Sign in to follow this  
GrimPETER

Question about the huntress/Hunter Nerf

Nerfed PS huntress/ranger is still viable. I suggest you find a naturally piercing weapon (phoenix, flamethrower, discthrower, bonebow?[not sure if they ever pierced], etc.) and use the PS to clear lanes. Spam repair instead of waiting for towers to go orange. Also, you fail if you ever use an imp solo. Apprentice guards have a lot better utility when your trap&aura stacks are properly placed. This is all assuming, of course, that you prefer to solo UMF.

Are you picking up gear in 1st person/over-the-shoulder view? Fail. Zoom out, hover, "e" on any gear that looks attractive, rinse repeat. Continue doing this while blasting trash mobs before focusing on mini-boss mobs. Win @ iUMF. 80% of the gear you'll pick up is trash anyway. Having trouble repairing? Fix your setup so that you don't have to invis and can instead kite & repair in short bursts.

Tired of the PS nerf? Get used to not using it, then. Each class has technically useless abilities depending on the situation.

Have you read the thread?

"Fail" Am I doing this fail thing right?

All of your points have been addressed in previous post or http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?34373-Some-actual-data-on-Piercing-Shot-nerf

Do you know what also helps with mistakes? Resistances and an Imp pet.

So, in the end we do agree. Invisibility is useful. As it does help against misstakes (as you implied in the quote above).

Great, then I'm done in that subject.

@Topic
I do believe this nerf was needed, looking at past content atleast. I havn't done all the nightmare content or latest dlc maps enough times on each of the classes to form an opinion about it yet. But for the older content we had way too high damage output compared to other classes. Even if the dummies didn't show it :P

Disk throwers are not DPS focused weapons. Try again using a flamethrower. (if I wanted to push the point I could bring up the portal gun...)

So, in the end we do agree. Invisibility is useful.

I've been reading through this thread because the subject is of high interest and while I can understand the debate going on, I am absolutely confused as to how you would connect Invisibility, a huntress skill, to resistances on armor. Clarification please?

I've been reading through this thread because the subject is of high interest and while I can understand the debate going on, I am absolutely confused as to how you would connect Invisibility, a huntress skill, to resistances on armor. Clarification please?

Both helps with survivability.

So which weps are naturally piercing? I'm more than pissed about the PS nerf. 4 second cooldown is just ridiculous. Perhaps at 1.2s it was too spamable, but maybe a 2 second cooldown would have worked better.

PS is a savior to those of us who haven't farmed a wep with good upgrade slots and high base damage.

I'm quoting myself here, but just in case you and some others have not seen our reasoning behind the Huntress Nerf:

[Quote]The Huntress nerf was something we definitely felt was needed. Piercing Shot was too spamable. The fact is DPS may be lowered, but the Piercing Shot can still annihilate and entire lane of minions. It's DPS is actually (in use) far superior to almost any other ability in the game.

Also, it's 4 seconds. I know it can be said that that is 4x... but it's still an ability that can be used 15 times a minute.
At the moment there is no plan to buff the damage of PS. [/QUOTE]

I think 4 seconds is a bit too high, nightmare mobs have a ton of HP 470k assassins and 190k spiders 22mil ogres. I don't think Trendynet thought about how the changes affect the game.

I think 4 seconds is a bit too high, nightmare mobs have a ton of HP 470k assassins and 190k spiders 22mil ogres. I don't think Trendynet thought about how the changes affect the game.

And I think people are just over-reliant on PS for normal DPS. (also, don't use nightmare mobs for comparison, and certainly not ogres/warriors, as nightmare mode is still in a state of balancing, AND is meant for extremely high end play)

I think it's quite funny that my huntress with an 11000+ damage disc gun can't down an ogre in nightmare UMF, but all you have to do with a countess is joust them off a cliff.

Lol at the 22 million HP ogres. They didn't create the lifestream UMF map for no reason. They obviously intend for you to use knockback. By my calculations it would be impossible to down a 22 million ogre in nightmare mode unless your weapon had a base of 30000+ or more.