Consoles. Please?

Can us console players please get some information on where we stand, because it increasingly feels like we're being left in the dark. Now I already now about the lost crystals DLC and that it's microsoft pending. But why about all the other great extras that the PC players are enjoying? Like the alt genders, all the new costumes, the holiday DLC and the possibility of Nightmare mode.

I love this game, it's bought me hours of fun and it's currently my favourite multiplayer game, but I really would like to know where we stand, even if its bot welcome news, it's still news. Thanks.

Can us console players please get some information on where we stand, because it increasingly feels like we're being left in the dark. Now I already now about the lost crystals DLC and that it's microsoft pending. But why about all the other great extras that the PC players are enjoying? Like the alt genders, all the new costumes, the holiday DLC and the possibility of Nightmare mode.

I love this game, it's bought me hours of fun and it's currently my favourite multiplayer game, but I really would like to know where we stand, even if its bot welcome news, it's still news. Thanks.

Where you stand is the approval process of sony/microsoft. I'm not sure about sony but with microsoft you have to pay (or at least, they take a hefty chunk of profits) to update a game. Not only that but every single update that is not a hotfix has to go through Microsoft's relatively long process where they personally evaluate the content to make sure its stable and they feel safe with releasing it. The reason they can't hotfix is because that has to be a pre-planned function which trendy did not implement on consoles. With the hundres (thousands?) of games on consoles and the XBLA and PSN store this takes foreer, with AAA titles getting priority. you will have to wait, and it has been said that console will not get all the features that us pc players do. All you can do is wait and deal.

TL;DR: PC master race.

Trendy is not intentionally leaving you guys in the dirt. Blame the stupid approval process that Microsoft/Sony require of their games and their content.

I suggest getting this on PC, you won't have to deal with that stupid crap here.

Where you stand is the approval process of sony/microsoft. I'm not sure about sony but with microsoft you have to pay (or at least, they take a hefty chunk of profits) to update a game. Not only that but every single update that is not a hotfix has to go through Microsoft's relatively long process where they personally evaluate the content to make sure its stable and they feel safe with releasing it. The reason they can't hotfix is because that has to be a pre-planned function which trendy did not implement on consoles. With the hundres (thousands?) of games on consoles and the XBLA and PSN store this takes foreer, with AAA titles getting priority. you will have to wait, and it has been said that console will not get all the features that us pc players do. All you can do is wait and deal.

TL;DR: PC master race.

I already know about the lengthy approval times, I just want to know if we'll be getting the content that's available on PC at all.

Ok, maybe I should clarify; I'm not asking when the lost crystals will be out on console. So please stop saying "it's waiting approval"

I already know about the lengthy approval times, I just want to know if we'll be getting the content that's available on PC at all.

Some, yes. All, no. Specifically what? Not a clue

Ok, maybe I should clarify; I'm not asking when the lost crystals will be out on console. So please stop saying "it's waiting approval"

We weren't talking about the lost crystal, we were speaking in general terms. Long approval times and microsoft validation means it will all take a long time, and some may not get through.

Also, trendy said that some content they are planning for pc simply couldn't be put on console. I don't think they specified as to what content they were referring too.

I can't remember where, but I've seen it posted a few times that they can't update consoles like they can pc, and that they can't update through DLC, so if you want more than what consoles have right now, buy it on pc. The other day it was 75% off, and chances are soonish it will be on sale again, no reason to still play it on consoles. I made the switch 3 weeks ago and never looked back.

Here's some information:

http://create.msdn.com/en-US/home/faq/xbox_live_indie_games[[948,hashtags]]

One thing I'd really like to point out is an excerpt from that link:

Can developers publish free games?
There's no mechanism to distribute free games on Xbox LIVE Indie Games, but we're always exploring new methods of distribution.

Which is the closest to "adding new content" as is described in the FAQ. Updates seem to be related to patching only, not new material, with significant size constraints.

Especially if you consider:

What are the requirements for game pricing?
Depending on the size of the game, there are two sets of prices:

Games with binaries less than 50 MB in size can be 80, 240, or 400 points.
Games with binaries equal to or greater than 50 MB in size can be 240, or 400 points.

Meaning that recent patches could be costing you way more than you paid for the original game.

So give them some time to develop a small concise patch which is 100% stable. Otherwise you'll be a sad panda.

Most likely the delay is that they want to have a significant chunk of DLC available when they release it and that it will be one singular bundle, that way they can justify asking for money for it.

That's not to say they wouldn't provide the patch free if they could, it's just the rules of the XBawkes marketplace.

If this did not fully answer your question, please just ask and I will be glad to go into more detail with anything you did not understand or were unclear on.

I would like to move the motion for information regarding the PS3 version.
All the talk about "console" versions, be it fees or DLC or pricing, have only been in reference to the 360 and Microsoft.

I am honestly sick of trying to decipher between console posts that only talk about the 360 version. Does Sony charge 10k per patch? Does Sony have a month long approval process? Has the first DLC been submitted to Sony?

The answers to these questions can drastically influence how we perceive the process Trendy is taking. If Sony does not charge a ridiculous price for patching then why can't Trendy release patches on the PS3 version faster than the 360?

Differentiating between the PS3 and the 360 version when referencing consoles is absolutely important and I am tired of the lack of information for the PS3 version.

I would like to move the motion for information regarding the PS3 version.
All the talk about "console" versions, be it fees or DLC or pricing, have only been in reference to the 360 and Microsoft.

I am honestly sick of trying to decipher between console posts that only talk about the 360 version. Does Sony charge 10k per patch? Does Sony have a month long approval process? Has the first DLC been submitted to Sony?

The answers to these questions can drastically influence how we perceive the process Trendy is taking. If Sony does not charge a ridiculous price for patching then why can't Trendy release patches on the PS3 version faster than the 360?

Differentiating between the PS3 and the 360 version when referencing consoles is absolutely important and I am tired of the lack of information for the PS3 version.

I have never actually been involved in developing anything for Sony.

Can I have 30 minutes to get back with you on that?

I have never actually been involved in developing anything for Sony.

Can I have 30 minutes to get back with you on that?

Very funny. But in all seriousness I would like to see clarifications regarding "console" information from the developers.

Very funny. But in all seriousness I would like to see clarifications regarding "console" information from the developers.

They aren't going to have a completely different answer (probably) this stuff is fairly standardized.

Anyway, most of the Sony stuff is locked behind a licence wall, which I don't have. Though from what I hear, it's easier to develop for.

Sony definitely has an easier time with patches. My games tend to patch quite often though how often I can be too sure as it auto patches with the Plus service. Patches seem to be pretty common though for PSN games.

Though from what I hear, it's easier to develop for.

That is my understanding as well. I also remember back, maybe a few years ago, Sony had some sort of release about how they were reducing costs for Indie developers and making the entire process much easier for lower budget companies.

But my point remains valid. Whenever "consoles" comes up it's always regarding the 360 version, which is weird because the only console version that has the potential for cross-platform is the PS3.

You would think they would have talked more about the PS3 version by now.

Sony definitely has an easier time with patches. My games tend to patch quite often though how often I can be too sure as it auto patches with the Plus service. Patches seem to be pretty common though for PSN games.

See this is something I am looking for. Trendy sure likes to mention the patching fees and the "one free patch" but I honestly don't think this applies to the PS3 nor do I have evidence to support why it would apply.

That is my understanding as well. I also remember back, maybe a few years ago, Sony had some sort of release about how they were reducing costs for Indie developers and making the entire process much easier for lower budget companies.

But my point remains valid. Whenever "consoles" comes up it's always regarding the 360 version, which is weird because the only console version that has the potential for cross-platform is the PS3.

You would think they would have talked more about the PS3 version by now.

See this is something I am looking for. Trendy sure likes to mention the patching fees and the "one free patch" but I honestly don't think this applies to the PS3 nor do I have evidence to support why it would apply.

Yeah, I'm not going to say much more on it though, really is a dead zone for me.

Hey! Look at it this way!

PCs are just Beta testers for your fully tested fully stable fully complete content!

PCs are just Beta testers for your fully tested fully stable fully complete content!

But the time spent playing now is pointless due to Super Loot. >.>

If it weren't for the new classes there would be no point in playing DD after they finally patch the game. That is honestly the only thing that I validate the long wait for.

I really dont understand why the devs refuse to shed any light on the situation, they take a fairly active role on the forum, yet we've had no response on this matter. To be honest at this point I don't care about the lost shards stuff, I'd much rather know where we stand on all the current PC stuff. I won't hold my breath though.

I'd be happy with simple changes to the apprentice and monk that made their towers much better on the PC. Extra content can wait.

Edit: and the tower upgrade stat ramping. These features are what I miss most between playing on the PC and the PS3.

I really dont understand why the devs refuse to shed any light on the situation, they take a fairly active role on the forum, yet we've had no response on this matter. To be honest at this point I don't care about the lost shards stuff, I'd much rather know where we stand on all the current PC stuff. I won't hold my breath though.

Because it has nothing to do with the developers. They said about a month ago that they'd already submitted a patch. Have you seen that patch yet?

Because it has nothing to do with the developers. They said about a month ago that they'd already submitted a patch. Have you seen that patch yet?

I think you kinda missed my point.

I think you kinda missed my point.

I don't think I did. The developers have said everything they can on the situation. They said that they're trying to smoothen things out before releasing things onto consoles because they can't do constant updates like they can on PC. There's nothing more to be said except it's a much longer process for consoles and there's nothing the developers can do about it, plus it's more beneficial to you guys in the long run if you wait and get a fully fledged patch that fixes everything instead of getting ones that break some things and fix others, because as I said, if they give you something broken it'll take a long time to fix.

I don't think I did. The developers have said everything they can on the situation. They said that they're trying to smoothen things out before releasing things onto consoles because they can't do constant updates like they can on PC. There's nothing more to be said except it's a much longer process for consoles and there's nothing the developers can do about it, plus it's more beneficial to you guys in the long run if you wait and get a fully fledged patch that fixes everything instead of getting ones that break some things and fix others, because as I said, if they give you something broken it'll take a long time to fix.

Ok, I'm not asking "when will we get x" I'm asking "will we be getting x at all?"

Ok, I'm not asking "when will we get x" I'm asking "will we be getting x at all?"

Of course you will! They're not going to alienate you guys, they just need to take their time in bringing you things because it's a lengthy process that can't be corrected at a whim like with PC users. I do think that you guys should already at least have halloween and maybe the Warping Core and Gender Swap DLCs, but maybe you'll be getting a 'all-in-one' DLC with the Shards DLC.

Of course you will! They're not going to alienate you guys, they just need to take their time in bringing you things because it's a lengthy process that can't be corrected at a whim like with PC users. I do think that you guys should already at least have halloween and maybe the Warping Core and Gender Swap DLCs, but maybe you'll be getting a 'all-in-one' DLC with the Shards DLC.

That's all I was asking, we've been told about the Lost shards stuff, but the rest is a bit of a grey area, I was just wondering If any light had been shed on the other stuff.

From my understanding the only DLC we can get pre-patching is the Shards DLC since that was planned from the start. Any other DLC after that would require a patch for the DLC to work. That is the primary reason why Trendy has yet to mention any details on future DLC for consoles since they do not know how much they can get in a single patch and how much that patch will allow.

But to be clear; Trendy has submitted the Shards DLC and not a patch. It is the DLC only. There is a huge difference between the first DLC and patches.