Lack of upgrades between insane and nightmare

I don't want nightmare nerfed. I wanted a chance to get decent gear to deal with the increased hardness. The gear I'm finding on insane isn't cutting it. Can't do UMF. But everything else doesn't seem to match up. Insane for me is getting a little boring and easy. So I wanted an extra challenge. Nightmare mode doesn't seem like it is the extra challenge I was looking for.

I heard after spending 5 hours in survivor I would find some good loot but I don't have time to do a complete run. My play time is normally about 1.5 hours maxed at a single time. I thought I was buying a casual game. It was casual up to a point then suddenly they pulled the casual part of it out from under me.

I know hardcare players don't care about this thread so they can flame away as they wish. I don't want to quit playing. I really don't. However... I'm not getting much choice if things aren't changed or if I find out that I'm wrong and I can progress with the time I have.

If you have built some tower build heros, you could try slowly progress through insane UMF, you beat some waves, get tons of mana from it and get some upgrades. I dont see really there any more direct approach to enter nightmare. Its fast paced and doesnt take same amount of time as mix mode, can be done in shorter sittings. But cant offer silverbullet for you, unless ofc just try get lucky and buy good gear through shops or some team takes you in, carry and gear you up.

I agree. I find it hilarious that you get no stat items worth 100 mana for doing deeper well on nightmare even though it is way more of a challenge than hard glitter and many insane maps. I'm sure there is some impressive loot on the later levels of nightmare but you don't stand much of a chance unless you have heavily farmed UMF which at the moment is only doable with UMF gear or wave 20-25 survival and mix mode gear.

For me it seems nightmare even on deeper wells needs top end super loot in every slot to even stand a chance. I have some pretty decent gear from insane umf but still slaughtered while in a full group with mostly umf gear as well.

The reason nightmare is so hard is mainly because the spiders are so damn overpowered it isn't even funny. And combined with the no resistance bug, (which thankfully is getting fixed) if you get hit by even 1 web you are pretty much guaranteed dead. And to top it off, on the 1 core maps there are so many piled on the crystal that if you die even once it is almost impossible not to die again, they start shooting you before the spawn animation is even over and then you die seconds later.

Im fine with them reducing stats for nightmare and im fine with spiders in general but for the love of god cut the slow and duration from spiders in at least half. As it is now you might as well just not let us attack or move at all when we are webbed. The number of spiders needs to be lowered as well, the first couple waves on alch labs on nightmare has more spiders than mobs from all doors combined. (only managed to beat first 2 waves with full group)

To do UMF you must do UMF its simple really. Once you get past wave 1 you are set on your UMF path.

As far ad nightmare goes, yeah its supposed to be well a nightmare to do. I think they got this right on.

I like working in groups. It is what I brought this game for. I don't like changing out players so I can solo places with my alt's building towers. It makes it more like work. My idea of a good evening is to sit down with a group of friends or random people and play a little bit. Hopefully we'd get one or two upgrades along the way. It is hurtful when we do Summit on Insane and don't get any upgrades. Sure... I could dump tons of mana in raising my res and dps but I'm not sure some of the more core players are realizing how much mana that takes and how long it takes to get to this.

Here is what I would prefer. I would prefer there to be things for hardcore players UMF(nightmare) currently that holds the best gear for the hard core players. But it would be nice to see the first few ways of UMF(insane) to drop on the later levels of the other more casual maps like summit insane. Then I could maybe get 1 upgrade every other run and work my way towards nightmare where it would be possible to get the first few ways of UMF(nightmare) on the last few ways of a normal nightmare map. I'd still getting decent gear and I wouldn't have to complete UMF to get to it. I really think UMF is geared toward a more serious gamer than what I what I want to be. They work harder for it so they should get the icing on the cake. But why can't the more casual maps offer cake minus the icing?

I don't think nightmare deeper well is the follow up path to insane glitterhelm, just as insane deeper well isn't a followup to hard glitterhelm.

I play Deeper Well solo on insane mix mode survival and I still don't see one green until about level 19 or 20. And my gear isn't even that good. 250-300 on my main stats. Why do you think you should be able to play the easiest level on Nightmare, and get armor that is better than anything in the game, on level 1? The reason no one plays Deeper Well is because the gear is garbage. I don't see much of a change from that in the new patch.

Why is there so much QQ from people that haven't beat regular maps yet they jump from easy deeper wells to nightmare umf then cry. I don't understand, there's new challenges, the game is harder now on those modes and some new map, contents. You haven't beaten them yet but rather QQ before anything.

There is a reason its nightmare mode, extremely difficult but not impossible.

You want to jump into a sport and become one of the top athletes yet you haven't done anything but speculate and maybe swung a bat or shot a few points worth of hoop versus 7 year. You then cry that its too easy to play against 7 year olds; so you tried playing against the professionals and got your arse wooped. Cried more because its too hard QQ.

Stop QQing, and start pew pew'n (on easy).

Maybe they should add an option for the game to play itself. People are too lazy these days on everything, physically and mentally. Just need their diapers changed for them and everything handed.

Stop being babies.

I don't think nightmare deeper well is the follow up path to insane glitterhelm, just as insane deeper well isn't a followup to hard glitterhelm.

I think about my diablo 2 days, where years ago when you began nightmare mode, and then hell mode, how each act presented that higher difficulty, but also with appropriate reward gear. Some junk would fall to the ground, but you would still mf decent gear, too. With respect to that, Trendy has not implemented a decent drop system, as of yet, and I hope they make some changes in this area.

I play Deeper Well solo on insane mix mode survival and I still don't see one green until about level 19 or 20. And my gear isn't even that good. 250-300 on my main stats. Why do you think you should be able to play the easiest level on Nightmare, and get armor that is better than anything in the game, on level 1? The reason no one plays Deeper Well is because the gear is garbage. I don't see much of a change from that in the new patch.
yeah, but its soo much harder than most of 12e content you'll have to struggle through, but nothing is worth picking up and the mana is a pitance. So the gateway to the harder maps isnt the easiest, but the broken umf progression path. trendy swings, trendy misses

I think about my diablo 2 days, where years ago when you began nightmare mode, and then hell mode, how each act presented that higher difficulty, but also with appropriate reward gear. Some junk would fall to the ground, but you would still mf decent gear, too. With respect to that, Trendy has not implemented a decent drop system, as of yet, and I hope they make some changes in this area.

To do that they would need to completely revamp the difficulties of easy, medium, hard, and insane, which would be an undertaking I wouldn't even think of doing without implementing some sort of server wipe, due to the necessary changes to items involved.