Hey all.
I thought I would come on here to report that after upgrading with Instant Upgrade ability to 3 stars (max upgrade for towers) I would then get Instant Repair. Now I love this feature of Instant Repair. I noticed that my tower was barely hurt and I used the instant repair that used up 1,200 of my mana to repair a tower that was roughly 3 to 5% damaged. I may be wrong and this instant repair is supposed to be costly. If this is working as intended then great, I just need to instant repair when needed and not waste so much mana.

To further back up my reasoning. When I repair a tower that is below 5% of total health it will cost me time (obviously) and about 10 to 20 mana. I do not think the instant repair should cost > 1,000 mana to repair a tower that is not as hurt as below 5% health.

Thanks

It's supposed to be very costly, yes.

During the craziest waves of survival, it's well worth that much mana to repair instantly.

It's supposed to be very costly, yes.

During the craziest waves of survival, it's well worth that much mana to repair instantly.

I think he's saying that the cost of Insant Repair shouldn't be a flat amount, but rather a scaling value based on the amount of damage that needs to be repaired. I don't think anyone in their right mind would debate the value of instant repairs, but I do agree that the cost can be a little extreme in respect to the amount that needs to be repaired. I'd say "Well don't use instant repairs for so little damage," but sometimes you can't let a given defense sit at 90% health but at the same time you need to be somewhere else too.

It should be expensive, I'd never suggest otherwise...but should it be so expensive all the time for every use or should it be a bit more robust in how it can be used?

Yeah LostSoul is correct, repair should be a scaling value not flat. Of course this isn't my game so I am merely just asking if the Instant Repair should be a flat value of 1.200 mana for one solid repair.

It should be expensive, I'd never suggest otherwise...but should it be so expensive all the time for every use or should it be a bit more robust in how it can be used?

I think the scaling idea would be more balanced.

+1 to the "insta repair cost scaling" because that's what I thought it was.
(I only recently started that character, so I haven't been able to use the skill as such yet)

Doesn't help that the game's auto-targeting isn't as good as it is for normal repair. It'll just hover on the closest thing to you and repair that. It can repair a 100% tower and still eat up 1400 mana.

Uh, scaling cost for repair? Would there be -any- reason whatsoever to play a normal apprentice if this were true?

Uh, scaling cost for repair? Would there be -any- reason whatsoever to play a normal apprentice if this were true?

As opposed to the adept not being used now?

Had an adept dps but the apprentice is more useful due to overcharge repair on maps like UMF since you sometimes can't accurately target which trap or aura you want to fix with insta-repair (does not prioritize lowest hp aura/tower on mouseover). Try it while getting hit by ogres in a corner. Does not work. So spam overcharge repair for adept is more useful for now.

I scrapped my apprentice completely for the adept, and know of others who have done the same? I mean, I'm all for the class I currently play getting stronger, but I don't really see the need as I see them as a superior choice to the apprentice in many situations already.

It's probably a matter of preference on which char you play being that trendy cant balance stuff in any form right now. I've got my male chars as dps(more hp) and females as builders(run speed). But optimally, I prefer male monk for the hero boost since Initiate abilities suck, Adept for the insta-upgrade goodness if they do the repair scaling (who uses this class for lolbomb), Female Huntress for the single pierce with more dps (male hunters are sooo slow) and Countess ( aoe rage is the bomb and squire is slow not to mention joust in situational moments is lolworthy).

Most of my char choices tend toward the group support type since that's my playstyle.

Hey all.
I thought I would come on here to report that after upgrading with Instant Upgrade ability to 3 stars (max upgrade for towers) I would then get Instant Repair. Now I love this feature of Instant Repair. I noticed that my tower was barely hurt and I used the instant repair that used up 1,200 of my mana to repair a tower that was roughly 3 to 5% damaged. I may be wrong and this instant repair is supposed to be costly. If this is working as intended then great, I just need to instant repair when needed and not waste so much mana.

To further back up my reasoning. When I repair a tower that is below 5% of total health it will cost me time (obviously) and about 10 to 20 mana. I do not think the instant repair should cost > 1,000 mana to repair a tower that is not as hurt as below 5% health.

Thanks

dont repair a tower at 5% dmg?

I scrapped my apprentice completely for the adept, and know of others who have done the same? I mean, I'm all for the class I currently play getting stronger, but I don't really see the need as I see them as a superior choice to the apprentice in many situations already.

Apprentice for DPS > Adept imo

dont repair a tower at 5% dmg?

If only targetting in DD wasn't a pain in the *** all the time every time no matter what you do.

i use the adept for the mana bomb actually, 60 seconds is way to long for an ability that is essentially the same.

whoa.. wait what is the adepts cooldown on this thing then? and so agree that 60 seconds is insanely long >< wish like 20-30 heh.

Though depending on respawn timer... dying refreshes manabomb faster on app.

Ok so scaling would be nice and i can understand that even not playing adept yet... but sounds like it would make overcharge obsolete in comparison after you fully upgraded towers.... and even just thinking about it... yeah it would. The only weakness tot he instand repair is the annoying targeting as some said... ad the fact that it costs 1200 mana so gotta go collect more after using it... on the other hand, mana drops like crazy at higher wavens so that really doesn't take that long provided stuff is currently dieing.

Honestly, only reason i'm not playing an adept is I thought the purity bomb had the same cooldown as the manabomb, just instead of being pure damage, it was less damage, but insta kill undead and mages?

Adepts cool down for MB is 35s, Apps is 60s.

It started out as costing 400 mana to use as well, they dropped it to 200, which is the cost of the Apps MB.

makes no sense to me.

I can fully understand the drop in the mana cost... it makes it accessible at an earlier level. But yeah... the cooldown should be the same on both chars.

The thing is, as it is using just Auras/Traps for pretty much every map the Adept has no sense.

If squires get back in buisness, then adept will be "OP" since they can easily reapir 30k health istantly :D

It's probably a matter of preference on which char you play being that trendy cant balance stuff in any form right now. I've got my male chars as dps(more hp) and females as builders(run speed). But optimally, I prefer male monk for the hero boost since Initiate abilities suck, Adept for the insta-upgrade goodness if they do the repair scaling (who uses this class for lolbomb), Female Huntress for the single pierce with more dps (male hunters are sooo slow) and Countess ( aoe rage is the bomb and squire is slow not to mention joust in situational moments is lolworthy).

Most of my char choices tend toward the group support type since that's my playstyle.

Wait, initiate abilities suck?

Remote Defense Boost boosts everything on the map made by any character in the aura, and it sucks? Granted it only adds about 30% damage to anything and everything actively dealing damage at that time should the character that built it be in the area of effect clearly visible around you, but I would hardly count that as sucking since you could be at one end of Glitterhelm killing an ogre and buffing the auras and traps ACROSS THE MAP because the monk and huntress that built them are standing next to you.

Enemy drain sucks? That is indeed news to me since it lowers enemy damage resistance, increasing your damage per hit (and thus damage per second) by roughly 50%. Sure this might not show up on the testing dummy in the tavern, but anyone whose head is not stuffed with straw and has a stick holding them upright would know that abilities should also be tested in normal play rather than just the theory room that the tavern is. Sure, it's only a 50% damage boost in effect...one that stacks with Hero Boost because one debuffs the enemy while the other buffs YOU. One monk and one initiate, each running Ability 2, and the entire team around them is doing about three times the damage they would normally be doing to the drained enemies.

That is not sucking, that is teamwork. It is also synergy between related classes, encouraging that they be used together by intelligent people.

Oh, no wonder you think the abilities suck.

The Adepts mana bomb does less damage then the App's but insta kills Mages and skeletons. On Mage heavy maps like MM Survival this comes in quite handy. On UMF I don't see too many mages so I stick with the App for the speedy repairs.

They need to change the trageting or something because using the adept i though i was upgrading all my auras/towers.traps to 3 stars yet all i was doing was repairng the ones that had like 1% damage wasting my mana