Sign in to follow this  
staffy

Age of the heroes

Greetings!

First of all, this post is about the original four heroes, since I haven't played the new ones.

I was wondering, what age people think the heroes are? The main reason I ask, is that the only female character (the Huntress) available, wears very little, shows parts of her butt, does a little wiggle for you when selected, and has big boobs.

I would guess that the heroes are all around 10-15 years old, judging from how they look and behave. The Huntress should be at least 18, if you think about how she's presented, and I wouldn't guess that she is.

My main point here is that I would have been very happy to see that the female character in a video game, for once, wasn't just there to be a sex symbol for the male players. Adding to that, her apparent young age makes it a bit creepy.

Dungeon Defenders is a great game, and I've had a lot of fun playing it, and very much respect the people who made it, and I guess that's why I'm even posting here. I've played a lot of games with this kind of approach to female characters before, I think we all have, but here is a game with heart and not made by a multi-national company, so I thought it would be worth trying to start a discussion.

Thank you for your time.
Staffy the young male

My main point here is that I would have been very happy to see that the female character in a video game, for once, wasn't just there to be a sex symbol for the male players.

What's it like to be young and full of ideals?

i think you may be overthinking the game. Its meant to be a funny game. I can bet you money the developers didn't purposely make these characters young *****s..

The thaughts about the huntress has been up before.

and yes, it is abit odd that she should be a kid, but clearly acts and have parts that states otherwise.
but it should be mentioned though, that she is from the Elf family, wich by definition even as child will be alot older then the others, and most likely have that parts and will acts acording to her age

just my observation.

I would guess that the heroes are all around 10-15 years old, judging from how they look and behave. The Huntress should be at least 18, if you think about how she's presented, and I wouldn't guess that she is.

My main point here is that I would have been very happy to see that the female character in a video game, for once, wasn't just there to be a sex symbol for the male players. Adding to that, her apparent young age makes it a bit creepy.

On that note, perhaps it was inappropriate for me to name my monk JerySandusky?

If it helps any, the newer characters are somewhat less stereotypical, although the dress is still questionable. That being said, don't know, but I do see the statement that she's an elf and supposedly older come up a lot. They don't really look that much like kids to me, but their relative size would make them midgets.

As for creepy, nothing creeps me out more than the squire's helmet which moves with his face.

My main point here is that I would have been very happy to see that the female character in a video game, for once, wasn't just there to be a sex symbol for the male players.

ANYTHING can be a "sex symbol." It isn't the creators who make it so. It's the consumers.

I look at this and I see a 3D model of a beautiful girl:

Others will look at it and see a "sexy girl."
Others still will look at it and see a "sex object."
And so forth.

It doesn't matter what age the creators intended the characters to be. They made some creative and awesome looking characters, and I take my hat off to the artists responsible for the models and the art pieces. But perception depends entirely on the receiving end.

Those who have no tact and succumb to modern trends of total liberalism when it comes to such topics, choosing to completely abandon taboos and openly talk about and think about such things... that's their frame of mind.

But not everyone is like that. So it's flawed reasoning to assume that the creators control how others perceive their creations, just like it's flawed reasoning to assume all people perceive things the same way, even if modern liberal propaganda pushes that down everyone's throats at every chance.

Ms Pac-man is mostly just a giant mouth with boots, gloves and a bow! Nobody gives a crap about that though.

I'll be in my bunk...

Ms Pac-man is mostly just a giant mouth with boots, gloves and a bow! Nobody gives a crap about that though.

I'll be in my bunk...

Oh boy! Mrs. Pac-man gets my blood flowing!!