DunDef Digest 12/8/2011 Discussion Thread

O-A Dungeon Lovers!

12/8/2011

There are many jokes and puns I could use to bring you into this feature of the DunDef Digest but the extent to which your mind may or may not be blown may be influential enough to probably guarantee (60%... ish) that this digest just might induce increasing amounts of serotonin in your system caused by the the release of that very neurotransmitter at the synapse followed by multiple re-uptake inhibitors that may or may not be caused by the jokes and puns that I have or have not put into this feature of the DunDef Digest. Though I'm guessing you just want the content.

- You've been asking, guessing, theorycrafting, raging, begging, and sacrificing small animals all in the hopes of snagging a little piece of what our new difficulty mode entails. Well allow me to kind of answer that statement I just made prior to this one and invite you up front in this lemo of words to let Argyle drive you to the thrill that is Nightmare Mode.

• Nightmare has a musk about it. If I were to describe that musk (and I were) I'd compare it to a whole lot of John McClane. Thats right kids and kiddettes. Before you climb to the top of the Nakatomi Plaza you must remember that no shoes are aloud at this party. While you battle in the realm of Nightmare you may feel that we have nerfed you a bit... because we did. But true Heroes walk on broken glass.

• Nightmare: Nightmarer. Not as impressive as what was before or what's to come, but you best understand that these creeps will be more difficult, and they'll show up with more friends than the original.

• Nightmare with a Vengeance. Thats right cowboys, Yippie-ki-yay, this mode evolves with DLC. As our Heroes fight on to save the world and taunt creeps with their O-A's, we will be incorporating the new enemies. Prepare to replay the campaign like it was never planned. It's time to partner up an prep some new strats. Don't worry though, Zeus is a smart dude.

• Live Free or Nightmare we always say here at TE. And by that I don't know what I mean. We have not finalized how the mode will be distributed. Our plan is that PC users that own the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards will be able to host the mode, while others will be able to join on them (just like we've done with most of our DLC). I will note as plainly as possible, this mode is currently PC only.

- Not to be overshadowed is The Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards themselves. I just don't wanna spoil that fun quite yet. Well...

- Can you deal with THAT. The Controller Online has crowned us Downloadable Game of the Year! In their article they mention that we "All Sorts" and "of Fun". They also seemed to be very impressed with "14.99". Thank you Controller Online team!

- Now don't forget about our Original Dungeon Defenders Creations Contest! You can win a free copy of our New Heroes DLC! The deadline is December 9th... but we will say December 9th at close... and we don't really close at normal business hours. You basically have another 24 hours to send your entry to [email]Contest@TrendyEnt.com[/email]

- We know how you guys love a little candy on your holidays. Invite this little lady over to sweeten up your December with hot cocoa and oodles of jingle!

Hello Mrs Santa Squire, my name I JDan, how you doin?

A Good Day to Nightmare,
JDanford

Discuss this Digest here!

First!

Seriously?

Are you seriously posting "First"?

Anyway, Mrs Santa squire is ridiculous. Kinda wish the countess had gotten that costume. Would have been awesome.

Also, I like the new spaces for mounting heads. Probably eternia shard related?

Exciting!

Also kinda terrified of these new Nightmare modes. This patch includes up to level 80, right?

I still want to know what the entry barrier will be for Nightmare mode. Will we have to farm Insane survival for super loot before we can even start on the first maps or will this be how we progress into better loot like every other campaign difficulty mode allowed before?

Could've at least told consolers we weren't getting this (i.e. nightmare mode) a long while back :D Somehow I'm still surprised every time we get shafted. (in before someone pops in and says 'they never said consolers would get it'; we weren't told the opposite, either, the hell else were we to assume?) I just hope to god your DLC for console is good, or I'm gonna have to take this game behind a shed and put it down for good, just like Ol' Yeller. :/ But then it seems like that's what you plan on doing ultimately with your console playerbase.

Keep up the great work though, it really is an awesome game, I'm just sorry I bought it on the wrong platform.

You certainly threw ME a curveball with the Mrs. Clause outfit. Here's to guessing Nutcracker Apprentice?

The way you're phrasing the Nightmare tidbits, it looks alot like the system utilized by such games as Diablo 2; Lost Eternia Shards in general being our Act 5, albeit segmented.

That now begs the question, if you've thought/planned that far ahead: Does this give credit to the possibility there'll be a Hell Mode for the next DLC/levelcap? (I will strangle a thousand Kobold babies if you make Hell Mode give -100 to all resists/stats and make enemies immune to two elements simultaneously.)

Also, this Digest now demands that the next teaser has the Tavernkeep killing the Ancient Dragon in mid-flight by launching a carriage from the Frostwhatsis map.

Because he was out of bullets.

Might as well ask here but since the console user won't ever see holiday themed dlc, is there any chance of us being able to get our hands on the Von Wulfenstein (Forgive the spelling)? Will it be included in the Lost Shards dlc?

About the VW, I doubt if we'll ever get it, or anything from the holiday content (not that TE is at fault for that), and as such doubt that it will come in our DLC. A post in the console forums said we will get "costumes" in our patch, but who knows if that will hold true come January? (Once again, not that it will be TE itself that is at fault for being denied permission to release such content to us) To be honest though, VW doesn't seem like that great a weapon being that from what I can see, its dps is largely dependent on lightning damage & all projectiles hitting the same target at once. I assume though that we will be getting better weapons when DLC is released, as it would be kinda... well, fail, if there wasn't. :p

So, Trendy, what DO we consoler's get? Give us the guarantee'd info. Will we see superloot? Will we, at some point, see nightmare mode at all? Similarly to the patch notes for pc users, give us a bulleted list of what we will see in the DLC, as well as a bulleted list of our upcoming patch (the approved stuff, not the 'planned' stuff. I don't want to hear "plans" that will get abandoned halfway through). We need this, because as it stands, i just may not get the dlc. I was planning on entering the contest as well, but with a response from JDan saying not so sure if their is a consoler prize and Pmasher not responding yet, do you guys even plan things out at all with console in mind? Or do you slap 50 things out for pc then weed out the few things that you can do for consoles, then tell consolers they will recieve it 2 months from now (after it had already been out for a month).

I had trendy's back for a while. I had been lashing out at whiners with the understanding that you guys are doing your best. But from what i can see, after making a great game like this and putting it on multiple platforms, you guys could have done much better with your player-base. For future reference, don't support your games on other platforms that you cannot treat equally.

Hold on, no Nightmare mode for consoles? And no Holiday DLC? Why not just include it with the Eternia shards DLC? Us console gamers don't get straight answers when we ask these questions, and I doubt that's going to change any tine soon.

Bwahahahahaha!! It's like the Squire is becoming the Pyro (TF2) of Dungeon Defenders, with the most ridiculous and bizarre costumes.

And I love it!

Don't worry guys. Console won't get anything, we probably won't even get Super-Loot, lets be honest, we all bought it for the wrong platform. Without super-loot is there really anything to look forward too, because we probably won't get Holiday dlc until....after January, maybe in the middle of it. What can they do, some bug fixes, maybe costumes. I think I'm just going to by the PC Dungeon Defenders. To be honest guys, its not worth being pulled around about DLC that won't happen any time soon. I was patient and patient and blah blah blah.

From what I heard we were supposed to get some DLC in mid December, but its not even in the freaking DunDef Digest, so I bet its pushed back to Late Dec early January, then it'll be pushed to February.

Just go ask your parents, or go buy the PC version and never have to worry about updates again, give Trendy another ~20-25 bucks to help them promote the PC, it's an investment you'll be pleased with. I can't wait to maybe join the PC community, never again will I be ignored, and given sketchy answers. Until I see some results I feel this whole PSN and MS thing is a ruse.

I love you Trendy, but Sketchy answers, "promises" nothing ever in Digest, not-worthwhile Console events, just whatever.

Don't worry guys. Console won't get anything, we probably won't even get Super-Loot, lets be honest, we all bought it for the wrong platform. Without super-loot is there really anything to look forward too, because we probably won't get Holiday dlc until....after January, maybe in the middle of it. What can they do, some bug fixes, maybe costumes. I think I'm just going to by the PC Dungeon Defenders. To be honest guys, its not worth being pulled around about DLC that won't happen any time soon. I was patient and patient and blah blah blah.

From what I heard we were supposed to get some DLC in mid December, but its not even in the freaking DunDef Digest, so I bet its pushed back to Late Dec early January, then it'll be pushed to February.

Just go ask your parents, or go buy the PC version and never have to worry about updates again, give Trendy another ~20-25 bucks to help them promote the PC, it's an investment you'll be pleased with. I can't wait to maybe join the PC community, never again will I be ignored, and given sketchy answers. Until I see some results I feel this whole PSN and MS thing is a ruse.

I love you Trendy, but Sketchy answers, "promises" nothing ever in Digest, not-worthwhile Console events, just whatever.

Unfortunately, I share these sentiments. We just aren't getting answers.
Are we getting Holiday DLC?
Are we getting extra costumes?
Are we getting gender swaps?
Are we getting Nightmare mode?
Are we getting superloot?

Now I really hate to sound like a self entitled kid, but I just want to know where we stand. I know at some point we'll get the lost crystals DLC, but nothing else. Please give us something to go on.

To end on a positive, I love the game. Along with Castle Crashers its the best purchase I've made on XBLA. I've got Games like Arkham City, Saints row the third and Battlefield 3 all being neglected to play this gem. Thanks.

[QUOTE]Just go ask your parents, or go buy the PC version and never have to worry about updates again, give Trendy another ~20-25 bucks to help them promote the PC, it's an investment you'll be pleased with. I can't wait to maybe join the PC community, never again will I be ignored, and given sketchy answers. Until I see some results I feel this whole PSN and MS thing is a ruse.[/QUOTE]

My problem with that tho is i've been playing it with my brother and his girlfriend. We all love dungeon defenders, and had played the hell out of it on our 65" tv. If we were to move to pc, we'd be playing on this wal-mart bought laptop with a 13" screen that probably won't even be able to handle the game in the first place. In a sense, we CAN'T move to the laptop version. We can buy the ps3 version, but then we'd have to deal with even worst bugs (like the trophy sync) and still won't get any more benefits other than the dlc may come quicker after submission or cheaper patches from trendy.

Trendy, it's a wonderful game, but you should have never put it on multiple platforms. Figure out a way to help us consolers. And no, i don't want xbox live events. I only play with my brother and his girlfriend. If you can pull it together, at least give us the new characters (barbarian, etc) the moment they are ready. Even if we have to do the same original missions, at least we will have something new to play with.

Pretty sure from what they've said, Trendy have already submitted the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards expansion to microsoft/sony to be uploaded to their services, and the PC player are getting it delayed because they want it to be released at the same time on all platforms...

Suggests they added Nightmare mode to the expansion after submitting it, and they don't want to delay the update even further by changing the content and having to go through the processes microsoft/sony put content through before allowing it to be sold on their stores. You might get nightmare added with another DLC down the line instead.

You might get nightmare added with another DLC down the line instead.

Do you have any idea how long that will take. -______- PC can freaking wait, they need to update consoles, stop pushing all this crud onto PC making us eat dirt!

I like how JDanford dances around the issue of price. Nightmare will be bundled with Shards DLC, so is shards going to be paid? Just say yes or no.

I like how JDanford dances around the issue of price. Nightmare will be bundled with Shards DLC, so is shards going to be paid? Just say yes or no.

Live Free or Nightmare we always say here at TE. And by that I don't know what I mean. We have not finalized how the mode will be distributed. Our plan is that PC users that own the Quest for the Lost Eternia Shards will be able to host the mode, while others will be able to join on them (just like we've done with most of our DLC). I will note as plainly as possible, this mode is currently PC only.

Trendy would not segregate people who own and do not own the DLC if it was free. Of course it's going to be paid, and with the content provided, probably the one most worthwhile to pay for.

Do you have any idea how long that will take. -______- PC can freaking wait, they need to update consoles, stop pushing all this crud onto PC making us eat dirt!

Trendy really doesn't have as much control over publishing things to consoles as they do to PC. It's not development of patches for the PC that is holding things up for consoles, it's Microsoft/Sony's patching requirements. Trendy can submit a patch to Valve and have it on Steam within 24 hours (sometimes as little as an hour or two). With the consoles, it takes at least 3 weeks. I'm sure they'd love to get patches out much faster for consoles, but sadly, it's beyond their control.

They've said before that Shards is going to be "premium DLC" (ie paid). It just hasn't been announced how much.

Did anyone else notice that the Ranger in this picture is level 74?

I certainly did and I'm surprised at how it's not getting a bigger reaction.

Edit: BTW, somebody keep Danford out of the eggnog please. I still don't understand half of that digest.

im pretty sure console will be paying more for shards dlc seeing as how any other dlc they planned on giving us will be bundled with it...and not on sale or free for the first week...

I certainly did and I'm surprised at how it's not getting a bigger reaction.

It also seems to be a new costume he's wearing (unless I'm crazy, I might be crazy), which would mean the alts are getting costumes with the christmas event (disregard this I am most definitely wrong. Colours threw me off.)... and is that a new row of trophies I spy surrounding the fireplace on the wall? We know the new trophies are coming, but giving them a unique placement is pretty cool.

im pretty sure console will be paying more for shards dlc seeing as how any other dlc they planned on giving us will be bundled with it...and not on sale or free for the first week...

I'm willing to bet we'll be getting the shards DLC and nothing else.