"The Rich Get Richer" part 2 (no flames please)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow whole HOURS of playing.
You can't get to endgame without at least hours of playing, the horror.

It's not exactly hard to get 200tower hp and tower damage and to put 40-50 ups on a weapon (50 potiential up weaps cost like 1m in a shop if you can't be bothered farming one).

Sure the game could do with a better guidance of what to progress to at each stage, but you had better stay away from mmos if you think whole hours of playing is too much.

but you had better stay away from mmos if you think whole hours of playing is too much.

You may think this is a reasonable reply, but it's actually proving the point of the OP.

This wasn't a MMO. And the push to somehow make it a MMO (with adding pointless grind, DPS-crazyness, and moving away from towers) is what cheapens it as a game.

And it's not even needed. Some of us were done with UMF after day 1. You have the gear, it's boringly trivial. That's not good at all.

I went through a game of survival with some friends when I was lower level, and a pet for 30m popped up in the shop. A "Liger' 60^ with not one negative stat. I saved up and bought it, then quickly sold it for 10M profit in my afk shop, judging by the speed at which it sold, I think that I could have sold it for much more. :D So its not that hard to make money.

You may think this is a reasonable reply, but it's actually proving the point of the OP.

This wasn't a MMO. And the push to somehow make it a MMO (with adding pointless grind, DPS-crazyness, and moving away from towers) is what cheapens it as a game.

And it's not even needed. Some of us were done with UMF after day 1. You have the gear, it's boringly trivial. That's not good at all.

If its not an mmo, what would you want this game to become? After you answer that, was the game type you want it to be something that could be played for hours, days, or weeks? If it wasn't, then just play it like a non-mmo and stop. Not trying to sound mean, but any game type you think of can be played the way you want it to be played.

I wouldn't mind the other type of tower defense game though where you set towers up along the path and kill them the monsters before get to the end vs the walling off type that DD is currently (both are fun)

But it's not an mmo (thank god). Though it does have a ton of rpg elements.
This game is not grindy at all, you can get 1-70 in an hour by powerleveling (a day without...) once you do need to up gear beyond 50 mana is easy to come by, there are no map reset timers to artificially pace progress like in mmos.

I said if he thinks this game is grindy (which it is not at all) then he is in for a huge shock if he ever tries his hand at an mmo.
An mmo is months or even years of grinding.
Hell even battlefield takes 100 hours of grinding to get most of the unlocks (so does NOT belong in a first person shooter, GAH!), so this game is faster to progress through than recent first person shooters.

If you want to fault the game of something it is not giving new players a clue of what to do or how to go about doing things.
it tells you nothing about how loot despawns, mana and loot mechanics, itemisation etc, the campaign on normal or hard is so easy that you don't get a learning curve (so when you go to insane mode it suddenly is way too hard for a while).

All those mana pickups (ratchet n clank style) and endless piles of loot should give a clue to the fact that this game is not a pure TD game.

It's the same in every game. If you reach max level in an MMO you expect that the loot you find will be worth alot more. The higher your stats, the better the dungeons, hence the better the loot you can obtain is. It's been like that for a long time with loot based games, you don't expect to make 1m/hr at level one and the same at maximum level with uber gear do you?

The majority want the best items possible, the majority can't obtain them. So the minorities obtain said items then sell them to the majority for a higher value. Allowing more of the casual players (the majority) to obtain the loot. Obviously this means that the minority make a much larger sum of money due to there ability to obtain what the majority can't.