Sign in to follow this  
Lesrider

So about that "ending"

I finally took a break from ogre hunting and and played through the throne room. Granted, I could see from the list that there were no more stages. But then I saw the whole dragon thing and thought there WAS more. But nooooo just an advertisement for the PC version, which does have the final battle.

So I'm pretty bummed now, bc I have no intention of buying the PC version. I like playing on my phone. I saw in the update thread that some more content is being added. Does that include the dragon battle that we didn't get?

And maybe someone can just clear it up for me once and for all -- is this iPhone game supposed to be an ad for the pc/console version and will always be lacking, or will we get pretty much the same content, just on a smaller, less detailed scale?

As far as the whole dragon battle thing...I don't know for sure, but I would guess that that is going to be a part of the new update in January, seeing as the extra time the developers had allowed them to add in DLC content.

And, with save transferring over the PC, Android, and iOS, I would think that there would be the same content. After all, it'd be kinda hard to justify gaining experience and loot on a level that doesn't actually exist on the mobile version.

To be honest, that so-called "ending" or trailer for PC made me feel like I've been playing charged demo game (with huge contents).
Well, let see how the game will become after the update. :D

For clarification, the mobile version of the game is called "Dungeon Defenders: First Wave" and is intended to segment into the PC and console versions of the game. As noted previous to the release of the mobile, DDFW would merely be a part of the full game and a way for PC players to enjoy the game even when they are not at home.

However, once PvP is up and running, the mobile version will be a lot more complete.

Weird.
Just weird.

I guess I shouldn't get too sucked into the game, then, if I have no plans to buy the PC version.

Very odd.

So pretty much this is a "taste" of the PC version...-.-...If DD isn't for linux/kubuntu I won't be able to play it...

Bring On the dragon... The demon and the goblin machine were way too easy even on insane.

They are increasing difficulty. Also, there is a reason it is called "First Wave" and also a reason that it is $3 compared to the $10 normal price. Its not a demo, its a mobile version. Its also a week or 2 old, and they have many updates planned that have a 2 week verification process through Apple. Just give it time and see what happens, as more content is bound to come.

We arnt bashing the devs I appreciate that they work so hard on this game...but I just don't get why the full version can't be on the mobile version...

Because the mobile is smaller... with limitations... This is like asking why can't Halo be on my iTouch...

Updates are 5 days unless they flag them as important... but they need to submit it first...

Yes, I suspected that with the name "First Wave," there'd be something missing. But I thought perhaps they intended to release it in different parts, I dunno.
But I just looked over the description in the app store, and nowhere does it say that it's meant to be part of the PC/console version, and not the full version itself -- correct me if I'm wrong, but seems a bit misleading.
Not that I didn't get my $3 bucks worth. I just think it should be clearer that this is meant as a supplement to the PC version, and not a replacement for it. I originally thought this was meant to be a cross-platform game in that everyone, be it on iPhone, droid, PC or xbox, would be playing the same thing, with some minor differences.
Honestly, if the PC version is $10, I don't find it that surprising if the same version on a phone would be $3. Phone games are always much cheaper than PC/console games. So the price alone was not enough to tip me off.

Again, still a great game with lots of depth, but I'll be very disappointed if I never get to play the rest of the game.

PC/Console players aren't getting DD Arena either :P

We... we get Dungeon Raid which will be better then one stinky level...

Honestly, if the PC version is $10, I don't find it that surprising if the same version on a phone would be $3. Phone games are always much cheaper than PC/console games.

Well, you shouldn't be surprise of less content and less detailed then. All mobil version of a game is usually a much dumped down version of pc ones.

Well, you shouldn't be surprise of less content and less detailed then. All mobil version of a game is usually a much dumped down version of pc ones.

My problem with it was more that it did not feel like a complete game. It should at least have a proper ending and not just lead into an ad for the PC version, saying "sorry, you don't get the final battle unless you buy the PC version." That's what made it feel more like I'm playing a demo than a game I bought. Again, that's not to say this isn't an awesome game with tons of depth (the loot system alone gives you reason enough to play for hours and hours, seeing what you can find, since the possibilities seem endless). I just honestly thought the mobile game was intended to stand on it's own, for those who do not wish to play on their PC.

Are there any other games that have been released on all platforms, including iOS devices/droids that this can be compared to? I don't know of any, so I can't really base my expectations off of anything other than what I thought the game was advertised as. Again, I don't expect to get "everything" the PC version has -- I don't care about changing colors, and I can understand if we can't have battles on the same scale as the PC version. But we should at least get the full content, and not just an advertisement as the ending.

For instance, before iPhones -- if a game were released on gameboy and PC/consoles, of course you would not expect the gameboy game to be exactly like the console version. But you would expect it to be a complete game, that wouldn't tell you to go buy the console version to see the ending. Now seeing what iPhones are capable of (this Unreal engine is sick!), why shouldn't we expect a game that we're buying to be a full version in and of itself?

^ @ Lesrider, i understand what u mean to a certain extent since my friend said the same thing. but didnt the 'First Wave' give the impression that it would only be a smaller version of the game? As finally siad theres limitation on the handheld versions. Im sure the devs hav alot more instore for yall tho so dont worry bout it too much since its only been out 2 weeks.

@evilmrfrank yeah im sure theres more than 1 lvl for arena but dunraid will prob hav more than 1 mode to play right?