Refrain from posting Changelog(Reasons Inside)

There was a problem with this in League of Legends quite a while back.

someone from the test server would leak the patch notes, and for the remaining time until the patch becomes live. people would pick the character with the soon-to-be-fixed values and use him due to him being slightly OP.

if people know item drops are going to be raised, the want to play becomes lowered.
if people know values are going to be nerfed, people will play more, and after the patch goes live, people will complain about person XYZ having a weapon that's unobtainable now.

if you don't say which you're going to do until it becomes live(what League of Legends is doing now). people still play without an idea if their character is OP or underpowered(UP).

also, I think when introducing new loot, there shouldn't be a large gap between the endgame and the new endgame. This avoids the need to nerf, and it stops everyone from complaining. and usually everyone is happy with item drop buffing, so you can do this in really small increments(10% and 20% always sounds too high for me).

release the patchnotes when you send your patch to Valve(or however it works) that way there is only an hour or so for people to "farm" or "abuse" the drop system.

TL:DR. Don't post future Patch notes until after patch gets sent/goes live, Stronger equips should be slightly stronger than previous endgame equipment(no more than +5 more stats and +5 ups?). New map content should be difficult until nerfed to the "right spot" to avoid people farming easily.

Nerfing or buffing a character isn't a big deal, imo. However, posting a pre-patch note about fixing an exploit is not a good idea. iirc, they did this about the projectile speed exploit, basically telling everyone about the exploit before it was fixed. I'm not saying that no one knew about the exploit and no one else was telling people about it, but I would still leave it out of the notes just because.

Posting about buffing loot drops can go both ways. People will feel less inclined to play before the patch, but not posting will lead to people feeling cheated if they spent yesterday farming for loot that got buffed today.

Actually they have already done this - hiding the fact that UMF drop has been nefted, but again people whine of "ninja" nefting =]

The very thing thats pissed off most people is that they fail to add major nerfs or buffs till the time of patch or even after.

Maybe if they were honest with the patch notes people wouldnt get upset.

The whole thing about a character being nerfed or buffed wasn an example of what used to happen in league of legends. When patch notes were released. People would take advantage of what was said.

The problem with people farming and suddenly they become buffed the next day. There are always going to have to farm for newer loot. The unfortunate event of one finding an item. And then upgrading it. Just to read the drops became better. They still have a good item to help them farm for the newer gear easier...

At least Thats what i would tell myself. Haha

The whole thing about a character being nerfed or buffed wasn an example of what used to happen in league of legends. When patch notes were released. People would take advantage of what was said.

The problem with people farming and suddenly they become buffed the next day. There are always going to have to farm for newer loot. The unfortunate event of one finding an item. And then upgrading it. Just to read the drops became better. They still have a good item to help them farm for the newer gear easier...

At least Thats what i would tell myself. Haha

Yeah but we also have the cases where your weapon or the drops get nerfed with or without telling people which causes the lucky people who got to play before the nerf a advantage. Some people are even abusing the patch system itself as it doesnt kick you out of the game or keep you from continuing to play.

The thing that happens in DD is that people can refuse to update by leaving client open. That why if you reveal that a profitable map will be nefted, they will all turn off autoupdate to keep farming which fail your purpose of limiting the loot.

In LoL, even if they know a hero is OP, they can only take advantages of him like 2 or 3 days before the patch goes live; it is not the case in DD.

What people whining about is the "fairness" - some folks who play a day before them get to take the advantages of high drop rate and get some really cool loot that they could not get a day after. Ironically, themselves are ones that create that "unfairness", instead of just shutting their mouths about the lower drop rate then others would still update and the world would be balanced again; they flood the forum about the neft that makes others on guard and turn off the update, thus allow them to continue farming. Then THEMSELVES whine of "unfairness". I just lol hard at them.

Enthusiasm + stupidity = destructive.

The thing that happens in DD is that people can refuse to update by leaving client open. That why if you reveal that a profitable map will be nefted, they will all turn off autoupdate to keep farming which fail your purpose of limiting the loot.

In LoL, even if they know a hero is OP, they can only take advantages of him like 2 or 3 days before the patch goes live; it is not the case in DD.

What people whining about is the "fairness" - some folks who play a day before them get to take the advantages of high drop rate and get some really cool loot that they could not get a day after. Ironically, themselves are ones that create that "unfairness", instead of just shutting their mouths about the lower drop rate then others would still update and the world would be balanced again; they flood the forum about the neft that makes others on guard and turn off the update, thus allow them to continue farming. Then THEMSELVES whine of "unfairness". I just lol hard at them.

Patching needs to be fixed itself. They need to stop doing crap like this in the first place.

whoops superloot didnt mean to add that... NERF...whoops to much buff buff buff buff ok thats where we wanted it.

Sorry but maybe if they did proper testing we wouldnt see them half braking the game every major patch.

Actually they have already done this - hiding the fact that UMF drop has been nefted, but again people whine of "ninja" nefting =]

I still have no idea what "nefting" is.

I still have no idea what "nefting" is.

From teh urban dictionary:

1. Neft
To hide from an attempted sexual encounter where the unwilling person ducks behind a sofa or other large object.

Not again.. That Guy with his Nefting issues. :apprentice:

---

Agree about exploiting part and patch notes.

From teh urban dictionary:

1. Neft
To hide from an attempted sexual encounter where the unwilling person ducks behind a sofa or other large object.

Thanks for clearing that up!