To people ranting about DLC being marketed

Trendy already has proven very helpful with constant updates for PC and planned content for consoles and PC. People need to understand the constant updates for PC only prove to fix problems that currently exist. It has been stated that the console version is limited to a certain amount of updates per year. So in return of limited updates for console, they need to make sure they can pack as much as they can total into the console update than they need to worry about with PC.

Secondly, this is an indie game that is constantly expanding and is extremely reasonably priced. Expecting Trendy to make all DLC free is not at all wise. Their game is already reasonably priced for all to be able to purchase. They do not make millions here, they are a small company and use the DLC's to further the game and maintain its existence. There is no reason to make free DLC's if it makes absolutely no profits in return.

Trendy has put in alot of work into this game and they deserve to be treated respectfully and at least be given thanks to the constant support and work done for the player community. So the least people can do is stop whining about the price of DLC and using the "I dont want to pay for it, it should be free" argument. Just help support Trendy with the lot of us, and purchase the DLC's

TL:DR, Stop complaining/whining, Trendy doesn't have the funds nor time for free DLC. Just buy the DLC to continue to support Trendy and to further the expansion of the game!

Trendy already has proven very helpful with constant updates for PC and planned content for consoles and PC. People need to understand the constant updates for PC only prove to fix problems that currently exist. It has been stated that the console version is limited to a certain amount of updates per year. So in return of limited updates for console, they need to make sure they can pack as much as they can total into the console update than they need to worry about with PC.

Secondly, this is an indie game that is constantly expanding and is extremely reasonably priced. Expecting Trendy to make all DLC free is not at all wise. Their game is already reasonably priced for all to be able to purchase. They do not make millions here, they are a small company and use the DLC's to further the game and maintain its existence. There is no reason to make free DLC's if it makes absolutely no profits in return.

Trendy has put in alot of work into this game and they deserve to be treated respectfully and at least be given thanks to the constant support and work done for the player community. So the least people can do is stop whining about the price of DLC and using the "I dont want to pay for it, it should be free" argument. Just help support Trendy with the lot of us, and purchase the DLC's

TL:DR, Stop complaining/whining, Trendy doesn't have the funds nor time for free DLC. Just buy the DLC to continue to support Trendy and to further the expansion of the game!

agreed! I r <3 Trendeh!

totally agree, i already got over 300 hours for like 8 bucks? i paid 60 for 150 hours in skyrim....

200 of those hours were spent semi-afking or just flat out afking shops.. or survival..

Exactly

Less crying more giving trendy money because they deserve it for giving us such an awesome game

i was a bit disappointed with the dlc but not because of the price, but because of the contents. i was expecting 3 or 4 new campaign maps for about $10. guess all i can do now is wait till all 4 parts are out :S

The people that are ranting about it being released is ranting for other reasons than you listed.

No information regarding its content was provided. The community was told they'd be informed as soon as they knew, and yet the game was released on the market before anybody had news on it. Its hard to believe that a company can not only put forward content to be approved by Sony/Microsoft and create DLC to be released without having a single idea what they gave Sony/Microsoft or knowing what they put into the DLC.

To be told now what's in it can be done by the people that already purchased it and played it. Not only that, but a "simultaneous release" was planned, but from the interview the dates are now seen as the 15th for PC and a week later for consoles. Now it appears that its the 14th for XBox, the 15th for PC, and 21st for PS3. That's not a simultaneous release, and if you were tell your lover "Gimme a week and I'll show you a release" she will not be satisfied.

Being an Indie company and having a limited amount of employees isn't as horrible as you make it out to be. The company has made a great deal of money from the game already, and due to its smaller staff they are able to invest more money into the game(or give themselves bigger paychecks), and as a company the cost of patches/updates shouldn't be something to "avoid because its too expensive".

200 of those hours were spent semi-afking or just flat out afking shops.. or survival..

Okay, 80 hours for 8 bucks, that's a dollar for 10 hours of entertainment, FIVE times more than the 2 hours a dollar he paid for Skyrim, one of the most anticipated AAA titles of the year.

Op is right.

Trendy is not perfect and needs to work on some things, but their DLC marketing?

Is fine. Completely fine.

Hear Hear, its so annoying seeing so many posts complaining about DD. This game has been the best deal for the amount of fun and time i've put into a game in.... i dont even know.

Not only that, but everyone who is involved with DD on the development side has always been polite and they actually respond to their customer base and incorporate some suggestions. As a former MMO game player, this is the craziest thing i've ever seen.

People crying about about 4 dollars for expansions, that some dlc and costumes were 1.99 or 2.99 already.... go away. This game should have sold for 30-40 dollars EASY. and they dont require any monthly subscription for online play, regardless of the fact that they update constantly.

When the console side ACTUALLY gets a title update then they'll get more of my support. :/

nope, i just started using shops. in fact 50hrs of those 150 in skyrim were spent crafting 2000 daggers, and fun stuff like that :P

I think people are more complaining about saying each DLC pack contains "3 new missions" is misleading when they mean 1 campaign, 1 challenge, and 1 pvp map and not three new actual campaign maps.

So after you buy all four you'll only get 4 new campaign maps for more than the price of the original game.

It's not the fact that the DLC costs money that people are complaining about, it's the amount of content offered and the way it's being marketed that people seem to have a problem with.

I can justify the DLC, be it a bit overpriced, by the fact the original game should have cost more than $15.

So $16 for all four DLC isn't that bad, especially considering in total that's 4 new maps, because there are other games that have way worse DLC practices than that.

But again DD was only $15 and I would have paid $20 or even $25 easily so the DLC is fine by me.

I have about 400 hrs in this game and it has cost me probably $25 so far. Maybe one of the math field day winners or someone with a calculator could give me a clue as to how bad I have it.
I could go for dinner and a movie.. I guess? Whats that come to?
Something north of $25 and about 4 hrs????
This is not @ anyone but my view point!
HEY Trendy I have another 25 bucks if you want it.

Edit: The 400 hrs is just me on Ranked. My family of 5 have an additional 1500 + hrs on that $25....

I 100% agree that the DLC is well worth it, outstanding game, for all its quirks. I will argue, however, that since we're starting to get into the "big boy" game price range, more attention will need to be given to eliminating hackers. Fix that, so the economy levels out, and we're good to go.

You can sell $200 Ferrari if you want, doesn't mean I'm gonna pay another $100 for aair freshener. I'll admit people who say it's a rip-off are extreme. You are told exactly what you are buying. It doesn't mean the DLC isn't overpriced. Lets take a more objective look at the content the consoles get.

1. A story consisting of 13 maps. With five brief cutscenes explaining play.
2. Around 8 different weapon skins per class.
3. Randomly generated items, or reskinned named versions of randomly generated items.
4. Challenge modes which modify gameplay of the 13 maps. Rewarding renamed versions of random drops with more standardized stats.
5. The climb from 1 to 70, which takes anywhere from 2 hours to 20 depending on grinding technique
6. Survival mode, same maps, caps at wave 30. Rewards pets, but these can be bought.
7. Tavern shop, yields better random items than drops.

Those 200-300+ hours seem to only apply to loot *****s. Even then, those hours could even be dropped to less than 6 if the RNG smiles upon you, which he usually tends to do for me. I dig the game, but I'm not going to make it out as more than what it is. I'd still give it a solid 4/5 if I reviewed it.

Back to the DLC, few are going to pay that much. You can sell a soda for $50. I'm not going to buy it just because I liked the one you gave me for $0.25 earlier. I'm not attacking any moral decisions on Trendy's part. You'd have to be retarded to think that the pricing was a result of some "evil". That's just another economically unsound business decision they've made. Probably as a result of being new at this.

Back to the DLC, few are going to pay that much.

Wanna bet? A lot of people will complain, rant, and generally stomp their little feet in anger on the forums, but the vast majority of them will still buy the DLC by week's end. I, myself, will be irritated seeing people with ridiculously hacked gear on a game I've spent (in total) around $30 for, but i'll still be clicking that purchase button as soon as the DLC drops. Price vs. Entertainment value, there's nothing out right now that beats DD for me.

Not for me. I logged over 200 hours before they even put super loot in so virtually none of that was survival (and shops didn't exist yet). Oddly enough I've logged maybe 10 hours since super loot was put in...

To all who don't want to pay so much for the dlc, wait for winter sale and get it cheap! I'm paying full price for it though for I think they deserve it.

Wanna bet? A lot of people will complain, rant, and generally stomp their little feet in anger on the forums, but the vast majority of them will still buy the DLC by week's end. I, myself, will be irritated seeing people with ridiculously hacked gear on a game I've spent (in total) around $30 for, but i'll still be clicking that purchase button as soon as the DLC drops. Price vs. Entertainment value, there's nothing out right now that beats DD for me.

You know what, I just remembered the L4D2 and MW2 boycotts. Yes they'll complain, but they'll buy it. People always whine that Call of Duty map packs are overpriced, but they all pick it up day 1. Nobody seems to understand that they are enabling the practices they whine about.

You know what, I just remembered the L4D2 and MW2 boycotts. Yes they'll complain, but they'll buy it. People always whine that Call of Duty map packs are overpriced, but they all pick it up day 1. Nobody seems to understand that they are enabling the practices they whine about.

Not always the case.

I stopped buying CoD map packs since WaW. MW2 I refused all map packs. BlOps I bought the first and maybe the second, but refused the rest.

Nowadays I've completely stopped buying CoD games. I may pick up MW from the PSN, though, since that was the last actually decent CoD.

Completely untrue. Did you even play ANY of the Call of Duty games? I bought all the map packs for MW. And realized I got ripped off, not only was it almost impossible to play a game with the new maps, it seemed like half my friends didnt have them so we couldnt even play them. The other games I held off and heard the EXACT same complaints, the people who bought them complained they could never really play games with them in their queue's and that they were a waste of money, etc.

Sure there was probably still a bunch of idiots who kept buying them to see the content, but most of the people I know and have played with dont really buy the map packs because its such a gigantic pain to actually even be able to play them in MP.