so whats your dps?

@HKSmaster

haha come play with the TEC group!

at work, but for sure ill stop by your tavern/group for some action tonight :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About armor resist.

My current armor is full Dps oriented without any points into resist (was best armor pre-umf patch). Without any ups, my resist sits at about 50% all across. I don't have any trouble at all handling UMF, however, if i start lagging it becomes a very different story. Lagging and not being able to move with 50% resist will get you killed while surrounded by ogres/ninjas at baseline auras/pets (stock 3 star auras w/o app/hunt guardian or having a fairy). 50% is very sufficient in UMF, but you obviously can't tank a whole mob without having: an app/hunt guardian combo, fairy, or kiting.

@xault
Don't lie i've seen you hack ;)
jk.

@HKSmaster
If you are talking about a tri-bow/disc launcher than generally speaking the base dmg CANNOT reach the same dmg as per bonebow for example. Disc Launchers/Tribows are MADE to have a lower base than a Bonebow to compensate for additional projectiles. Personally from honest experience I have seen that disc launchers cannot break the 8k dmg barrier (highest was 7.7kish i believe) and tri-bows usually cant break the 7k barrier from what I've seen. However, lower base doesn't mean lower true single target aka dummy dps. Now my bow sits at 8,768 dmg x 7 sps (38k per hit) + 240k PS which = 530kish dps. Now I equip a disc launcher that has roughly 7.7k dmg, 1k less than bonebow x 6sps (29k per hit)+ 190k PS = which equals to roughly 548k DPS..Now my math was really sloppy and Disc Launcher was estimated. But as you can see a Disc Launcher can easily to 600k WITH PS. Hopefully thats what you meant, if its a tri-bow same concept applies but I theorize that in the tri-bow range that lower base dmg, lower SPS, and lower PS will ultimately proportionally produce a lower dps than the 2 other examples. 600k is very believable in my opinion. And we wont go into the "TRUE" dmg of each weapon, ie. Bonebow's 'infinite' piercing vs. Disc Launcher limited 4 mob piercing. hehe

Edit: Figured out TE's concept of Bows...
Bonebow - 1 shot - Pierces EVERYTHING
Disc Launcher - 2 shot - Pierces 1 target per each disc
Tri-Bow - 3 shot - Maximum projectile, no pierce.

It's essentially a pattern of trading off Pierce for more Projectiles.
(True Upfront/KPS dmg vs. Theoretical Potential DPS Dmg)

I think you have the bonebow and disc shooter mixed up. Disc pierces everything....bonebow used to pierce 5 targets, but was nerfed to 1 target.

Well I refuse to play without max resists, so my DPS is quite a bit lower than some of the rest =P

On my monk, my melee DPS (without pet) is 250K while ranged is something near 300K
On my Huntres my DPS sits pretty solidly around 200K without piercing spammage
My Adept sits on around 500K
and I have yet to get my countess outfitted.

Max resists + 700 heal Faeries = Win.
Dying is for nubs =P

im using a minigun that puts out 27k dps single target. 103 projectiles at 3k each. reach is decent and it's more than adequate to farm with.

Max resists + 700 heal Faeries = Win.
Dying is for nubs =P

Fairy is a complete waste of money , at least for umf.
Even a bad app guardian boosts your auras to the point where you never drop below 70 percent hp no matter how many ogres you are tanking.

Boosted melee monk at 250k but for UMF clusters, the functional DPS is directly related to the number of mobs. 4 ogres = 1m DPS.

Been using monk primarily to boost my buddy's app to 1.2m, but we realized yesterday that the countess' rallying cry is equivalent to the monk boost. Anyone know how the countess hero dmg scales compared to monk? Considering switching to countess and use current armor/pet on her for the 391 h.dmg and 87 resist they provide.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk