[Official] Forum Thoughts/Suggestions

[...]
MOAR HOTKEYS
*Hotkey to drop a hundred mana
*Hotkey to bring up hero window
*Hotkey to sell
*Pretty much if it can be done, HOTKEY
[...]

For PC I think just being able to type in the amount of mana you want to drop would be great, too.

Regarding the forums - A sub-forum for guides/tactics discussions/Watchamacallit would be a good idea. Right now it is coupled with the Trading forum and eventually you'll end up having to scroll through multiple pages of "Selling this" and "looking for that"-threads in order to find some map guides/discussions unless you're looking for something really specific and use the search function.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys lets keep this thread to suggestions in regards to the forums only. Thanks. Its hard to wade through everything else.

off the top of my head i think the forums should have...

newbie section

and the Trading, Guides and Grouping should be broken further down to a separate one for trading and another for guides and grouping. Its almost impossible to find guides or grouping threads as trade threads get spammed 24/7 off everyone and his dog

and the Trading, Guides and Grouping should be broken further down to a separate one for trading and another for guides and grouping. Its almost impossible to find guides or grouping threads as trade threads get spammed 24/7 off everyone and his dog

Agree++, it's hard to find people wanting to groups or group/clans/clubs available, trading needs to be moved to it's own forum.

off the top of my head i think the forums should have...

newbie section

I like this. :^)

Fix the forum theme for people you ignore please.

Today the first time in probably ever, I had to used the ignore feature on a forum. However I noticed a problem with the posts for the ignored user. It looks like the ignore page hasn't been switched over to the DD theme so you get this umm interesting lightblue header and mostly white text on a white background. It has amazing glare functionality. :P

a strategy forum for guides/strategy would be nice

I also agree with this. Trading posts make guides impossible to find in the subforums, unless the author remembered to put "Guide" in the title so the search function would locate them.

Why is there a message that progress in a level may be lost when I try to return to the tavern at the end of a game?

Sometimes I jump in just to play one round. I finish it, kill everything and don't want to click the crystal to go to the next level. I want to go to the tavern to quit but I get a message saying progress will be lost even though it's already saved due to the end of the level.

When I click on the crystal at the end of a game can I please have the option to go to the next match or back to the tavern?

Understood, If you have completed the wave and you see the little blue circle in the bottom right, that is the game saving. Once you are in level victory you are fine to go straight back to the tavern.

But I do understand how the warning can make you... nervous.

I kinda wish the trade forum was split from grouping. Trade posts make the posts go by pretty fast and I don't think it's easy to really group up there.

Small CSS fix: change ignored posts to fit in to the forum's overall theme.
Right now they are kind of hard to... ignore.

Example with names/content censored.

I suggest recruiting some unfortunate souls to become moderators. There are over 10 thousand members now and that number is growing ridiculously fast.

The forums could definitely do with more active moderators to bring order to the chaos (not to say that the current moderators aren't active enough)

I also think that the moderators should move topics more often, right now the General section of the forums is a mess and about half of the topics there should really be in other sub-sections of the forums. It would be better for everyone if topics like "what is a good weapon for [insert class here]" or "[class] is op/up" were immediately moved to the correct forum. :)

Another thing I just noticed: The forum software adds the "Staff post" image to threads if Moderators post in them.

Obviously the moderators are not employees of Trendy so the forum shouldn't consider them devs.

I suggest recruiting some unfortunate souls to become moderators. There are over 10 thousand members now and that number is growing ridiculously fast.

The forums could definitely do with more active moderators to bring order to the chaos (not to say that the current moderators aren't active enough)

Definitely. I reported a post that is blatant, active trolling in the Console section (it was a post from a PC player and even name-called console players "console kiddies" and used the term "Xbawks") and was told by one of the current moderators that the post "made a point" and the thread was immediately locked. There either need to be more, or better, moderators.

I kinda wish the trade forum was split from grouping. Trade posts make the posts go by pretty fast and I don't think it's easy to really group up there.

I Second this, the trade bumps always hide if any grouping post there is in that forum. So id also like to see a split between trade and grouping.

Definitely. I reported a post that is blatant, active trolling in the Console section (it was a post from a PC player and even name-called console players "console kiddies" and used the term "Xbawks") and was told by one of the current moderators that the post "made a point" and the thread was immediately locked. There either need to be more, or better, moderators.

Thread was locked because someone made a thread for a topic that had been addressed. Regardless that the person in the thread seemed "trolling" to you, you do not see what action we take. That person also made a point, that both Sony and Microsoft restrict the ability of TE to patch it as often as they patch Steam. As a console player myself I did not take offense to what that person said, if you did PM me to discuss.

It would be nice to see the Trading and Grouping sections split. Basically it just doesn't feel like a good place to actually post about finding groups due to the massive amount of trade information being constantly posted / bumped.

Seperate the trading and grouping forums.
Those things have nothing in common and there is ZERO grouping going on, with trading being the much more popular subject.
With an own forum there might be some grouping going on, but adding a grouping thread into what is basically a trading forum with a weird name feels pointless.

: Oh, 2 posts above. Well, now you REALLY have to do it.

• 2 weeks later...