I have armor with over 127+ stat, now what?

Does that mean my stat is in the negative even though it doesnt show it as so? Or does that mean its ok and working fine?

Will it actually show a negative value if it isnt working?

You have setbonus on.

If it was higher without setbonus it would go negative.

Do you have the Bonus from the set that causes your value to go about 127, or is the raw unequipped value of the stat at 127+???

don't tell me someone got loot with 127 stats on it without knowing what a set is :/

Apparently a lot of high geared ppl dont know how to get sets.

Im talking about this..

It has over 127 to a single stat, so does that mean the stat is negative even though it shows a positive?

No it means you are missing a few things about the game.

WTF does that even mean? Is it some round about weird way of trying to insult me? Because it sure doesn't answer my question or explain it at all. Thanks for wasting my time though.

WTF does that even mean? Is it some round about weird way of trying to insult me? Because it sure doesn't answer my question or explain it at all. Thanks for wasting my time though.

Your item has less than this. What you see on the hint is because of set bonus.

PS 619 hero damage and no resists. Poor boy.

It was already explained, it's because you have a set bonus.

Im talking about this..

It has over 127 to a single stat, so does that mean the stat is negative even though it shows a positive?

Why you have no resists?

Er... I couldn't find information about this when I searched the forums.

If a piece of gear has over 127 base (no set bonus) in a stat, it actually rolls around to become negative?

Lolled too at him having 0 resistances...
Its like, "look at me, i got 600 hero damage stat im the best" xD

1 thing i didnt know though is that you can get a stat too 127 without the set bonus.. i figured you couldnt go over it including the set bonus because im always wearin the set when upgrading items.

Er... I couldn't find information about this when I searched the forums.

If a piece of gear has over 127 base (no set bonus) in a stat, it actually rolls around to become negative?

The base stat for an item can't be outside the range -127 to +127, because of the data type used to store hero stats. Well, as of 7.10d I believe Trendy hard capped it to 126 base so you can't accidentally go past it, unless that didn't work.

Set bonus isn't part of the base stat - it's displayed after calculations, but not stored on the item, so it can exceed the limits. I believe this makes the effective stat cap on an item 160, if it's part of a set. That's what I was able to get in open anyways.

Ah, okay. They just store it in a single byte or something?

Thanks for the info.

A signed char most likely. I would attribute this error to a new dev problem. Since items are the class type likely to have the most duplication for data storage requirement, it would (at first) make the most sense to optimize those values by using data types of minimal size when they can get away with it. This is especially important in an MMO setting where a centralized server has to deal with storing and processing everyone's items.

The mistake they made was one of two types: either thinking that size matters when all item values are stored on local user machines (it doesn't), or lacking the foresight to know how their values would scale in such a short time.