Hunterweapon for UMF

Hi
I wanna do some umf now. i got some armor but i think my weapon is too weak.
its a minigun upgraded 40/55. im far away from 200k dps and i stopped upgrading this weapon because i doubt it will get strong enough for umf.

so, a few questions.

1 which weapon type is best for umf? i guess piercing weapons like disc throwers, .. ?

2 how much upgrades / base-damage should it have?

3 how much dps do i need to be succesful in umf as a hunter?

4 How much resistances should i have on my armors?

thanks,
kor

1. Flame Throwers are my favorite for UMF as you are usually close range in an aura stack. A 70^ flame thrower can easily do 300k DPS to 1 target, but also hits everything behind it whereas Disc Launcher only pierces once. Great for clearing out masses of Ogres and weeding out all the non-fire immune (which lightning aura+ps take care of)
2. Varies too much per weapon to say.
3. This depends on your setup and is it solo or duo? I beat it duo at first with an 103k bone bow and a 150k-200k squire, but I used the inferno+lightning setup which made it doable.
4. Apprentice Guardian + Str drain+Heal is all you need, but ideally you should have 88 phys, and high fire and poison as well. Lighting doesnt matter much.

1) personally prefer disc shooter, go for something with piercing (so bonebow works too) or AOE like flamethrower/crystal tracker

2) upgrades/base-damage.. obviously the more the better but I'd say something in the high 60s low 70s for ups.

3) Tricky Question.... depends on if you want to solo,duo(with another buff friend), go with a group etc...... I personally think using DPS as a measure is overrated. A Hunter/huntres could do 10mil DPS with piercing shot if there were enough enemies lined up. I can pretty much carry someone that does 50kdps including piercing.. but obviously things would depend on your partner if you're duo-ing.. But back to your original question, If you're trying to clear UMF solo.. I'd say 150~250 ish.. without PS. If you're okay with failing then just go with your minigun and see how far you can get.. You might be able to pick up a decent weapon. make sure to loot chests since the stuff in there will likely be better than anything on the ground at least for earlier waves. Otherwise if its too weak you can always go buy something in an AFK shop.

4) again a tricky question.. I personally think having 87+ physical helps a lot since a majority of the time you'll get pounded on by 10+ ogres even in your strength drain.. for the others I would up Fire > poison > elemental in that order.. I would say at least 50% for fire.. its more for wyvern fireballs that come from outside of a strength drain aura.

5) Assuming you're going to aura stack.. Get an app guardian that boost 5 towers (if you don't have one already) 4 would work as well.

thanks for your replies.

im planning to solo it because my friends equips are to bad :)

so ill watch for a decent flamethrower or discshooter and try to reach ~150,200k
the guardian could be a prob. how much upgrades does it need to have so i can reach 5tower boost?

1. Flame Throwers are my favorite for UMF as you are usually close range in an aura stack. A 70^ flame thrower can easily do 300k DPS to 1 target, but also hits everything behind it whereas Disc Launcher only pierces once. Great for clearing out masses of Ogres and weeding out all the non-fire immune (which lightning aura+ps take care of)

Out of curiosity, what base damage would be good to start upgrading a Flamethrower to get those numbers? I usually see them drop with single-digit base damages...

2. Varies too much per weapon to say.
3. This depends on your setup and is it solo or duo? I beat it duo at first with an 103k bone bow and a 150k-200k squire, but I used the inferno+lightning setup which made it doable.
4. Apprentice Guardian + Str drain+Heal is all you need, but ideally you should have 88 phys, and high fire and poison as well. Lighting doesnt matter much.

1a) On hunters (gah I mean rangers, but I'd think people would know what I mean), disk throwers pierces all as far as I can tell, and has the added benefit of being non-elemental, and having a higher stat level up cap (flamethrowers cap at 40 per upgrade, diskthrowers cap at 80) which means better PS/PSS.
1b) If you're trying to get a flamethrower type weapon, I suggest poison damage instead, cause anything poison-resistant would be melted by elec aura + inferno trap. Of course though, the poison type guns are rarer than fire..
2) Basically aim for as high DPS as you can, but still making sure you've enough ammo count, reload (for disk thrower), projectile speed (for disk thrower), and getting as much hero health/damage as you can too. Projectile speed determines how far those disks fly before they fizzle.
3) 200k DPS is the basic benchmark people aim for, though higher is better of course. Hunters can rely on lower damage because of the full pierce allowing them to hit almost everything at once in a line, so taking a longer time to down an ogre isn't as much as an issue since yo're downing all the ogres at 1 time, along with any mobs behind them.
4) Maxed resists good, I'd say 87% phys minimum. Soloing though, you probably don't want to use app guardian because you probably want to use an imp instead so you can repair your auras/traps without assistance. If you're using traps with imp though, do NOT use prox mines (and naturally not ethereal spike mines either..), cause they detonate faster than the imp can heal.
(Of course you can stealth to do your repairs, but that's not always reliable, unlike the imp.)

Flamethrower's reload is sooooooo slow though

If you own reverse char pack, i let you in for little secret. Use the hunter with flamer as not only you gain more dmg, you gain added reload speed bonus. He seem to have some passive reload value dunno how high it is, but actually makes many weapons with low reload value very much worth the use. ;)

Disc Gun does not pierce just once. It goes thru everything.

Out of curiosity, what base damage would be good to start upgrading a Flamethrower to get those numbers? I usually see them drop with single-digit base damages...

i got to 280k dps with ~60 basedam (a little lower dont know the exact value) and 68^

got a 90 basedam 71^ that does about 330k

My personal favorite bow is the ornamental crossbow. It's the base crossbow of the ranger, and it pierces infinitely.

Why have they made UMF for non survival people but none of them can do it?

It's fairly easy to do a few waves on medium that gives you wave ~12-13 tier survival mix gear dropping from chests, which you can use to get further, and do harder difficulties, etc.

My personal favorite bow is the ornamental crossbow. It's the base crossbow of the ranger, and it pierces infinitely.

wat

/5char

EDIT: Cool I had never tried it before :P Thanks

I have a 65^ disc thrower with a base damage of 158 which is one of the higher I have seen, most times its bellow 100