Just a simple yes or no whether or not the ranked server should get wiped of all items/mana/characters.

I believe it should so I'm voting yes.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm , i'm sat on the sidelines with this one , casual legit people will dork out , hardcore farming folk could go either way, and people who cheated their wallets and gear up will be all against, it's one that will never be won , and not everyone will be pleased either way.

TL,DR : No vote.

Hackers/Cheaters won't care, because they'll have their stuff again within hours.

Casuals/Legitimate Gamers will care because they'll lose all those hours in game time.

Ultimately, just like booze and gun laws, only the legitimate will be hurt by this.

Vote: No

Hackers/Cheaters won't care, because they'll have their stuff again within hours.

Casuals/Legitimate Gamers will care because they'll lose all those hours in game time.

Ultimately, just like booze and gun laws, only the legitimate will be hurt by this.

I agree. Only those of us that actually worked for our stuff will be affected, and totally negatively. There is no up-side to this.

It does not need a wipe. Trendy just needs to start a new Ranked one after deciding which good bits to keep and which bad bits to drop based on progress so far. Then, no new changes are added there until we have all vetted them out on and "normalized" them on the Old Ranked and no one is whinging there anymore.

PS: No one cares about "hackers". It's a coop game. Please explain why the hell you would care about a hacker on say, Borderlands. The most he could do with "overpowered" gear is make it too easy and you'd just kick them anyway if you were against it, like a lot of you are kicking people with "underpowered" gear already. What's different really?

I play legitimately and I still vote yes

I agree. Only those of us that actually worked for our stuff will be affected, and totally negatively. There is no up-side to this.

except maybe a challenge to get everything again? There are plenty of other good reason to do this. Many games perform "wipes" especially on ranked type of servers.

Well , Following only knowing how Diablo 2 ranked ladders used to and still are, When a wipe happens there, bot heaven arises , crashes , dupes, etc are thrown in , hackers get rich flooding the econmy etc, then we ( the legit) get sold this hacked crap etc, then we have to follow the rule of "unless it drops in my game i dont want to touch it " which can in turn ruin econmy on the whole... I think ? Could be wrong though..

1) Hackers/Cheaters won't care, because they'll have their stuff again within hours.
2) Casuals/Legitimate Gamers will care because they'll lose all those hours in game time.

1) They cant effect YOUR game, its not an MMO, and the only reason to have good gear is to survive to get better gear. If you already have hacked gear, there's no reason to play, cause well, you can MAKE better gear that the game can ever drop, and cant grief anyone - how will you do that? HELP them finish a map??? - and the hackers play to grief other players, which can be done by just selling towers, and you kick them anyway.

2) No we don't. We just export once to Open, back that up, and start again. We can play with old gear on Open.

Well , Following only knowing how Diablo 2 ranked ladders used to and still are, When a wipe happens there, bot heaven arises , crashes , dupes, etc are thrown in , hackers get rich flooding the econmy etc, then we ( the legit) get sold this hacked crap etc, then we have to follow the rule of "unless it drops in my game i dont want to touch it " which can in turn ruin econmy on the whole... I think ? Could be wrong though..

which is already happening in this game...the whole "unless it drops in my game i wont touch it"

Voted no.
Hackers/Cheaters will always find a way, and the "destroyed" economy is a really lame excuse for a game which isnt a MMO to begin with.
In DunDef are no "seasons" like in D2.

If the server would be wiped, MANY people would drop the game, and it wouldnt be the last time the server would get wiped...

There's no room control in Diablo2, and a map here is over in 15 minutes, and hackers there do it to grief, which they CAN, on that game, as you can also kill other players with hacked gear, and we don't have a "ladder", it's more like a high score table, and seriously, who the hell looks at that? This is a coop game at its core, not a competitive one.

Just look how mad people got from getting the 12b loot nerf for UMF how you think a wipe of servers would turn out? most people would leave and hackers would still be there to ruin what the wipe is suppost to fix.

There's no room control in Diablo2, and a map here is over in 15 minutes, and hackers there do it to grief, which they CAN, on that game, as you can also kill other players with hacked gear, and we don't have a "ladder", it's more like a high score table, and seriously, who the hell looks at that? This is a coop game at its core, not a competitive one.

I wasn't comparing this game to Diablo 2 as your points are valid and they are differant entirely , but i was merely comparing the effects hackers can and do have after resets in terms of marketing etc. Im neutral on the whole thing as i'll play for the challege / race etc of a reset and yet i still like what i've achieved / earned gear wise so far ( Not much.. but still ) I think the term for me in terms of online games is ' going with the flow' ? If i like the core of the game ( which i do in this case) then it would take something highly drastic for it to put me off

Also i was partially offended by the comment about high score charts >_< I reference myself to them sometimes , though never really get anywhere on them :(

This is a coop game at its core, not a competitive one.

Generally i would agree with you except for the fact it says "Ranked" which is generally "Competitive"

Just look how mad people got from getting the 12b loot nerf for UMF how you think a wipe of servers would turn out? most people would leave and hackers would still be there to ruin what the wipe is suppost to fix.

You all keep saying this, so please explain how someone with +900 to each stat will "ruin" your game.

1) He enters your room, he starts wiping everything out, you check him, you see he has hacked gear, you kick him then lock the room. Fixed.

2) He enters your room, he starts wiping everything out. You need an archivement or gear so bad that you push your conscience down and you let him do it. Profit.

3) He enters your room and starts ganking you over and over and ... oh that's right, no PvP. AND EVEN IF HE COULD - *kick*. Fixed.

You all keep saying this, so please explain how someone with +900 to each stat will "ruin" your game.

1) He enters your room, he starts wiping everything out, you check him, you see he has hacked gear, you kick him then lock the room. Fixed.

2) He enters your room, he starts wiping everything out. You need an archivement or gear so bad that you push your conscience down and you let him do it. Profit.

3) He enters your room and starts ganking you over and over and ... oh that's right, no PvP. AND EVEN IF HE COULD - *kick*. Fixed.

huh? did i say something wrong? i was with you dude XD my point was a wipe wouldnt solve it ppl got mad from uber loot nerf people who took their time and did things would be furious with a wipe i would be. The been said hackers would still be there and the economy as people say will still be **** and hackers will just be getting a better paycheck from people who buy things off them.

Bet a hacker would love a wipe he could sell things all over again

Generally i would agree with you except for the fact it says "Ranked" which is generally "Competitive"

Ranked means "Trendy is keeping an eye out for cheaters and hackers", and because it has PERSONAL Steam Archivements you can get, hence Ranked. Normally games called them "Official" as they track everything officially, while "hackers" can mess with stats like unlocks offline. DD has a few "Unlocks", one of them is the Chicken.

huh? did i say something wrong? i was with you dude XD my point was a wipe wouldnt solve it ppl got mad from uber loot nerf people who took their time and did things would be furious with a wipe i would be. The been said hackers would still be there and the economy as people say will still be **** and hackers will just be getting a better paycheck from people who buy things off them.

Bet a hacker would love a wipe he could sell things all over again

Sorry, I wasnt trying to be a smartarse. I just keep hearing that hackers spoil games, when in DD, they cant.

But again, you say that hackers can sell things again. Why? They hack 10 items for free and sell to Tavern, and they have max mana again, or just HACK max mana and skip the whole needing to do anything phase.

nah just saying hackers would love the wipe since they could sell hack items for money as we have all seen those USD shops i bet they would do quite good after a wipe.