Patch 7.13 Discussion

With all the recent talk of how overpowered the apprentice dps is, I expected it to be them that gets hit by the nerfstick. Unless the new maps are going to be balanced much like survival mode (sheer number of mobs, no real strategy involved) then I don't really see how piercing would be incredibly useful. For the new and revamped boss fights, high single target dps is going to be much more handy, which is where the huntress falls short.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the recent talk of how overpowered the apprentice dps is, I expected it to be them that gets hit by the nerfstick. Unless the new maps are going to be balanced much like survival mode (sheer number of mobs, no real strategy involved) then I don't really see how piercing would be incredibly useful. For the new and revamped boss fights, high single target dps is going to be much more handy, which is where the huntress falls short.

Yes and no, while it has nothing to do with the nerf, and even though huntress is a little behind app in single target dps, both are miles ahead of equally geared melee. But each dps has its benefits and weaknesses, and thats how it should be. Why have 4 different classes if they are all equal at everything.

I actually don't think the huntress falls short in single target DPS. You can literally sit back and choose that single target, while other classes have to really get into the face of the enemy to dish out the damage. Combined with invis and the Huntress is a survivor dishing out near constant damage.

Totally agreed on the huntress part.
U may find a apprentice with 860k dps, but its nothing compared to a huntress with 400k dps, piercing bonebow, shooting a line of, say.. 25 mobs. Thats 10m dps. To much :)

The ability to dps trash mobs is really just a convenience, to cut back on time. When DPS truly matters, ogres and bosses, the single target dps is what is truly the game changer. An orc/mage/goblin/archer/kobold shouldn't be making it by your defenses anyway (excluding the glitches....)

I'm glad you are nerfing the piercing shot. I play a Ranger and farming Alch Labs literally almost puts me to sleep. Clicking the '3' button over and over isn't fun at all, but it's the only way I can easily farm the Labs on survival. Now I'll have to re-adjust my strategy, maybe to a less boring build. I'm thinking ranged monk!

The ability to dps trash mobs is really just a convenience, to cut back on time. When DPS truly matters, ogres and bosses, the single target dps is what is truly the game changer. An orc/mage/goblin/archer/kobold shouldn't be making it by your defenses anyway (excluding the glitches....)

You realize a piercing bone bow only pierces 1 target right?

Wonder when trendy will stop balancing the entire game around maxed out end game content.

Everything is getting more powerful! nerf one class!

since release things have more or less looked like this... nerf to much nerf to much.. ok time to buff end game stuff... massive nerf to everything because we buffed so much.

I also love how they are pushing back nightmare mode and making you pay for early access to it.

Sorry but i think they complete ****ed this game up since release and they just keep making it worse and asking for more money. And before you argue against that remember this patch is going to introduce game breaking bugs/exploits and have at least 2-3 hotfixes if not more.

Except bonebow only pierces one enemy, and 2/3 of that DPS is from the weapon making them comparably even.

Disc thrower even, how much the PS is of the total dps and what ever els we can theorycraft about, isnt important
Thing is, huntress/ranger needs a nerf in some way, and this seems like a good solution for now, to try and balance things. im sure more nerfs/ or buffs to other classes will come anyway.

Either way. U get the point

hahahahaha that's classy.
Look, way I see it is that you NEED tower characters and DPS characters. Majority of player either have a huntress or an apprentice as DPS char (emphasis on MAJORITY, some play the other 2 chars as DPS) and now you're screwing over those people who choose huntress for this role? hahaha well done

So after weeks of mana, survival and UMF grinding, and after spending over 1 billion mana on gearing up my huntress with a 98^ disc thrower and my animus pet... now I can start over with a new app (cuz my current one is a towerbuild) and grind some more to get him a proper weapon and pet.

Oh wait, this is a good thing right? Because more hours spent grinding on this game equals more fun and quality for my money. Pff, right...

You left having fun behind a long time ago when you adopted that mindset. You spent weeks on this character and you are just going to drop them because one of their abilities now has a 3 second longer cooldown? Wow.

I actually don't think the huntress falls short in single target DPS. You can literally sit back and choose that single target, while other classes have to really get into the face of the enemy to dish out the damage. Combined with invis and the Huntress is a survivor dishing out near constant damage.

i don't disagree, I feel (and I may offend some) that the huntress is the easiest class to play, which is reflected in the lower single target dps. I personally find that the apprentice is the best dps, and is what I use on anything aside from survival.

But assuming that we aren't talking about veteran "hardcore" players with 300k+ dps, then a solo huntress used as dps has significantly lower odds of defending a crystal than an apprentice. In groups or in survival, huntress is an amazing class because of the piercing shot ability, but they have far less utility than the other classes outside of that.

I do believe that a nerf to the skill is warranted, but not this severe... 2.5s maybe. This could cause the class to go from being accepted in open games to being kicked.

dont know if this info is out there already, but with it stating early access to nightmare with purchase of the dlc pack, is it referring to just being able to host nightmare with the pack or even play a nightmare level with someone who has?

No idea how I'll ever beat the no towers challenge with piercing shots cooldown at 4 seconds.

i lol'd :)
Good one.. mayby dont solo it? Mayby use 4 players? :)

You realize a piercing bone bow only pierces 1 target right?

I didn't speak of a specific weapon at all..... The discussion is on whether or not the huntress' low single target dps is balanced by the piercing shot ability.

Perhaps after they observe the change to cooldown for a bit they will consider increasing the damage somewhat.. My 3 key will be thankful regardless

i lol'd :)
Good one.. mayby dont solo it? Mayby use 4 players? :)

I already couldn't solo it even on easy and it is only recommended level 40.

I think the change to PS is good, I spend far too much time spamming PS, once every 4 seconds will be fine to clear out entire lanes.

I am pretty convinced that you don't play your own game, or at least not extensively. If you're nerfing the cast time by increasing it to 4 seconds, you should have at least compensated players with a damage increase on the ability. Also, nerfs piss everyone of in general (unless it's not to their favorite/most used character) so why do you nerf when you should just buff other classes up to the same level?

I just wanna say I think its in poor taste and poor game design to always resort to nerf rather than having room for other classes to be buffed. At is it UMF isn't really doable for alot of the player base and with each nerf that gap gets a bit wider. It is very very demoralizing to A) Always expect a nerf and B) Be nerfed.

Id say we should stop badmouthing the nerfs and take em more as.... hmmm.... lets see.... a challenge^^ If u can master the
challenge then u are definitly good. If u just go ahead and try to make every character have the sam strength you are gonna make it lame.
The characters are all good in what they are doing and if the devs think "hey, we gotta nerf/buff this or that character" then be so...... why do so many people always have to be complaining (pls ignore my last post... i am kinda frustrated about the pricey
dlcs and how they dont fit together.... other games give u full experience for 60 euro straight off the bat.. this game is more like
"you buy the game for 12 euros and decide for yourself which other parts u want/need... that way u can have fun without having to pay the 60 euro..... 1 year later..... the 120 euro for a fun experience.. :P)

btw... nerfs are good... if u just keep buffing instead of nerfing then u will get completly OP characters.... and with some awesome OP DPS characters u could actually finish any dungeon without towers..... meaning the game will lose its actual meaning... lol :P

I am pretty convinced that you don't play your own game, or at least not extensively.

ofcourse not... would you make a game only to spend weeks in drowsy survival mode? To gear up your char, invest the mana and get yourself ready for the end game content?
NO. They go about it the same way that 'hackers' do: they just edit some numbers and voila :-)

No idea how I'll ever beat the no towers challenge with piercing shots cooldown at 4 seconds.

Play with a friend. I duo'd it pretty easily with my friend on their not so good huntress with both of us just standing in one spot holding M1 down.