7.13 wiped Hero Shops

This is one Major FUBAR by Trendy!

FYI IN the patch notes section folks there is a new post to tell you to send a email to their stated email address give them your steam ID and they will try to restore "as much as they can"

.....no....no....the update fubar'ed my game....it won't launch. I have everything stored in my store......

I lose everything you can count my time with DD as over. I spent weeks to get here.

There's a sticky now for those who don't see it.

The current patch 7.13 on Steam has been reported to delete items from your shop. Please refrain from updating if you have items in your shop, until a hotfix is released tomorrow. Another solution is to remove the items from your shop, update, and then put them back in your shop.

If you have already updated please email [email]lostheroes@trendyent.com[/email] with the Subject Title "Lost Shop Items From Patch 7.13." Make sure to include your current Steam name in the email and we will attempt to recover as many of the items from your backup save as we can.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?34424-WARNING-Patch-7.13-PC-Will-Delete-Items-in-Your-Shop

=/

Yeah. This isn't good at all. Not only did I have 14 pages full of high-end UMF stuff, I also had just put all of my alt gear sets for my characters in the shop for storage..

I'm pretty mad. I have a monk with no tower gear now.

hahaha that sucks

Last thing i did before i logged to download the patch was buy a 30m pet and put it & some things in my shop hahaha Owned me hard.

Shop is for selling items you don't want. It shouldn't be used as a mule hole. If you don't have room in your storage that means you have too much items anyways. Stop being a pack rat and sell things off instead of putting good life time worth of items there.

On the other hand, it sucks you lost your items, I probably lost mine too.

Its not that bad, its not like the gear in the shop was the one you used. We will be able to get new, better gear now.So all that gear would probably go down in price anyway.
Don't get me wrong it sucks, but we will persevere.

Shop is for selling items you don't want. It shouldn't be used as a mule hole. If you don't have room in your storage that means you have too much items anyways. Stop being a pack rat and sell things off instead of putting good life time worth of items there.

On the other hand, it sucks you lost your items, I probably lost mine too.

Well it's either swap between gear sets on characters, or make more characters to swap between characters. One is a lot more trouble than the other.

Yeah, the Shop isn't the perfect place to store items while you farm items in UMF. It's better to go into UMF with 15 full pages of loot.

Well it's either swap between gear sets on characters, or make more characters to swap between characters. One is a lot more trouble than the other.

Then again there's something to be said about working now so you can be lazy later... (goes to check if she lost anything)

There's a sticky now for those who don't see it.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?34424-WARNING-Patch-7.13-PC-Will-Delete-Items-in-Your-Shop

=/

Oh wow are they seriously planning on manually restoring the shop for each and every player? good luck waiting for that.
Server backups, how do they work?

The do not update before you empty your shop is extra funny as they have apparently never heard of steam and its auto update function and modern bandwidth.