Sign in to follow this  
Arladusk

Lag building up

Hey there

After I've just started the game it runs really smoothly, even on highest settings, and it keeps on doing so for a while. It keeps getting less smooth the longer I keep playing, and after 30-50 minutes its unplayable, I lag so much that I can't do anything.

I do realize this could be a problem with my computer, but as other games don't seem to mind high settings I just wanna see what you guys think about it.

I've tried playing around with most of the options available, only one left to try (I think) is turning off post-prosessing which I'm gonna try now.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that its not just the game that starts lagging. It's the entire computer, If i tab out of the game The mouse is still lagging around, the sound is lagging, from the game and from other sources. But it all ends a couple of seconds after I exit the game.

If you need any additional information I'll supply that as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance.

I am having the same problem. At some point into the game it just starts lagging like crazy. At this point it's usually using almost 100% of the available memory.

I managed to temporarily fix it by minimizing and starting up my task manager, then waiting about 5 minutes before entering the game again. However, that will only hold up for 10 minutes. I'm not working with a high end computer, but it used to run the game just fine. Could even get to survival waves of >20 without this happening. It seems like the latest patch somehow changed something though.

I am having the same problem. At some point into the game it just starts lagging like crazy. At this point it's usually using almost 100% of the available memory.

I managed to temporarily fix it by minimizing and starting up my task manager, then waiting about 5 minutes before entering the game again. However, that will only hold up for 10 minutes. I'm not working with a high end computer, but it used to run the game just fine. Could even get to survival waves of >20 without this happening. It seems like the latest patch somehow changed something though.

Not sure if it was the latest patch, but one of them for sure cause it wasn't always like this.

Same here, after 20-30 min game is unplayable (any map). Cpu usage 100%(core0, 4 core cpu). All this after patch 7.12e, must be bug in scripts somewhere.

same problem here. Started UMF with a m8 and everything was fine till we restarted.. HUGE LAGGS! e.g. enemies dont move, floating over the map and stuff like that.

im having this problem too. need to mention i use ati. this is likely important. what does everyone else use? i have noticed that it seems to be prompted by the gems disapppearing due to over population. those cleared gems seem to get stuck on the stack and not cleared. so if im playing normal maps where we can loot every gem no problems. but when i play on maps with huge spawns and lots of crystals that go unclaimed due to the looting floating bs, then i end up with the slow downs.

im having this problem too. need to mention i use ati. this is likely important. what does everyone else use? i have noticed that it seems to be prompted by the gems disapppearing due to over population. those cleared gems seem to get stuck on the stack and not cleared. so if im playing normal maps where we can loot every gem no problems. but when i play on maps with huge spawns and lots of crystals that go unclaimed due to the looting floating bs, then i end up with the slow downs.

Nvidia here, but I can't say that I've actually noticed any problem with the game itself. Its just a lot of lag, but gameplay seems to be matching the one before the lag.

I have the same issue. Everything works fine when first launched, after several maps cpu utilization goes up and memory usage slowly rises.

I noticed when lauching the game that it was using about 450mb of ram. When it starts to stutter its using 650-750 mb.

Memory leak maybe?

I have tried this with AMD and nvidia cards, same issue with both. Used an amd 6970, and a nvidia 285 gtx same issue occurs. I am on a pretty powerful gaming rig I7 cpu, using a ocz revodrive 3 ssd as main drive and game install drive. 6 GB of DDR1600 in tri channel config with very low cas. Should not have issue running this game.

Heh,,, i'm more confused about what exactly this game is doing that is taking up that much power in my cpu? Honestly just feels like SC2 should be more powerful and use more of my system then Dun Def but it's the other way around.

as i said i think its doing graphical handling on the gems and never removing them from the stack. so its tracing invisible objects that slowly accumulate.

One other odd kink in the lagginess: when players die it partially resolves. Maybe it's something with the players which the game is tracking which is causing the issue.

worked grate on Saturday no lag then late Sunday steam did a reset and poof back to laggy as all get out. takes a while to kick in. i am running on lowest setting and i know that i shouldnt have problems based on saturdays performance.

I am in the same boat, but to an even greater degree it seems. Before this patch I was locked at 60fps always.

Now im dipping into the 40s during the first couple waves and down to the 20s and 10s after that. It's even crashed a few times.

I never had any issues before this last patch. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

not sure it made a big difference but i did update my steam setting to the correct speed connection. it defaults to dsl 500k. i have cable at 10m. seems to have improved things. to trendy please dont ever use speed throttling from steam. it doesnt ever ask or configure just assumes we are all slow.

One other odd kink in the lagginess: when players die it partially resolves. Maybe it's something with the players which the game is tracking which is causing the issue.

It could also be gems that have fallen outside of the playable area that are trying to "magnetize" to a player but there's a floor/wall in the way. When the player dies, they lose their "magnetism".

Just expanding on the gem idea mentioned earlier.

WHEN THIS BUG WILL BE FIXED. I DEMAND WORKING PRODUCT I PAYED FOR. Not sometimes working, partially working, workaround fixed.