Are all resistances useful for uber MF?

And I think you're underestimating the actual math on it.

A piece of gear has a 2.5% chance - assuming gear could only drop between 14-18% resists, which is completely false no matter what level of gear it is - to have the 15/17% base in all 4 resistances.

Now you have to get 3 more pieces.

Now they have to be the one type out of 5 possible armor types.

The math is extremely ridiculous, even assuming falsehoods to be true.

Point in case.

I had an entire rant about this post ready to post when it occurred to me... did the OP mean literally 90% in each resist, or rounded to 90% (Like 87%). If we are talking about 87% across the board, that is easy to get. With UMF insane loot from 7.12B, getting 95^ weapons and 60^ armor was cake. Those of us that saw that loot didn't get much sleep that night. Having 87% in each resist and getting high hero stats isn't impossible either, and if you only choose to pick up armor that fits a certain set with high resists/hero stats, it could take a few weeks to get there. It is not impossible, however.

On a side note, I am getting sick of people calling out "hax" when some of us really are challenging ourselves on the hardest content to edge out the very best gear. Gear that will allow you to max all resists and get over 300 in 3 or 4 hero stats dropped legitimately in game after Mixed Survival started being beat. The current limit in gear per stat is 756 (126 stat cap per item * 6 item/pet slots). Selling gear that doesn't meet the exacting standards of perfectionists seems to sell fairly well to the community, many of whom are getting millions per wave in survival mixed modes still from the end of wave junk sale. Just saying, please get off the hax bandwagon and figure out what is possible. Nightmare mode will surely be making the pet like in the above referenced screenshot look like not yet weened kitten.

I had an entire rant about this post ready to post when it occurred to me... did the OP mean literally 90% in each resist, or rounded to 90% (Like 87%). If we are talking about 87% across the board, that is easy to get. With UMF insane loot from 7.12B, getting 95^ weapons and 60^ armor was cake. Those of us that saw that loot didn't get much sleep that night. Having 87% in each resist and getting high hero stats isn't impossible either, and if you only choose to pick up armor that fits a certain set with high resists/hero stats, it could take a few weeks to get there. It is not impossible, however.

On a side note, I am getting sick of people calling out "hax" when some of us really are challenging ourselves on the hardest content to edge out the very best gear. Gear that will allow you to max all resists and get over 300 in 3 or 4 hero stats dropped legitimately in game after Mixed Survival started being beat. The current limit in gear per stat is 756 (126 stat cap per item * 6 item/pet slots). Selling gear that doesn't meet the exacting standards of perfectionists seems to sell fairly well to the community, many of whom are getting millions per wave in survival mixed modes still from the end of wave junk sale. Just saying, please get off the hax bandwagon and figure out what is possible. Nightmare mode will surely be making the pet like in the above referenced screenshot look like not yet weened kitten.

The OP literally meant 90%...

Why would he round it?

Please - don't defend the hackers... I don't think you realize how large of a percentage of any gaming population would hack if they could get away with it. (Ever play Diablo 1?) That being said, they can get away with it on DD pretty easily.

Rest assured they are doing it. And a LOT more people than you think. It's the same thing as the people who would mana exploit previously.

"Brb, gotta borrow some mana from a friend."

Did you actually buy that? (Pun kinda intended.)

If an enemy is immune to a type of element, they also deal that element in damage.

This includes DE Warriors.

Just an FYI.

Granted, not every class needs to care, such as Squires who just have 14k hp for no real reason.

And I think you're underestimating the actual math on it.

A piece of gear has a 2.5% chance - assuming gear could only drop between 14-18% resists, which is completely false no matter what level of gear it is - to have the 15/17% base in all 4 resistances.

Now you have to get 3 more pieces.

Now they have to be the one type out of 5 possible armor types.

The math is extremely ridiculous, even assuming falsehoods to be true.

Point in case.

^ edited for even better example

nice of you to point out an item from 7.12e, proving my point. the gear from 7.12 was amazing enough to come out with plenty of 15 and 17s while retaining high stats elsewhere. i know a guy who farmed the crap out of 7.12, and as a result he has one character with something like 88/90/89/90 resist in addition to 500 or so hero attack and like 100-200 in every other stat. so no, it's not hacked gear right off the bat.

hacked gear is 126 in every stat with 90 resist