Sign in to follow this  
Mysticales

Is Local/Open MP Already hacked? Seen some crazy items and scores.

Just wondering, also abit of a concern before I keep playing my Local char. Friend of mine just got traded a staff that only does 1 point physical dmg.. but 2.5k Poison. That seems wow... for mowing.. Doesnt seem like a natural item or is it?

Also seen things on the early levels people having like 19,999,999 in 5 mins as a score.

Makes me worry if the game is already hacked up? Which case I guess I should go on ranked server where its secure.

Just wondering, what is everyone else playing on? Is there issues now with Open play? Thanks. =)

That's kinda the point of Open and the reason why I play only on TrendyNet now. Open is for modding and stuff like that. Of course when a game first comes out the first thing most people do is find memory or save editors and cheat up the place. Give it a few months and some REAL mods will come out. And then you can play those with some trusted friends you make from TrendyNet in private games.

That's kinda the point of Open and the reason why I play only on TrendyNet now. Open is for modding and stuff like that. Of course when a game first comes out the first thing most people do is find memory or save editors and cheat up the place. Give it a few months and some REAL mods will come out. And then you can play those with some trusted friends you make from TrendyNet in private games.

Cross platform play is also likely going to be locked to open, which is another reason to play open if you plan on playing with people using other systems.

Hey, now if I could sync my android DunDef up to my steam one, or use it. THAT would make me happy. I take it however, thats not here yet? Loved playing on my streak 7 =D But thanks for the heads up. Last night my friends and I in irc started up. So before we get too far. Rather play on the better mode. I hear events on ranked server too. So thats cool. =)

Just wondering, also abit of a concern before I keep playing my Local char. Friend of mine just got traded a staff that only does 1 point physical dmg.. but 2.5k Poison. That seems wow... for mowing.. Doesnt seem like a natural item or is it?

Also seen things on the early levels people having like 19,999,999 in 5 mins as a score.

Makes me worry if the game is already hacked up? Which case I guess I should go on ranked server where its secure.

Just wondering, what is everyone else playing on? Is there issues now with Open play? Thanks. =)

Open MP is for People that want to Modify ( Mod ) the game there are under , Cheater , hacker , Modder , Total conversion Mods , community made classes pets and so on ... downside Hackers , cheater

Hey, now if I could sync my android DunDef up to my steam one, or use it. THAT would make me happy. I take it however, thats not here yet? Loved playing on my streak 7 =D But thanks for the heads up. Last night my friends and I in irc started up. So before we get too far. Rather play on the better mode. I hear events on ranked server too. So thats cool. =)

You can import your mobile characters (one way transfer) into open mode. Ranked mode, however, is fully self contained with itself (i'm assuming this is why ranked mode won't have cross play but open will). There's a guide on how to do it somewhere around here, but long story short you have to run a batch file in the DD game folder and give it the path to wherever your save file is.

Yes we'll add support for exporting Ranked characters to Open, it's a sensible suggestion. Won't make it into this next 7.04 patch, but we'll try to do it in one of the upcoming patches soon.

Thanks,
Jeremy

If hacked 2 billion point scores are 'okay' in these versions, why even have a leaderboard and why show the top player on the forge? Limit leaderboards and the forge place of honor to the ranked version.

Yea... really a leaderboard in local is pointless. However I would make it be for local side only. Say like your PERSONAL leaderboard for local. Your friends can help you with the score etc. However the local leaderboard will not show up for others to see. Only the hosts game will have its results.

Also
http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ Shows how to get the chars brought over. =)

Tho I do wonder.. On the trendy servers. Why not allow Android and PC and so to be linked up? Least to get the chars. Would require mobile to be Wifi connected to play, but I would rather play at work using my tablet and come home and continue. Is this on the future plans?

If hacked 2 billion point scores are 'okay' in these versions, why even have a leaderboard and why show the top player on the forge? Limit leaderboards and the forge place of honor to the ranked version.

Call it the hacker leaderboard lol.