders, once again, auras/traps win.

Spiders make it so that we have to rethink how we build our defenses is all... the same strats wont work as before!!

in order words, if you're a dps class fighting spiders, you're screwed. so no dps classes anymore. even on easy-hard, spider webs stacking so you cant move or shoot is pretty stupid. couldnt imagine it on nightmare. you get hit by 1 spider and you're dead. oh but wait huntress can piercing shot their way out. OH WAIT AGAIN 4 second cooldown so if a dew charges while you're webbed, you're screwed. damn beta testing.

It does seem quite untested.

My favorite bug so far is that spider web can hit you IN PURE STRATEGY MODE :)
Spider pathing seems to be quite buggy as well - maybe it was always bad, but random spawning makes it highly visible. Like spiders being unable to get around crystal in Magus Quarters if they spawn right behind it.

Hate Web, really wish they would just remove it, or at least make it a melee attack, last I checked spiders didnt throw web around outside of comicbooks.

Stop trying to solo the hardest content in the game maybe? Just throwing this out there. If it's too challenging for you, stick to easier difficulties/levels until you are geared for it.

Hate Web, really wish they would just remove it, or at least make it a melee attack, last I checked spiders didnt throw web around outside of comicbooks.

And maybe games? Last time I checked Ogres didn't exist, nor elves, nor dark elves, etc...your logic is flawed.

stop QQing find a strat ! i always stand on a prox trap when the boss is here so litte spider die and i can kill the boss !

Four things...

First, the boss does not stand still for me

Second, The boss shoots you in the face with an attack that reduces your damage dealt.

Third, proxy trap doesnt stop the spiders from lobbing webs at you from 30 ft away. 20+ spiders PLUS the spider queens multi shot = one of hell dance to keep up for 6 million hp of which, as I said, is more like 20 million with all the damage reduc/attack speed going on.

FOURTH, youre still suggesting TRAPS when we already said thats the only way to play with spiders. How bout you read before looking like an idiot next time?

Now I havent tried it yet, but poison resist BETTER reduce chance of web ensnare occurring, as well as reduce duration. Cause once one web hits you, its GG, as youre just chain webbed.

i dont mind it but the fact it stacks is annoying, like you said when you get to the boss not only does she fire webs she spawns mini yellow spiders that fire webs along with the big beefy spiders that jump down you can hardly move when this stacks it is a *****

Rethink defense placement

Translation:

Use auras and traps instead of towers, until they nerf them.

(Think proxy traps already got stealth nerfed in nightmare though)