Trendy doesn't want to fragment the community so they are going to fragment them.

Ok now I am questioning the DLC now too after reading http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?34196-DLC%28What-The-F***%29!!/

1 new map does not a DLC make. And to top it off the handling of the thread by Classic22 is not any more comforting.

I too was under the impression that the DLC included 3 new maps based on the IGN interview.
As quoted by Queal in the same thread:
[QUOTE]What you get in the upcoming DLC is an entirely new set of campaign and challenge missions, as well as new PVP maps. It's broken into four chunks, each costing $3.99. Subsequent parts are planned for monthly release, and will each include three new missions, new items, a new pet, a new enemy type, and a new boss. [/QUOTE]

Campaign == Mission
PvP map != Mission
Challenge != Mission

If indeed this new content is 1 new map/MISSION and we are told that there is "Nothing more to discuss. Please read before you buy." We need to be told explicitly how to interpret what we read if you do not want dissatisfied customers. Especially since there is no place to read about it on the Official DD forums, we must go to an interview on IGN. And again patch notes do not specify what features are DLC and what are patches. (I would have thought that lesson had been learned after the last debacle of a DLC intro).

And so, players spend 1wk or so on campaigns, and its only a matter of time before they hop onto the forums and buy "insane glitterhelm runs" for 6m, start gearing up n end up doing Surv MM or UMF.

The issue is, why people are herded into this pattern, and if anything can be done about it.

we are like a rat in a Skinner box... sometimes i wonder why i even bother to farm for loots. its not fun, and what is it for? for more farming uber loots? hence i've stopped playing for a while and even if i do play, i play with random groups doing non-farming stuffs.

but anyway, i do agree that the game should give more love to towers. i love tower defense game, making the right strategy etc but as for now the game is like action rpg with auras and traps to aid you.

Ok now I am questioning the DLC now too after reading http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?34196-DLC%28What-The-F***%29!!/

1 new map does not a DLC make. And to top it off the handling of the thread by Classic22 is not any more comforting.

I too was under the impression that the DLC included 3 new maps based on the IGN interview.
As quoted by Queal in the same thread:

Campaign == Mission
PvP map != Mission
Challenge != Mission

If indeed this new content is 1 new map/MISSION and we are told that there is "Nothing more to discuss. Please read before you buy." We need to be told explicitly how to interpret what we read if you do not want dissatisfied customers. Especially since there is no place to read about it on the Official DD forums, we must go to an interview on IGN. And again patch notes do not specify what features are DLC and what are patches. (I would have thought that lesson had been learned after the last debacle of a DLC intro).

he is also on the xbox version which gets less than the PC version.

I have only 1 issue with the DLC. Unless Trendy fixes the "invisible loot" issue, loot drops are going to be invisible (and hence cannot be picked up) anyway within 3 rounds for people not paying.. (since you can't host, you can only be client, and this is a client-specific issue)

but anyway, i do agree that the game should give more love to towers. i love tower defense game, making the right strategy etc but as for now the game is like action rpg with auras and traps to aid you.

Towers are very usable in UMF if you know where to build. (and I'm not talking about rooftops)

This seems like the wow seasonal formula , (gear and grind reset with new 'content').
But even worse because it is sped up.

Count me out.

edit: let me rephrase: anyone familiar with the world of warcraft seasonal grind knows that this is one place you don't want ANY game to ever go.

Yes but you don't have to buy dlc to do so in most rpg's.

I spent hours farming old 20 up armour and 27 up weps because that was the max and they said nothing about increasing the loot by over 200% within 3 weeks of release. They then again decided to go even further with UMF 7.12b right after I just decided to start playing again(I thought loot would calm down) and now nightmare will make that loot common.

It's like world of warcraft except 10000000% quicker items-going-outdated process!

Waiting to see how nightmare is adjusted, it will be too hard or too easy. Whatever it is with current gear disparity, people will be displeased in some camp. ;)

I have only 1 issue with the DLC. Unless Trendy fixes the "invisible loot" issue, loot drops are going to be invisible (and hence cannot be picked up) anyway within 3 rounds for people not paying.. (since you can't host, you can only be client, and this is a client-specific issue)
Then there is also lag from being clients even when you are not far away plus what I believe to be a frame rate stutter where the game will like freeze for a second or 2(usually in tavern) and then fix it self and go on.

I love the game and the concept of the game, but it just feels like the game is devolving instead of evolving.

[QUOTE]Based on the information given, I've been assuming the entire bundle is going to be purchasable tomorrow, giving access to Nightmare mode for those who purchase the bundle. Then at a later date those bundle purchasers will get the rest of their content as it is released. Kinda like a pre order of sorts. That's just my impression. [/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, but some people are saying something else. Can someone put this beyond doubt for us?

I paid 9.99 for this game and got around 90 hours of enjoyment from this game, thats more than i get from most AAA releases which cost me up to 40

If trend want another 9.99 in order to give me another 90 hours of enjoyment then so be it, most people on this forum seem to feel like they are entitled to much more than they actually are.

[QUOTE]All players seek power, and want to get stronger. That will eventually lead them to finding out how : Survival MM/UMF.

And so, players spend 1wk or so on campaigns, and its only a matter of time before they hop onto the forums and buy "insane glitterhelm runs" for 6m, start gearing up n end up doing Surv MM or UMF.

The issue is, why people are herded into this pattern, and if anything can be done about it.[/QUOTE]

This is not poor game design - this is players ruining the game. Was Diablo 2 a bad game? After all, players could often just pay to get their character power leveled and then farm Cows/Baal/Pindle all day.

Just because players have developed an formula for bypassing content doesn't mean that the original content was bad.

They should seriously revert the game back to before superloot and afk shops existed and I would come back and play again. They've really arsed this game up with the updating. I could see this game being featured in a case study about how not to run your game in a game design course.

[QUOTE]They should seriously revert the game back to before superloot and afk shops existed and I would come back and play again. They've really arsed this game up with the updating. I could see this game being featured in a case study about how not to run your game in a game design course. [/QUOTE]

Afk shops are great. They provide the economy with liquidity. An auction house would be even better but I assume that would be much more difficult to implement.

What is the issue with superloot?

They should seriously revert the game back to before superloot and afk shops existed and I would come back and play again. They've really arsed this game up with the updating. I could see this game being featured in a case study about how not to run your game in a game design course.

Yes, please Trendy, do this. We all want this guy to come back :kobold:

There are only 4 new maps, mean only 4/20 maps that your friends cannot join you; not a big deal I say.

If they dont want to buy it now, wait till Chrismas sale :P maybe they will be 75% off?

There are only 4 new maps, mean only 4/20 maps that your friends cannot join you; not a big deal I say.

If they dont want to buy it now, wait till Chrismas sale :P maybe they will be 75% off?
Oh yes I might as well just wait for a sale instead of supporting trendy!