#We need a new currency

How about silver tokens? You could exchange 100 mil for 1 silver token, 1000 mil = gold token.

I know some people would feel bad about this, but it will vastly improve the market which is lackluster at the moment.

While you do this please make sure that the "regular" gamer gets good enough weapons and the super rare ones only improve a little bit from the regular items.

Oh yea, and only if this game is hackfree.. Do rollbacks if needed.. So the market can stay good!

Because it would have the same effect as increasing the mana cap. Why does everyone want something that they can store mana in? It's litterally just a roundabout way of increasing the mana cap.

Because it would have the same effect as increasing the mana cap. Why does everyone want something that they can store mana in? It's litterally just a roundabout way of increasing the mana cap.

Ever considered how wow would be if all you had was... copper?
I would have 8 000 000 000 copper then.

Maybe we could have something like Eternia dust, eternia shard as a higher value/quantity.

Ever considered how wow would be if all you had was... copper?
I would have 8 000 000 000 copper then.

Maybe we could have something like Eternia dust, eternia shard as a higher value/quantity.

That sounds nice..

Little chunk of eternia shard = 1 mil
Medium sized chunk of eternia shard = 100 mil
Big chunk of eternia shard = 1000 mil

Not if you couldn't convert the currency back into mana, though I doubt that's what the OP would want. They could add another shop section for "uber" items that cost "coins" instead of mana, which would give them their value and encourage people to convert and trade them. Though I'd rather they just increase the mana cap (especially since I play local/solo and can't even use the 2bil store limit).

They need to just increase the 'services' provided to create a cash sink, like "increase loot quality for the next map" 10 million(does not apply to survival or end of level rewards)

The only way a new currency would be valuable is if it was generated in a way different from mana, like defeating bosses or beating challenges.

This threads are getting kinda boring. If some people dont know what to do with their mana, i would suggest that trendy adds an option to buy "army-like" ranks for appearence only beside the name. Each rank for 1 bil should do the trick with this threads :D

I find it funny/sad that people complain about having too much mana while I don't even have my gear maxed and I'm already at 0 again.

I find it funny/sad that people complain about having too much mana while I don't even have my gear maxed and I'm already at 0 again.

^This. I'm in the same boat. I don't see myself hitting (and staying at) the 100M cap, yet alone the 2B shop cap, anytime soon.

Opened up my shop yesterday, gained 1.3B in 10 minutes. It is just THAT easy to get money.
Sold loots from 4 UMF run. Still have 10 pages left from those, because can't sell any more due to mana cap.

I wish there was something to spend the mana on other than upgrades.
That way the billions would go out from the system, and prices would be more reasonable.
I can't even buy good gear for mana, because people selling the good gear are also money capped, and they want different, but same quality gear in return.

Not everyone can solo insane UMF, for example me. So my mana income depends on doing 2 hour MM survival runs to get 100 mill. Items looted from those 2 hours aren't worth trying to sell in AFK shop.

Bit too late to do anything at this point. Economy screwed up to such a high degree, that their only option would be to wipe everyone's characters and start over. I doubt very many people would want that atm >< Setting up shops use to be my favorite thing to do, but now I spend 4-6 hours getting 60^ weapons that i can barely sell for 3-4m a piece. Just isn't worth it anymore.

In short, there is no working economy anymore. Far too inflated at this point.

In short, there is no working economy anymore. Far too inflated at this point.

IMO, I don't think DD ever had a working economy. Just the illusion of one for the hardcore/elite/lucky ones, who could easily get the items wanted by the casual/unlucky ones.

As time goes on, more players will be able to complete the content that one time only the hardcore could do. More people will be selling to fewer and fewer people, since once they have that uber gear, they won't need to buy anything more from the player shops.

Then Trendy adds new content in patch/DLC that out classes anything currently in game, and the cycle repeats.

The illusion lasted as long as it did because of Trendy's rapid patching and DLC releases, which seems to have slowed down lately.

It's hilarious how inflated the economy in this game is. Instead of raising the mana cap, make everything cost less.

Items are not rare enough in this game to need an economy and if they were the game would suck. Stop trying to put an economy into a single player game.

Well what the community needs to do is pick a standardized item to move to, but unfortunately there is no such thing in the game. If anyone has played Diable II, I am trying to refer to Stone of Jordan's or High Runes. These stabilized the economy. But like everyone else has said, Trendy either expands the mana cap which causes inflation, or releases monster items that make the inflated items worthless to the people who bought them a week ago. Its rough, especially for someone like me stuck in the middle. It is very hard to get out of this rut without friends, and I don't have any that play.

Well what the community needs to do is pick a standardized item to move to, but unfortunately there is no such thing in the game. If anyone has played Diable II, I am trying to refer to Stone of Jordan's or High Runes. These stabilized the economy. But like everyone else has said, Trendy either expands the mana cap which causes inflation, or releases monster items that make the inflated items worthless to the people who bought them a week ago. Its rough, especially for someone like me stuck in the middle. It is very hard to get out of this rut without friends, and I don't have any that play.

A good solution would be also increasing the upgrade cost of top-tier items.

You want stuff over 100? Then pay 50-150M for enchants over 100.
That would suck out huge amount of mana from the economy, and at the same time those items would become the most valuable things.
Imagine 200/200 pet. NOW that worth something.

Not like anyone needs 100+ items to beat ANYTHING in this game.

Insane suggestion which probably will never be implemented: Seasonal wipe. :p (A long forgotten concept which no one seems to use anymore...)

What this game needs to fix its economy is to fix the mana exploits. Doesn't matter how many mana sinks you have if there is infinite, quick generation.