Nightmare mode quitting - while I wait for a nerf

Go play insane. It's fine.

Spiders are not exactly hard if you have a few proxies.

Hey guys,

After 1 solid hour of testing nightmare modes.

I've decided to quit while I wait for a nerf on all levels.

Let me explain.

I have the BEST gear, I have the BEST setups and as I'm aware you can't expect insane builds to hold on nightmare granted this is just insane.

You CAN'T solo any level, if you die you get camped by spiders ( which then don't allow you to attack ) 1 shot from any mob will 1 shot kill you.

We managed, to get to wave 11 of halloween nightmare but spiders were over come us.

If my friends and I can't do this I hate what the majority of the public will think...

Nightmare is there to be INSANELY HARD - most games, in nightmare mode will ONE SHOT YOU anyway this is not my complaint, my complaint is we have the best gear and the best setups but still manage to get 1-2 waves in uber fest nightmare mode.

500 hp aura's drop within seconds, traps with 400 hp - 800 damage does nothing.

Dose anyone share this fustration because how I see it, I can't improve my gear by running nightmare simply because it's IMPOSSIBLE to do so.

I expect more hacking, more cheating in the next coming days to combat this feet.

This is only my 2 cents, I'm not raging at trendy or the game dev's I'm simply saying that at the moment it's impossible to do so.

Luke

so to get this straight, you gave up after trying something for 1 hour? you are bound to have a tough time in life with that attitude

ive been playing nightmare, yes it is incredibly difficult but did you ever think it is supposed to be? what the hell would the point be if you could overcome the new difficulty of nightmare mode after 1 hour of playing it.

I don't actually see a problem with maps that are so hard - read "bad" or even "broken" if you like - that they can only be done by the skin of your teeth, and only every once in a while at that, because this game had no variability.

I've been playing Payday: The Heist while waiting for more DD stuff to do, and in that game, mobs are random as hell, so you cant just play the same way, but in DD, you can play again and again and eventually get a working system that work 9/10.

People wanted harder. Apparently that's what they got. If everybody was farming the maps a day after they come out, it would be rather pointless. I'm pretty sure it will take at least TWO days.

I'm guessing that "Suicide" difficulty will be next.

We managed, to get to wave 11 of halloween nightmare but spiders were over come us.

If my friends and I can't do this I hate what the majority of the public will think...

Halloween is a hard map. You have mythic gear already? No?

Well then what are you complaining about? If you had beat it that fast it would mean it's way too easy.

so to get this straight, you gave up after trying something for 1 hour? you are bound to have a tough time in life with that attitude

ive been playing nightmare, yes it is incredibly difficult but did you ever think it is supposed to be? what the hell would the point be if you could overcome the new difficulty of nightmare mode after 1 hour of playing it.

Exactly. OP is incredibly short sighted.

Maybe a dumb question, but what makes you think you'd be able to farm nightmare mode maps the day it releases? Have you tried for instance, Deeper Wells, Forges and Foundries, etc?

What makes you think it would be any different from how the game started off in that you'll need to farm the early maps a bit for gear to have a shot at things like UMF, Summit and Halloween maps on Nightmare?

That's cute. Those maps are tough but beatable, but hey, guess what, they still drop trash equips. Haven't seen anything with more than 20 ups. So how are we supposed to -progress- exactly? I'm willing to bet that "mythical" quality items will still only drop in the game's hardest maps - UMF, glitter, spook, etc.

That's cute. Those maps are tough but beatable, but hey, guess what, they still drop trash equips. Haven't seen anything with more than 20 ups. So how are we supposed to -progress- exactly? I'm willing to bet that "mythical" quality items will still only drop in the game's hardest maps - UMF, glitter, spook, etc.

And you would be wrong. Ever hear of survival?

That's cute, you really think you'd be able to just jump into UMF, Glitter, Spook, etc an hour after the DLC releases? Maybe you should look around, you get mythical loot drops from the boss on Alch Labs. I'm willing to bet the new campaign mission boss and level probably drop pretty good gear too on Insane.

If you really thought you were going to have mythical quality items on farm mode hours after Nightmare mode released then you obviously had no idea what Nightmare mode was supposed to be...

I'll even be nice, look on the PC Patch Notes forum, you'll find an interesting Alch Lab thread you might want to read ;)

If you really thought you'd be farming the hardest maps in the game on Nightmare the day it released without getting your arse handed to you repeatedly, then not sure what to say, you obviously missed the whole point of why Nightmare mode was released then.

Am i the only one who lol'd at this?

Yes. He's talking about statpoints, not actual hp or dmg. Derp...

Nightmare was made to be hard and team oriented. Do not think that you can just jump in with good gear and be able to solo it like insane.

Tl;dr
It is not intended to be soloable