"The Rich Get Richer" part 2 (no flames please)

So I have been busting my butt off in getting geared up... I had a change of heart which hero I wanted to DPS with, and sold off some of the gear I was working on upgrading. That left me enough for a 30mil vendor pet... finally... and so I was developing my group of heroes more and more... spending hours farming mana.

On a good note... it looks like my AFK shopping has been restored... so hopefully they fixed whatever bug that was on the back end... that gives me a LITTLE bit extra mana anyways.

Last night I left a game up to sell of 1 more pet with specific wording for that pet type. In the morning, I found the pet had sold... YAY! Another 30mil pet... when I walked around the corner... there was a fully upgraded 91/91 weapon on the ground. Interesting.... hacker? Who knows... probably... possibly... Merry Christmas? Meh - dunno... the stats are quite epic. So I picked it up and decided to try some UMF... then it hit me like a ton of bricks....

In 30 mins MAX and up to level 11 where I failed on time... I made like I dunno 10-12MIL mana... AND I had about 4-5 solid AFK vendor selable 40-48^ items.... AND I even replaced 2-3 items of my own.

How is this "right" ???? Why is it that until someone is UBERMODE GEARED out to be able to access this level enough to win a couple rounds "proper" ??? Why is it that it takes what most likely is a CHEAT to gain access to this place that would solve every single issue I have with this game???

15-20mil mana per hour is 100% reasonable. My best suggestion is to adjust mana gains in the hard-insane mode levels. Even then - you are taking away the lowbies access to the AFK vending due to garbage gear... and even just on that item alone do the "elites" still thrive with extra mana gains.

It isn't right to make people grind through 100-200 HOURS or more to finally be able to gain entry to a level that gives the rewards like gear and mana gains like this. And who'se to say all these people already deep in this level haven't cheated themselves... for example using duping and mana gaining exploits (like investing 2mil mana on an item to vendor trash it for 30-40mil) in addition to gaps where patches were released that dropped perfect gear and then un-pacthed 24-48 hours after the fact. Or even running with people (you never know) who have cheated/hacked gear to successfully complete levels they usually wouldn't dream of legitly having access to.

Flame on.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been busting my butt off in getting geared up... I had a change of heart which hero I wanted to DPS with, and sold off some of the gear I was working on upgrading. That left me enough for a 30mil vendor pet... finally... and so I was developing my group of heroes more and more... spending hours farming mana.

On a good note... it looks like my AFK shopping has been restored... so hopefully they fixed whatever bug that was on the back end... that gives me a LITTLE bit extra mana anyways.

Last night I left a game up to sell of 1 more pet with specific wording for that pet type. In the morning, I found the pet had sold... YAY! Another 30mil pet... when I walked around the corner... there was a fully upgraded 91/91 weapon on the ground. Interesting.... hacker? Who knows... probably... possibly... Merry Christmas? Meh - dunno... the stats are quite epic. So I picked it up and decided to try some UMF... then it hit me like a ton of bricks....

In 30 mins MAX and up to level 11 where I failed on time... I made like I dunno 10-12MIL mana... AND I had about 4-5 solid AFK vendor selable 40-48^ items.... AND I even replaced 2-3 items of my own.

How is this "right" ???? Why is it that until someone is UBERMODE GEARED out to be able to access this level enough to win a couple rounds "proper" ??? Why is it that it takes what most likely is a CHEAT to gain access to this place that would solve every single issue I have with this game???

15-20mil mana per hour is 100% reasonable. My best suggestion is to adjust mana gains in the hard-insane mode levels. Even then - you are taking away the lowbies access to the AFK vending due to garbage gear... and even just on that item alone do the "elites" still thrive with extra mana gains.

It isn't right to make people grind through 100-200 HOURS or more to finally be able to gain entry to a level that gives the rewards like gear and mana gains like this. And who'se to say all these people already deep in this level haven't cheated themselves... for example using duping and mana gaining exploits (like investing 2mil mana on an item to vendor trash it for 30-40mil) in addition to gaps where patches were released that dropped perfect gear and then un-pacthed 24-48 hours after the fact. Or even running with people (you never know) who have cheated/hacked gear to successfully complete levels they usually wouldn't dream of legitly having access to.

Flame on.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?33709-So-I-was-wrong.-My-apologies.

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?33709-So-I-was-wrong.-My-apologies.

I tried and couldn't complete wave 1 UMF with 250-300 stat aura+traps... granted my DPS is probably only about 95-100k... to get to this point in the game has taken me HOURS of playing... and grinding Hard Ramps and Hard Glitter for mana to boost my gear to even just this stage. I didn't just try one time either... I attempted several strategies I read about online... I have the links bookmarked to player pictures how they are setting up their stats etc... so I its not like I didn't do a bit of research either.

I've solo completed challanges too on insane mode. Things that need precise and quick placing... and upgrading the right items... etc...

EDIT: doesn't matter now... I don't even care if this is a hacked item: I'm in. And I'll continue to upgrade my characters now with gear and upgrades and beat this level. Sucks badly for others out there though who didn't have someone drop an uber item on them.

BTW: if you reading this.... thanks to whomever did it. I know its a huge chance this individual doesn't read forums.... but thank you if you do read this.

As part of your protest, you should re-gift the 91 weapon to me. Pay it forward and all that. That's like a 300 million mana gift/accident.

The reality is, none of the super loots are necessary to become part of the "rich gets richer" crowd, but the people that got them are disproportionally advantaged to farm end game items easier and faster. Last super loot guy I saw had an aura monk with 982 aura damage. I am nearly capped out on the gear attainable now (minus mvp rewards) and I'm still ~250 short of what he had.

I think the point that is important, is that it IS possible. Which completely nul and voids your argument. I'm not flaming, i can understand the frustration that you must feel with the idea that it would take forever to be able to get the gear to do UMF insane. I was personally completely stuck without being able to get past MM insane surv wave 20 or past waves to get me upgrades in UMF insane, until i reworking my strategy, did some reading, and switched to an apprentice dps.

What it boils down to is playing the game well, practice makes perfect!

Case in point: I'm farming UMF insane atm, full clears. I have none of this super loot, I was out of town when the super loot was dropping.

However, I am constantly scouring the shops looking for anyone that might sell a 90+ monk melee weapon. It'd just be faster and more convenient if my monk was more powerful. Consider yourself lucky.

I think my issue is the time... I think any legit player can contest the Mana curve in this game is very very low.

I was shocked at how much mana I was getting in UMF... I actually feel pretty ripped off... I mean... you guys maybe do appreciate this: I did HOURS and HOURS and HOURS now of farming mana..... HOURS. Like: enough time to level 2-3 max level toons in some MMO and gear them out.

I'm sorry... buuut... that ain't right. This is a CONSOL game.

There is a very steep incline that happens with sellable items right now. Once you start acquiring ~45+ armors and ~65+ weapons, they sell for an incredible amount atm. While holding onto your mana wealth seems like the right thing to do, it isn't.

More investment in your gear + a strat that works = high end farming. I went from hours of grind farming making 5-20mil per run.....to making 400 mil in a night with an afk shop. Max out your dps toon. Max out your builders. Win.

It's jealousy plain and simple. The people complaining about this are the same ones who can't access raid content in MMOs and complain that they deserve the same gear as those who put in the time and effort. You don't deserve anything. You get out what you put in. If you can't handle that, then I dunno what to tell you. You're not going to get $45/hr flipping burgers because you think you deserve it. The same should be true in any situation in life. You WANTING something doesn't mean you should have it.

The people with the stuff are the ones who worked for that stuff.

You can't say "oh well they played patch x and I started at patch y..." or "well they did this but I couldn't do that because ...." ..none of those are valid. It's not their fault they bought the game first.. or that they were playing at 7pm instead of watching TV, or whatever.

Don't focus on what other people have. Focus on yourself.

PS
You thinking "x amount of mana in an hour" is reasonable doesn't mean others do. Christ. Get over yourself. If you aren't having fun because you can't stop comparing yourself to how other people play the game, go play Skyrim or something. You can't say that something isn't right because you don't agree with it. Nobody is FORCING you to grind for the gear. You don't HAVE to have it. You want it. If you want it, you have to put the hours in. The problem is, is that you want it RIGHT NOW. You don't want to work for it. You just want it. How about you play for another week or two and slowly build up for it? It's the fault of nobody but yourself if you aren't patient enough to grind for 100 hours.

There is a very steep incline that happens with sellable items right now. Once you start acquiring ~45+ armors and ~65+ weapons, they sell for an incredible amount atm. While holding onto your mana wealth seems like the right thing to do, it isn't.

More investment in your gear + a strat that works = high end farming. I went from hours of grind farming making 5-20mil per run.....to making 400 mil in a night with an afk shop. Max out your dps toon. Max out your builders. Win.

Totally... even now I can see that it helped working on my gear... it seems to be paying off... my Aura Monk needs more work I can see that already.

Getting up to wave 10 for now with that mana gain will basically allow me to max out some pieces of gear which will help a LOT... and then now I have a couple of items I can throw into my AFK shop for even more mana.

I guess that's the point of this thread, really =o The threshold is WAY out of balance... and in the end lowbies have NOTHING to offer to trade... there should be something added that all accounts can get that is "wanted" and that drops even in low levels... that way everyone can sell and trade and make some mana on the side... instead of what it is right now.

I think the point that is important, is that it IS possible. Which completely nul and voids your argument. I'm not flaming, i can understand the frustration that you must feel with the idea that it would take forever to be able to get the gear to do UMF insane. I was personally completely stuck without being able to get past MM insane surv wave 20 or past waves to get me upgrades in UMF insane, until i reworking my strategy, did some reading, and switched to an apprentice dps.

What it boils down to is playing the game well, practice makes perfect!

Quoting to share my experience as well. I was convinced to beat UMF on my own, without purchasing other players' super-loot and only using gear I found in MM and out of UMF to see if the path of progression was still possible without 7.12b drops. I had worked my way up to and had been stuck on wave 13 for at least a week. Even after pushing my builders stats up to 350-400s, and gearing the hell out of my Huntress with three different 70^ weapons picked up in my previous runs, I still ran out of time on wave 13 with 1-5 monsters left to kill.

I saw someone mention the melee Monk worked well with the map, so I decided to give it a try. Snagged a ^59 gunblade with 500~ish base damage from a chest, maxed it out and swapped my Huntress' armor over. Cleared UMF on the first try and for the first time with very little trouble. The simplest things like realizing and accepting that the Huntress might not be the best choice to take out dozens of surrounding ogres, orcs, wyverns and DEWS can make all the difference. Some classes have a distinct advantage over others for certain challenge maps, UMF is no exception.

Quoting to share my experience as well. I was convinced to beat UMF on my own, without purchasing other players' super-loot and only using gear I found in MM and out of UMF to see if the path of progression was still possible without 7.12b drops. I had worked my way up to and had been stuck on wave 13 for at least a week. Even after pushing my builders stats up to 350-400s, and gearing the hell out of my Huntress with three different 70^ weapons picked up in my previous runs, I still ran out of time on wave 13 with 1-5 monsters left to kill.

I saw someone mention the melee Monk worked well with the map, so I decided to give it a try. Snagged a ^59 gunblade with 500~ish base damage from a chest, maxed it out and swapped my Huntress' armor over. Cleared UMF on the first try and for the first time with very little trouble. The simplest things like realizing and accepting that the Huntress might not be the best choice to take out dozens of surrounding ogres, orcs, wyverns and DEWS can make all the difference. Some classes have a distinct advantage over others for certain challenge maps, UMF is no exception.

Ya I switched my DPS and was going to work on an apprentice... just for mana bomb + quick heals + quick repairs... the item the person left for me that was 91/91 is a squire weapon... and I am finding it nice to quickly drop barriers through my auras and traps... the only issue I am finding is that my auras are not lasting long enough and I can't seem to repair them all with my squire... well... most of my gear is 35^ so that will change soon I guess.

Atleast you get updates, we(xbox users) get nothing.

i understand the microsoft policies with patching and all that but in other sense this game has pretty much lost all taste for me.

i have grinded so much this game has killed itself, even when the new updates come out for us if it ever does i most likely wont play it because i know it will just be a repeat.

play new update max out in a week grind, grind, and grind then have to wait a year or longer for new stuff Boring ~.~...

Post a SS of this weapon, I'm curious to see it.

I'm not sure how to post them?

I have never seen anything this insane... so I'm quite certain it is hacked.... but here are the stats:

91/91
64k physical damage
418mil? (the numbers cut off so maybe 418 thousand) damage fire
99 (I think or maybe 199 numbers issue) knockback
148% block
128 to 8 stats (like movement, 2x spec abilities, and some towers)

So ya: am pretty sure it is hacked... I do like 750k DPS in a swing or something like that.... but this IS in ranked.

For the record too... if it even matters... I NEVER EVER do anything but solo in Ranked. I have 4x characters in OPEN that I play with my brother about 2-3 times a week. Not that it excuses it if this is a hacked item and thus: me cheating using it.

Captain Obvious says...hacked.

Welp, you might want to re-think this thread. You are complaining about unfair advantages...while farming with a hacked item that is miles beyond any legit super loot. Just a thought.

In other news.....
WTB 90+ legit melee monk weapon.

Mana wise, I've been pretty poor up until very recently. I give a lot of stuff away to friends and bought a few overpriced items that I never got around to using.

I started off with, what I thought was, an awesome huntress. She dealt about 60k with a bone bow. I got that weapon the first time I completed survival. After that, I did survival one more time and got a second giraffe. The second giraffe had negative stats in casting rate and tower health so I sold it for 30,000,000. That mana went to upgrading my first giraffe for my aura monk to use.

At this point, I tried UMF with my huntress and would finish the first wave. The second wave was too much so I spent the first half killing, and the second half looting. It's not fun losing early on but I can't complain. I got a few armor pieces in the 40s that I was able to sell.

But it was becoming evident that I didn't have the right combination to advance any further so I tried mix mode four times. Two of those games, I got early deaths from orcs passing through barriers. The third game got me far enough to get a set of 30-40 upgrade plate armor to max resists on. I used my huntress for this but was able to pick up some staves because of my friend's apprentice. With the armor and a staff, I respeced my tower apprentice to a DPS build.

I went back to UMF and made about 200 million selling stuff I would get before dying on wave 11. I reinvested that money into better armor (I think I bought the boots but had picked up everything else from those runs) and improved my strategy. Eventually, I got a better staff and started hitting wave 13 reliably. I was stuck on this wave for a few days but, again, I was making decent money selling 40up armors and 60up weapons for a million each. I made enough money to buy a monk weapon and upgrade it.

The monk sucked for soloing. I don't think I did enough DPS with it. So I helped my friend level his monk to 60 (sixty, not seventy), gave him that weapon and the plate armor I had from earlier and we attempted to duo UMF. Can't say it was easy but we beat it on our first try with about 10 seconds to spare.

After that game, I got a staff that lets me solo the map.

Right away, I opened up a shop put in my 2 reward pets from the two player run, the pet from my solo run, two pets I bought from tavernkeep and a friend's giraffe, and any gear I didn't need. I made 200million in under five minutes. I made 200 more within the next hour.

Captain Obvious says...hacked.

Welp, you might want to re-think this thread. You are complaining about unfair advantages...while farming with a hacked item that is miles beyond any legit super loot. Just a thought.

When I've reach the gear goals necessary to be on the level that I want to be on... I'll retire it. Even if it is hacked... which I can't prove or disprove either way... that's not even the point. The point is that now I have a method to cut down on the needed time block... a completely shallow and unnecessary time block... that prevents me access to the game.

I just cut about 100-200 hours more of unnecessary and needless time sink by having this 1 item.

That doesn't negate the point that I cannot even participate in AFK shops UNTIL I gain access to this content... therefore not only would I have to spend HOURS and HOURS farming 2mil per hour gains... vs 15-20mil per hour gains... IN ADDITION to that MASSIVE setback.... I also am mearly a feeder/buyer into the AFK market... or a non-participator. Spending possibly MILLIONS more mana just to pick up items I am currently leaving on the ground.

It ain't right.

[QUOTE]a completely shallow and unnecessary time block... that prevents me access to the game.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean here. You don't like having to be progressively better geared/strategize to get access to progressively harder content with progressively better rewards? (hint: progress) You have access to every single map the game has to offer, though beating it completely is directly tied to your skill as a player.

[QUOTE]I cannot even participate in AFK shops UNTIL I gain access to this content[/QUOTE]
Nothing about this is true. You can afk shop anytime you want. I'm guessing if you cant afk shop for 500 mil/hour you consider it a waste of time...?

[QUOTE]It ain't right.[/QUOTE]
I'm still confused tbh. Can you sum up your argument into a 1 sentence statement?

If you cannot make it past wave 11 there is something more wrong here than the system.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008729586/screenshot/650999433919314386

see this weapon? This is what I use to pull 136k dps and get to wave 13+. I can only ponder as to how it took a hacked 750k dps weapon to even get to 11 and then fail.

It was my first run with it... I got the item... did 1 game with it... posted this thread. I'm sure I'll beat it tonight when I get home from work. Tweak my late game strategies a little.

It was my first run with it... I got the item... did 1 game with it... posted this thread. I'm sure I'll beat it tonight when I get home from work. Tweak my late game strategies a little.

Guy, hand me that weapon and I will hold down mouse1 and win without any traps or auras. How can you NOT win with a hacked weapon like that? You hardly need a strat at all when you do 750k damage per hit.