Practice Dummy DPS Counter problem

Why do practice dummies show my DPS over 2 seconds, when in 7.06 patch it clearly states that it should be changed to show DPS over 5 seconds? Was this reverted, or it's a problem on my end, or a fail patch?

When it counts average DPS over 2 seconds it's near useless to compare DPS of a lot of things because it's completely inaccurate.

EDIT: Adding a slider in options menu or something similar to adjust the DPS interval would be the best solution. Everyone could set it to their own preference.

Why do practice dummies show my DPS over 2 seconds, when in 7.06 patch it clearly states that it should be changed to show DPS over 5 seconds? Was this reverted, or it's a problem on my end, or a fail patch?

When it counts average DPS over 2 seconds it's near useless to compare DPS of a lot of things because it's completely inaccurate.

They reverted it to 2 seconds, because when they changed the dummies they also changed some tower numbers and everyone complained about the tower numbers, so in an effort to show it the towers weren't as bad as we thought they reverted the dummies to what everyone was basing the complaints off of.

I would prefer an ingame dps counter similar to the wow mods. One that I can reset and stop when I want to, much more accurate and useful.

I'm sorry, but isn't DPS just obtained by dividing the damage by the time interval the tower fires? Doesn't the tower show you both stats? If you already know it's inaccurate it must be because you can already calculate it correctly, so I'm a bit lost here.

The dummies only need to be there as indicators, not calculators. They rely on hitboxes of ammunition, autoaim, plus a crapload of other physics factors, so you will never get a result as exact as doing it by hand, and in game, lag, things running towards or away from towers, piercing shots, splash offset etc, will change the DPS anyway.

Thing is, you can't calculate apprentice tower DPS for example. With rate of fire 0.33, your DPS should be 3x the damage, but it actually is like 1.5x the damage. And I know it's completely incorrect, because it shows same DPS with 0.4 or 0.33 rate of fire.

If your squire tries to measure DPS of weapons, the time it takes to make full rotation of hits is more than 2 sec. So you get like 3-4 different DPS numbers depending on what hits from your combo land in this interval, last hits from the combo dealing more dmg. So if in the beginning of the 2 sec interval you land your first 3 hits, you get less DPS, if you land 1 last hit, then 2 first hits from next combo, you get more DPS, if you land 3 last hits of your combo you get even more DPS. When the actual DPS is always completely constant.

With 5 sec interval you would still get different DPS numbers on squire, but with MUCH less % difference. Like now the minimum and maximum shown DPS can vary as much as 40%. And you don't know which number represents your DPS the most accurately. With 5 sec interval the difference between maximum and minimum shown DPS would be no more than about 15%.

There's absolutely no benefit of having 2 sec interval for dummy DPS counter.

EDIT: ^ Plus the other stuff you mention is completely irrelevant just to see the actual weapon/tower DPS. You talk as if I'd be saying more DPS = better no matter what. No, more DPS is just more DPS. AOE and other stuff comes after you know the DPS. Like how can I compare 2 equal DPS weapons, when counter will show less DPS for the slower one with more dmg almost always. Interval needs to be increased.

Trendy, bring 5 sec back, please.
And while you're at it, put a couple of extra-dummys next to the one where you spawn, so we can test mass-enemy-dps, too :)

Trendy, bring 5 sec back, please.
And while you're at it, put a couple of extra-dummys next to the one where you spawn, so we can test mass-enemy-dps, too :)

Well extra dummies seems unnecessary. If you deal x DPS, you deal x piercing/AOE DPS. But the interval needs to be increased. There's literally no downside to higher interval. I'd actually want a 20-30 sec interval. So you could test traps with low reset times, slow firing towers and such. And also having very accurate melee DPS for squire/countess, unlike it is now.

PS. Even better if possible, make one dummy with 5 sec interval, another with 15, and another with 30. Very fast weapons can be accurate with even 5 sec interval, but slower ones need higher intervals. Plus you don't need to wait 30 sec to see DPS if 5 sec interval gives good accuracy for some weapon/tower/trap and you don't get wrong DPS with towers/traps slower than 5 rate when testing on 5 sec interval. 2 sec is just too little for too many things in this game.

I'm sorry, but isn't DPS just obtained by dividing the damage by the time interval the tower fires? Doesn't the tower show you both stats? If you already know it's inaccurate it must be because you can already calculate it correctly, so I'm a bit lost here.

The dummies only need to be there as indicators, not calculators. They rely on hitboxes of ammunition, autoaim, plus a crapload of other physics factors, so you will never get a result as exact as doing it by hand, and in game, lag, things running towards or away from towers, piercing shots, splash offset etc, will change the DPS anyway.

This works but there's no way to tell how fast weapons fire / hit / swing without trendy giving us the numbers. Same for pets. Especially so for melee :)

This works but there's no way to tell how fast weapons fire / hit / swing without trendy giving us the numbers. Same for pets. Especially so for melee :)

Even with numbers, for example apprentice basic tower. If you have 0.33 rate of fire and 100 dmg, you get 150 DPS, when if you calculate it you'd get 300 DPS. The difference is too much just to be bad calculation, this means that there's tower cast time also that's not stated anywhere. Like tower casts for 0.12 sec, then you have 0.33 sec delay (this is the rate of fire number). So you can see the DPS only on dummies, cuz you can't calculate it yourself. And you should not even need to calculate yourself if the dummies would just show accurate DPS. Like if I up the rate of fire from 0.33 to 0.32, suddenly shown DPS becomes 200 , when it was only 150 with 0.01 lower rate. The difference should be by 3-6, not 50. Useless dummy is useless.

make we could get an adjustable refresh timer for dummy's ?

with some fixed timers like, 2, 5 or 10 sec, or maby even be able to put our own wished refresh time in.

make we could get an adjustable refresh timer for dummy's ?

with some fixed timers like, 2, 5 or 10 sec, or maby even be able to put our own wished refresh time in.

Hmm, like a slider in options menu. This would be perfect.

Rather than a slider, they could just make one of the dummies count over 2 seconds, one over 5, and one over 10 (say). It seems like the dummies are already allowed to have different rules, given that pets only attack one of them.