I can't be the only one who's upset with how this game has progressed....

Who remembers grinding Deeper Well on insane to level up your characters and friends? Before any DLC was released, who remembers doing the challenges on insane to get the best items in the game? You didn't need a decked out character to complete the challenges, you needed some strategy and maybe a friend. There was a pretty well done sense of progression. I felt more and more powerful as I leveled up and did harder and harder challenges.

UMF was released, and it put a massive emphasis on having high hero DPS. Having higher DPS meant you could farm UMF faster, which meant you could have more mana and godly drops, faster. Yes, I know there is always MM, but you cannot tell me that farming MM will yield more mana than farming UMF. UMF was clearly the way to go if you wanted to be at the top of this game.

I won't even bother reiterating on the broken 7.12 uber loot incident that was handled so poorly. All I will say is that I have spent the past week or so farming mana and upgrading my weapons and armor so I could even attempt to complete UMF on insane. This involved finding a good 70^ weapon, and upgrading all my armor to have 29 resists. I even starting upgrading a Fairy I found so I could have more survivability in UMF.

Now, you release some more DLC which I regret buying. It seems to put emphasis on towers.

I have gotten the short end of the stick too many times already in this game. I missed my chance to have broken uber loot from UMF. I spent the last week painfully farming Glitterhelm on hard so I could buy and upgrade a weapon. Now you release some poorly tested DLC for more than HALF the price of the GAME, and expect me to eat it all up? Why do my characters have 15k hp? Why does everything one shot me through my almost perfect resistances and 15k hp? Why does my fully upgraded fairy heal me for 21 per tick in this DLC? Why is my SHOP WIPED? Why should I even bother playing a melee hero if I fall over dead when a spider sneezes on me? Why does UMF suddenly seem 2x more difficult?

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I feel like I'm playing hop scotch on solid ice. What the hell are you doing, Trendy?
To get the best loot in the game, you have to have SUPER HIGH DPS AND RESISTANCES. Just kidding! Those stats are almost worthless, now you need super high TOWER STATS to get the best loot in the game. What happens when I spend the next week getting my tower stats up? Are you going to release more DLC that not only gives better loot, but puts emphasis back on hero stats?

I hope this DLC I just bought gets patched. I'm not even going to bother playing because I smell a rollback coming (because of the shop wipe).

Ummm, to be completely honest, you should get some tower-specced armour (as in: keep both sets). If you want to restat your hero, there's an option to do this in the tavern...
I personally prefer having multiple heroes, this makes swapping between them possible, even during the game (in build phase, that is).

Also, slightly offtopic - what do people consider to be "uber tower stats"? My apprentice has like +550 tower damage stat, but honestly, this doesn't impress DEWs nor ogres much...

I'm sorry, Some of you aren't going to like the comparison. But have you ever heard of an MMO in your life kid? Were you possibly born after the year 2005? This game progresses because people DO level up to 70 and get all the gear. Sorry you don't have the time to play as much as others to get your UBER LEET GEAR lololol. But neither do I and I don't ***** about it. Infact, I believe there is a reason perhaps as to why you can play dps or towers. Maybe it's because you need BOTH. Stop playing this game singleplayer and whining about it. Get a solid group with one man on towers, two DPS and a support monk and go get your gear. No one wants to hear you Q_Q about it bud. Especially considering you apparently are completely unaware of the idea that HIGH END CONTENT is what the standard MMO's today are about. Or wait no, lets just cease to progress the game at all. You get to be level 70 for the next year, get all the best loot, and we'll wait until you catch up before we get anything more than the standard package. Boo freakin hoo dude. Boo, freaking...hoo

That's odd, It acts like one? I mean what do you want me to say lol, if it plays like one, and feels like one, and acts like one, Should we simply just come up with a new name? NMMO? Not massively multiplayer...Online?

OP is unhappy when emphasis in placed on heroes.

OP is unhappy when emphasis is placed on towers.

OP is unhappy.

I think the game is progressing nicely.

In fact, it's made even less TD oriented since the spiders simply wreck anything that isn't a trap/aura on Nightmare.

Thanks to diminishing returns on tower stats as opposed to weapon damage the game has become way more DPS oriented then tower oriented. an uber weapon will give me more damage every upgrade, diminishing returns means uber tower stat armor does very little. No amount of farming UMF or nightmare anything will ever get me 100k+ DPS towers.

With every update the new weapons mean i can do 100k DPS! then 250k! then 350k! for towers i get like 2-3k more DPS from my towers......

If the game is progressing back towards a proper tower defense, I am happy to hear that. Quite frankly I found the emphasis on hero DPS to be a bit too much on the action RPG side. I do, however, agree that the back and forth needs to stop. Trendy is a new company, but at some point even new drivers learn to stop consistently over-correcting every time they need to adjust their path.

I started playing the game less when it became so much more about gathering million upon millions of mana from a single stage or two. Feel like work now. Not so much about fun.

The moment I start up the game and get into a round to get some more mana I'm already feeling bored enough to fall asleep.

I started playing the game less when it became so much more about gathering million upon millions of mana from a single stage or two. Feel like work now. Not so much about fun.

The moment I start up the game and get into a round to get some more mana I'm already feeling bored enough to fall asleep.

i can only say the same.

also, i would have much rather liked to buy dungeon defenders as a mid to full prize game
instead of all this dlc madness.

hate me or dont

modern game company financial plans suck bawlls.

This game has no depth and they know it.

To keep people playing they will raise stat caps over and over.

That's the way it is. Now that you know, you can quit.

i can only say the same.

also, i would have much rather liked to buy dungeon defenders as a mid to full prize game
instead of all this dlc madness.

hate me or dont

modern game company financial plans suck bawlls.

the only difference between now and 6-7 years ago was DLC was called "expansion packs"

literally nothing has changed other than the fact they fragment it to allow more customization. you act like their DLC is expensive. do you not have a job?

I'm sorry, Some of you aren't going to like the comparison. But have you ever heard of an MMO in your life kid? Were you possibly born after the year 2005? This game progresses because people DO level up to 70 and get all the gear. Sorry you don't have the time to play as much as others to get your UBER LEET GEAR lololol. But neither do I and I don't ***** about it. Infact, I believe there is a reason perhaps as to why you can play dps or towers. Maybe it's because you need BOTH. Stop playing this game singleplayer and whining about it. Get a solid group with one man on towers, two DPS and a support monk and go get your gear. No one wants to hear you Q_Q about it bud. Especially considering you apparently are completely unaware of the idea that HIGH END CONTENT is what the standard MMO's today are about. Or wait no, lets just cease to progress the game at all. You get to be level 70 for the next year, get all the best loot, and we'll wait until you catch up before we get anything more than the standard package. Boo freakin hoo dude. Boo, freaking...hoo

When did this game become an MMO? I thought it was four-person co-cop, not massivly multiplayer online.

This game has no depth and they know it.

To keep people playing they will raise stat caps over and over.

That's the way it is. Now that you know, you can quit.

I know right? They never add new maps or challenges...oh wait.
Anyways if this was the case it looks like it's working.

I think melee being completely useless was a bug, 7.13b patch notes indicate there was a problem with resistances. Maybe that will make it more playable.

Now, now.. lest not get hasty..

┬─┬ノ( _ ノ)

Haha that's cute...

But I hope that TE will bring.the game.back to a normal level soon... I understand the ramps on gear make it really hard to look at things as just need dps and high stats but the new DLC makes for more then just a new map for High Dps this time...

The other DLCs should be like that too I hope =o

the only difference between now and 6-7 years ago was DLC was called "expansion packs"

literally nothing has changed other than the fact they fragment it to allow more customization. you act like their DLC is expensive. do you not have a job?

What does a job have anything to do with it? Do you not realize that a bigger percentage of gamers are youth that are still in school? with their parents?

I don't agree with your methodology on DLC and expansion packs though. A game quickly loses my favor when you're buying more power (unless it IS an expansion pack AND NOT 1/4th of ONE!) In my theory this is how it should work-

DLC were/are meant for colorful **** that you should only care about if you're into colorful ****. IE: Costumes, tavern designs, etc. Expansions should pretty much be IN ADDITION to the base story but still feel like I'm paying for a new game, with a new toon, maps (plural), weapons, gear, and in this case a higher level cap. Expansions are not necessarily a part 2 in my eyes as this comes with a story overhaul or engine redesign.

I'd have been 100% okay with them waiting to release, ahem, the 4 gender swaps, UMF, Lost Crystals, Nightmare Mode, Barbarian and Series EV, level cap increase, shops, etc. etc. for a whopping $20 all when it's complete in one bundle for me to enjoy. This? a cluster****. I'm sorry to Trendy because I can't help but feel they're being pinched into these awkward situations.

Basically...
I'm okay with paying for a _FULL_ expansion, and I'm okay for paying for costumes and random **** I don't REALLY need. I'm not okay with paying for POWER. or for half assed (in this case, quarter-assed) releases. I suppose all-in-all I'll just be patient and purchase the rest of the DLC when the REST OF IT is released. Trendy, Jeremy, whomever, if you're reading this-- You're not being paid a monthly subscription so stop being in such a rush to "hold on" to your players. Wait til February to release the EXPANSION PACK, the entire thing, and anyone who isn't playing DD will be back to play.

Two things I really dislike in life, the second more recently:
1) Paying for **** I don't own, or in this case virtually own.
2) Paying Valve for anything less than Portal.