new App, what to look for with weapons

I'm not sure what I should be looking for on a DPS staff, I think my end build will be sorta hybridy DPS, maybe more DPS than towers.

What should I look for on staves? are there good physical only staves? whats the rank of importance?
+projectiles > DMG > charge time?

OH and should I be farming ramparts or endless spire for items? ATM i'm doing ramparts hard for exp (lvl 51 atm)

Well, best way to get decent weapons easily as of now is to just shop at AFK shops (I found a lvl 40+ staffs at 1m below, 300k if you're lucky, while lvl 50-60 ranged from 2m to 5m, some even overpriced it to 10m), 1 round at rampant hard can gain you 500-600k mana tops, while insane rampants can get you 1.2m

This is what I look for in a staff for App (for DPS build)

1. Level (obviously the higher the better, but you can start slow by getting ones around 45-50 then go up from there).
2. 100-200 initial ranged damage.
3. +4 additional projectiles (but +3 is alright as well since you're aiming for high level staff, the maximum you can get is +5).
4. Charge bonus speed (the higher the better, it affects LMB+RMB, but once you go beyond 50-60, it's better if you put it to 120, since it's rather difficult to get [near full charge] shots if it's any higher than 60, even with macro).

so in terms of upgrading, many people tend to do get Additional projectiles maxed out first, then charge bonus and finally range damage.

hope this helps.