Sign in to follow this  
Tenebria

Did the steam downtime cause a rollback for anyone else?

Now that TNET is back up, it looks like my characters/mana have been rolled back by a bit (12-24 hrs).

This hit anyone else?

Lost my upped 70^ weapon.... and of course ~ 30 million worth of mana and a great selection of gear from UMF farm.

Same here, my monk got rolled back from 62 down to 41 and all my mana and items that I obtained from between are gone.

This is ridiculous...

So I take it there isnt any means of getting back the 5-6 hours of grinding I lost?

By doing it again? This kind of blows.

My characters and items are fine.

Did you play in the few hours before the downtime? And if so, are you sure the items you acquired THEN are still on your account?

I was playing about an hour before the maintenance started at 3 PST. I gave my buddy half the money I made overnight selling the items we acquired together yesterday. The money that I gave him was (correctly) missing when I checked to see if I got rolled back or not.

Some of my characters got rolled back about 6 hours, not all of them though but the weapon I got about 12 hours ago is gone... sent a pm and hoping for the best...

I was playing about an hour before the maintenance started at 3 PST. I gave my buddy half the money I made overnight selling the items we acquired together yesterday. The money that I gave him was (correctly) missing when I checked to see if I got rolled back or not.

Seems really strange that the rollback is not consistent. Different accounts synced on different steam servers maybe? And only some of the servers went to a backup? And if that's the case, then the report on someone who had inconsistent rollbacks within the same account seems to contradict that.

I went online between 3-4 pm EST (12-1 pm PST) and made characters for all the classes I had not already done so, so I could swap with the names and colors I wanted from my tavern at any time. I think this was around the time the complaints of rollbacks started, they stayed.

yeah everything stayed for me and my bro all characters are fine and i was playign until steam disconnected me, i dont know why people loose things could be the servers where abouts are you guys from? the ones the lost things i live in the east coast and everythign was fine.

Speculating here.

Steam only syncs when you exit the game?

So if you were logged in for 10 hours you lose all that, but of you had come in, sold a single item and tried to logout, only that part is lost and you might not notice it.

I don't understand why the Steam cloud would keep old backups and hand you those rather then the last save, unless the last save never took place.

Yeah only problem would be the guy who said all his chars were gone. What could make the happen sure a roll back but a total lost of all data?

Steam updates fairly frequently I would assume. Anytime you have a transaction or event of notice, you see the little loading symbol on the bottom right of your screen. Even if you crash as you return to tavern after a finished wave, since the sync was done prior to the crash, you maintain your mana gained. I'm not completely sure how data is kept, synced, validated, and served on the cloud though, so there are multiple points of failure.

yeah everything stayed for me and my bro all characters are fine and i was playign until steam disconnected me, i dont know why people loose things could be the servers where abouts are you guys from? the ones the lost things i live in the east coast and everythign was fine.

I am in the US-Washington DC zone and did get rolled back. I also played until disconnect.

seriously? im in fairfax about 30 mins from DC still had no problems what so ever than again i sell everything i pick up on each wave so my game is always saving but idk to be honest

Just checked before leaving, i played until disonnect and did not lose anything :/ is this only affecting americans?